2017 4* ATH Alaric Williams

CameronCrazy

Il be watching several of Alarics games this fall. Can't wait for high school football season.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just wondering about this guy. He's a commit but I never really see many people talk about him on here. If I'm not mistaken 247 has him as a 4 star RB. With him & Octavius coming in, would that finish up our RB's for this class?

He is an ATH on 247 & the composite. We are recruiting both as AThletes & not just RBs. We plan to take 1 to 2 RBs to go along with them.

Where else would Alaric project besides RB?

DB.

Thanks. That's impressive. He's must be quicker than he appears to be on film.

safeties & nickels don't have to have killer speed.

I was referring to his hip quickness

Nickels need to be extremely quick. You are right

In the hips all DBs need to be. When I see a statement that reads about quickness I assume, like many people probably do, the person is talking foot speed unless they specify another body part.

To be a nickel in general you need to have foot speed as well. What you don't have you need to make up in either size or experience/knowledge. But it always depends on match ups as well

• 2 months later...

Alaric out 4-6 weeks with an injury that could have been much worse

Southside-Gadsden running back Alaric Williams’ senior season has been put on hold.

The Auburn commitment will undergo surgery Monday to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee, according to Mark O’Bryant, Williams’ guardian.

Williams sustained the injury Friday during Southside’s 44-29 win over Hokes Bluff.

“He hurt it in the second quarter and the doctor looked at it and thought it was a deep bruise,” O’Bryant said. “Alaric said he was going back out, and he went and played the rest of the game.”

Williams went on to rush for 140 yards on 14 carries, but something was missing. O’Bryant noticed it. Williams was lacking the top-end speed he displayed a week before when he rushed for 188 yards and four touchdowns.

“He didn’t have that fifth gear,” O’Bryant said. “He obviously ran well, but he couldn’t do what he did in the first game. I knew something was wrong.”

Williams had an MRI on Saturday, which confirmed O’Bryant’s concern.

It could have been worse.

“If you see the film, the lick that he took, it looked like it destroyed the ACL,” O’Bryant said. “His whole knee buckled. It was nasty looking. It should have killed the ACL, but it didn’t.”

That was good news to O’Bryant.

“That tells me he has a dang-good ACL,” O’Bryant said.

Dr. Butch Douthit will perform the surgery on Williams.

“It will slow (Williams) down for a bit, but only for 4-6 weeks,” O’Bryant said.

Williams rushed for 328 yards and four touchdowns on 30 carries in the first two games. He also had two receptions for 54 yards and a score, and returned a kick 56 yards.

“He’ll be back,” O’Bryant said. “As bad as it sounds, it could have been a lot worse.”

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

See some CB's coming in fast for Nebraska. 

I used to have a connection that knows Allaric's family pretty well. Haven't talked to him in a long time though. This news is surprising though unless it has something to do with Gus/Rhett Lashlee job security.

FWIW from Keith today

I think how much AU works to keep him on board will play a big factor in whether he sticks with the Tigers. Also, he has some academic work to do.

Not sure how to interpret that first part so I'm not going to try to put words in Keith's mouth but it is interesting.

Astounding observation from Keith. Why in the name of all that's holy would we NOT be putting maximum work into keeping him on board? ? ? 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Astounding observation from Keith. Why in the name of all that's holy would we NOT be putting maximum work into keeping him on board? ? ? 

Maybe there's somebody else or maybe there's something- such as his grades, as Keith mention- we don't like about him. Any number of reasons.

Quite honestly, I have no faith in our ability to scout or develop QBs at this point, but RBs have never been a problem. 

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe there's somebody else or maybe there's something- such as his grades, as Keith mention- we don't like about him. Any number of reasons.

Quite honestly, I have no faith in our ability to scout or develop QBs at this point, but RBs have never been a problem. 

If his grades or habits are that far in the tank, then why did we accept his commitment to begin with? Something's not right, and the comment hinting that we aren't working to keep him is the most likely suspect unless something solid comes up.

I'll just be honest, with the ineptitude shown by this HC, i wouldn't be surprised about anything. This coach has shown he can mess up a wet dream. We have talent, we have the money to complete, we have the support from the admin. Why is he so stubborn as to not do what he needs to do, unless he don't see what he needs to do. After the game planning i saw in the Clemson game and now the Texas A & M game, he really seems to have his head up his backside. No excuse for not game planning against Gilbert better than he did. No excuse.

On 9/20/2016 at 1:08 PM, Timeslider 6 said:

I'll just be honest, with the ineptitude shown by this HC, i wouldn't be surprised about anything. This coach has shown he can mess up a wet dream. We have talent, we have the money to complete, we have the support from the admin. Why is he so stubborn as to not do what he needs to do, unless he don't see what he needs to do. After the game planning i saw in the Clemson game and now the Texas A & M game, he really seems to have his head up his backside. No excuse for not game planning against Gilbert better than he did. No excuse.

I understand the ire toward the coach based on Clemson game and Texas A&M game. Play calling hurt us in both. But Gus has shown that he gets good recruits and he has also done a great job in hiring the kind of coaches that have turned the defense around. He also has the whole team playing hard in every game.  O is down but the team isn't I just don't understand the vitriol.  We have improved from week to week  on O. We moved the ball against a very good LSU D just need to turn the corner in the Red zone.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I understand the ire toward the coach based on Clemson game and Texas A&M game. Play calling hurt us in both. But Gus has shown that he gets good recruits and he has also done a great job in hiring the kind of coaches that have turned the defense around. He also has the whole team playing hard in every game.  O is down but the team isn't I just don't understand the vitriol.  We have improved from week to week  on O. We moved the ball against a very good LSU D just need to turn the corner in the Red zone.

Yeah. I consider it a little bizarre to suggest that they're just getting lazy- Tim freaking Horton is still our RB coach, I believe- or that their playcalling is a reflection on their recruiting. 

There's plenty to be upset about with this coaching staff. I don't understand the inclination to look for additional reasons that aren't there. 

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The essence of the problem with Gus is his stubbornness. If he would just be willing to listen to his coaches, he may adjust a little faster to the game. His unwillingness to change Rhett or his plays or his attitude towards preparation is the problem. He may grow into a good coach, but as long he is unwilling to admit he isn't the smartest guy in the house and adapt he will put himself in jeopardy of having a job, When he first came to AU he was known for adjusting on the fly, but he has lost that and he has lost a lot of the fans.  

• 4 weeks later...

So a friend was at the Brewer game on 10/7 and I finally got to talk to him last night about how AW did.  Brewer is no powerhouses by any means however, his words were AW looked like a man among boys out there.  More than a step faster than everyone on the field and had several long plays.  Took a swing pass 75 yards for td and a sweep 55 but kid had angle on him so tackled just before td.  Also said he had to avg 6-8 yards per carry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2016 at 1:34 PM, lkeel75 said:

So a friend was at the Brewer game on 10/7 and I finally got to talk to him last night about how AW did.  Brewer is no powerhouses by any means however, his words were AW looked like a man among boys out there.  More than a step faster than everyone on the field and had several long plays.  Took a swing pass 75 yards for td and a sweep 55 but kid had angle on him so tackled just before td.  Also said he had to avg 6-8 yards per carry.

Yeah, that's not saying must. Used to live up that way and Brewer football was always pretty bad. Good for Williams to have a good game though.

• ellitor featured this topic
  • 2 months later...

Archived