2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

EMB will be a tiger, and bring Ant with him!

I think so, too. Kind of guilty of already counting him as one of our commits and wondering mostly about a third LB.

The plan is to take 4. Another one I forgot to mention is Donta Evans. He looked close to being a Tiger after BCW but we have cooled on him since then.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so, too. Kind of guilty of already counting him as one of our commits and wondering mostly about a third LB.

The plan is to take 4. Another one I forgot to mention is Donta Evans. He looked close to being a Tiger after BCW but we have cooled on him since then.

Will be interesting to see unfold since we cooked on him to pursue Lamar and Bitoli. Sounds like Donta has moved on as well but that could change if we make a push.

Would love to see McCloud in the fold but he seems like a tweener and not sure how well he fits CWM idea of an OLB.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Surprise-No-1-ILB-visits-Tigers-38279989

Rahshaun Smith, the No. 1 inside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite and a Clemson commit, arrived at Auburn at about noon today to visit the Tigers.

For Auburn, this is welcome news.

In recent days, Tiger linebacker targets Tre Lamar and Daniel Bituli committed to Clemson and Tennessee, respectively.

AuburnUndercover has learned the Auburn staff is focusing on Smith, Elysee Mbem-Bosse of Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove, Devin Bush Jr. of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan and Zach McCloud of Lake Worth (Fla.) Santaluces -- a Miami commit -- at linebacker.

The Tigers believe they are “in it” with each, a source said.

Auburn has one linebacker — Tre Threat of Spanish Fort (Ala.) — already committed.

According to our intel, the Tigers like the young linebackers already on campus and feel good about their recruiting at that position.

Smith, who plays at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, committed to Clemson in March. He plans to be an early enrollee.

At The Opening in Oregon earlier this month, Smith told 247Sports he is solid with Clemson.

Seems like all the top linebackers are committing else where. 1 commits to Tennessee and another top LB commits to Clemson.

i could see bama getting 3 if they go after all of them. I would take any of the 4 but hope for Davis and Moon the most.

I sincerely hope you are wrong. A lot of our recent problems have come from UAT getting the ones they want and sending the others "anywhere but Auburn". The onus is on Gus to stop this in its tracks. There will never be a better opportunity to end this situation. AU recruiters, the time is NOW! We're paying huge amounts of money to have a top-notch recruiting staff. They have a great chance to earn their pay with the class of 2016 linebackers. We should expect nothing less.

I get so sick of the "conceding to bammer" mentality. We need to do whatever is necessary to move away from this mentality. We can go after any recruit this side of Uranus or Neptune and sign them. Remember...bammer is as bammer does." Take no prisoners and never, ever, ever, concede one thin dime to bammer.

I won't be surprised if Auburn decided to get in touch with him again. Thanks for your hard work.

We do have 1 top LB (Tre Threat ), but we need 3 to 4 more.

While Tre is a solid LB I'm not sure he is on the level with some of the others that we are recruiting. But if Boom says he is, then I'm on board too.

Well doc4aday I get sick of people assuming crap about others. I have no "conceding to Bama" mentality. I hope we fight like hell for who we want but in this case I knew when I said that back in February that Davis and Mack were Bamas to lose and would be extremely hard to pull one of them and I am sure Moon likes them as well. So I said I "could see" Bama getting 3 of them not that they definitely would. With us Getting Tre I may have been dead on. Though Moon may never get a committable offer from them.

Also I work with a relative of Mack's and he told me back in Feb. when I posted it that Mack was heavy on Bama. He also told me a lot of stuff about him that didnt sound good to me that's why I said in the post in February I would like Ben and Moon the most

WDE mentioned "losing Tre" in another thread. Apologies, but what did I miss?

Lamar. Committed to Auburn with a lake last weekend. He was the top guy on AU's LBer board. Huge lost.

WDE mentioned "losing Tre" in another thread. Apologies, but what did I miss?

Lamar. Committed to Auburn with a lake last weekend. He was the top guy on AU's LBer board. Huge lost.

Ah, gotcha, thank you.

So is Auburn recruiting Jamal Couch of Central-Phenix City as a LB? He's committed to FSU as a LB on their board.

So is Auburn recruiting Jamal Couch of Central-Phenix City as a LB? He's committed to FSU as a LB on their board.

Currently playing WR at Central at the moment. But yes, I believe we're recruiting him as an Lb. Good friends with John.

Currently playing WR at Central at the moment. But yes, I believe we're recruiting him as an Lb. Good friends with John.

If AU offers could get interesting. Kid grew up all AU.

Is that why the coaches are holding back with him, because they know he would be pretty ripe for the picking if our top targets don't pan out? I only just looked at his profile on 247, and he's listed at about the same size as Karlos Dansby was when KD was playing receiver in high school...if he's legitimately 6'4-6'5, 215-220, and with the athleticism to play receiver, then dude could make for a BEAST at OLB, I would think.

Is that why the coaches are holding back with him, because they know he would be pretty ripe for the picking if our top targets don't pan out? I only just looked at his profile on 247, and he's listed at about the same size as Karlos Dansby was when KD was playing receiver in high school...if he's legitimately 6'4-6'5, 215-220, and with the athleticism to play receiver, then dude could make for a BEAST at OLB, I would think.

No idea.

No idea.

Cool. Thanks for the info; I always feel far more comfortable trusting stuff from you than I do from even the guys working for the pay sites (mostly because I know those guys ARE working for the pay sites, and thus have reason to slant things one way or the other).

No idea.

Cool. Thanks for the info; I always feel far more comfortable trusting stuff from you than I do from even the guys working for the pay sites (mostly because I know those guys ARE working for the pay sites, and thus have reason to slant things one way or the other.

Thanks.

Tight end not WR per sites. Everything I have read to this point has us only looking at him at TE for the moment but Isaac Nauta is the only TE we would take with Landon at TE right now.

He's bigger then I am and I'm 6'3. So yes. He's legitimately 6'4-6'5!

Archived