2017 4* ATH Alaric Williams

CameronCrazy

This has been Malzahns most impressive feat as a coach is I swear he is batting 95% and above in getting all our recruits qualified so that they arrive on campus on time. This is one of the few who have not qualified. I hate it for alaric and us. He was one of the heart and soul of this class who committed almost 2 years before they signed.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This has been Malzahns most impressive feat as a coach is I swear he is batting 95% and above in getting all our recruits qualified so that they arrive on campus on time. This is one of the few who have not qualified. I hate it for alaric and us. He was one of the heart and soul of this class who committed almost 2 years before they signed.

Agreed.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good call. It's 97.6% and Gus doesn't get them enrolled, the kids do their work. What Gus has done on this is not take many kids who are high academic risks to not qualify. He's been more judicous about that than Tubbs was. That's not a knock on Tubbs. Signing rules were different then too.

For those in the know, is there a JUCO RB target?

I learned a long time ago, with any change, there is an opportunity to upgrade.

Good luck to the kid . Academics can't be pushed aside . Hope he does what it takes to make it back to AU

I really hate it for the guy. He has been committed for so long. Hopefully, he will get his academic act together and be a RB or WR for the Tigers in the not too distant future.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not at this time to my knowledge.

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

I learned a long time ago, with any change, there is an opportunity to upgrade.

Not as much opportunity as one might think. Under the newer rules, that signee slot is gone forever. Even if we wanted to sign a replacement, at this time of year players of the quality we need are simply all gone.

E does this change how many RB's we will take this year?

Hate it for him. Hope he gets the academic help he needs at Juco to succeed. 

Does this drop AU out of the top 10 in recruiting?

Auburn running back/athlete signee Alaric Williams will not be part of the 2017 Tigers class after all, AuburnUndercover.com can confirm. 

Instead, after coming up short in his qualifying efforts Williams will head to Garden City Community College in Kansas. He confirmed the news via Twitter -- it was first reported by AL.com's Drew Champlin.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn running back/athlete signee Alaric Williams will not be part of the 2017 Tigers class after all, AuburnUndercover.com can confirm. 

Instead, after coming up short in his qualifying efforts Williams will head to Garden City Community College in Kansas. He confirmed the news via Twitter -- it was first reported by AL.com's Drew Champlin.

In this day and time, it is almost impossible for a signee to not qualify. His situation must have been pretty bad, or he didnt get consistent help to overcome his academic problems...sorry for him...

do our recruiters not have a way of knowing if a kids grades are not up to par? i mean did his high school coach know? not seeking blame to anyone or anything like that but i just thought in thiis day and time we would be past that? anyone want to enlighten me please? thanx

56 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Does this drop AU out of the top 10 in recruiting?

No. He still signed an NLI & counts against the 25 limit for the 2017 class and team rankings. 

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

With the loss of a 4*, the '17 class ends up out of the top 10.... correct?

Nope. He signed so he's still part of the class in recruiting sites eyes. Flawed system.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do our recruiters not have a way of knowing if a kids grades are not up to par? i mean did his high school coach know? not seeking blame to anyone or anything like that but i just thought in thiis day and time we would be past that? anyone want to enlighten me please? thanx

Yes & yes. I think at one time there was a plan to get him qualified. I think he just stumbled along the way & based on his tweet I think he didn't take it seriously til it was too late.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. He signed so he's still part of the class in recruiting sites eyes. Flawed system.

So, does he go on the "attrition" list?

Just now, oracle79 said:

So, does he go on the "attrition" list?

No. Never enrolled.

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not seeking blame to anyone or anything like that but i just thought in thiis day and time we would be past that?

In today's high school world, you have to try pretty hard (or really not give a crap, or have some learning disability) to not be successful academically.

Archived