2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

Kieth Niebuhr is hearing AU should get some great news in a month about a huge DL target. FWIW.

AJ is my hope, but Clayton would be nice as well. wish he had been more specific.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kieth Niebuhr is hearing AU should get some great news in a month about a huge DL target. FWIW.

AJ is my hope, but Clayton would be nice as well. wish he had been more specific.

I'd add another one to that list Dixie.

I seem to remember ellitor mentioning that another DL not in Dixie's list would be narrowing his list to 5 around that time. If it's that same guy, maybe he's narrowing his list a little more than that. That would be pretty swell. Swole, even. And definitely on fleek. Actually, fleek would be on that.

I seem to remember ellitor mentioning that another DL not in Dixie's list would be narrowing his list to 5 around that time. If it's that same guy, maybe he's narrowing his list a little more than that. That would be pretty swell. Swole, even. And definitely on fleek. Actually, fleek would be on that.

Davidson is who I would add.

Oh, THAT 5*? I guess that is good news or whatever. *giggle*

Best name yet!

He makes the most sense.

Out Lb's are turrible. Always have been, and always will be.

Mikey, am I doing this right?

:dunno:

No. In fact, epic fail. We have had great LB's at AU in the past. I never saw Dave Edwards or Jackie Burkett play here, but word is they were great. I did see Mike Kolen, Bobby Strickland, Ken Burnich, Freddie Smith, on and on through Josh Bynes. It's the performance since Bynes left after the 2010 season that's distressing. But you knew that, didn't you, Dixie you sly dog? :)

• 3 weeks later...

2016 4* OLB Jaleel Laguins visiting this weekend, I read. Are we to make anything of it? Sounds like UGA is trending?

UGA

At this point which of the Line backers that have been discussed are leaning toward us and when will any of them commit.

Smith, EMB, McCloud, Davis

Will we get one of those four? All are either up in the air or committed elsewhere at the present time.

Smith, EMB, McCloud, Davis

Will we get one of those four? All are either up in the air or committed elsewhere at the present time.

I am guessing we get 2 of these 4, with most confidence in EMB; Smith and McCloud next, feeling similarly about both; Davis would be great, but feeling least confident about him.

All just reading tea leaves.

My tea leaves (WDE and others) say that Davis is pretty much out of the question for AU. We'd have to get two of the remaining three, a feat that would be quite a reach for us. Not impossible, but certainly a reach.

Odds are in our favor (greater than 50%) on McCloud and Smith. EMB will be a tiger in a few weeks when he announces. Davis is a toss up but you have to like the fact that Marlon is in his ear and Marlon will be committing to the good guys 9/4.

Odds are in our favor (greater than 50%) on McCloud and Smith. EMB will be a tiger in a few weeks when he announces. Davis is a toss up but you have to like the fact that Marlon is in his ear and Marlon will be committing to the good guys 9/4.

I think it is hard to trump his daddy, who played at AL. If his daddy is way, way open minded we have a small chance. He definitely would see the field sooner at AU.

I don't know where, other than we Auburn fan's wishful thinking, that odds are better than 50/50 on McCloud and Smith. Anyone that wants to say odds are 50/50 on EMB won't get an argument from me.

Marlon's in Davis's ear? His family, friends, dad's friends and the REC are in his ear as well. Who does anyone think carries more weight with him? I'd put us at around 10% on Davis. It could happen, but nowhere near likely.

I don't know where, other than we Auburn fan's wishful thinking, that odds are better than 50/50 on McCloud and Smith. Anyone that wants to say odds are 50/50 on EMB won't get an argument from me.

Marlon's in Davis's ear? His family, friends, dad's friends and the REC are in his ear as well. Who does anyone think carries more weight with him? I'd put us at around 10% on Davis. It could happen, but nowhere near likely.

I disagree with nearly all of this, since this is pretty much a response to my post without quoting. Guess we'll see come February.

I disagree with nearly all of this, since this is pretty much a response to my post without quoting. Guess we'll see come February.

It is exactly a response to your post. I didn't think another quoting was necessary, since the previous two posts had yours in them.

Archived