2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

Does Mack Wilson or Ben Davis have any interest in Auburn?

Wilson no, Davis some (though few expect him to sign with Auburn).

He loves Coach Steele. We could make this closer than people think.

It doesn't matter how close we get. This isn't horseshoes. Georgia and Bama are leading right now and will more than likely stay that way. Other than him being nice to our coaches, I have seen no indications that he is more than just flirting with the thought of going to Auburn. Are we even going to have a hat on the table...lol

He's not the flirtinbg type. It's not in him or his family. He has & will give us an honest look. If we miss we miss. It's not cuz of some flirting.I don't know how many times that has to be pointed out. WDE has said it multiple times which should count for something.

Also if you are only flirting you don't tale double digit visits to a school throughout your recruitment. It means you have genuine interest.

There are definitely some who think we've got a chance. If I'm not mistaken, I think WDE even said that he thinks Davis ends up at Auburn. Sorry if I'm remembering that wrong. I do think it counts for a lot. But most agree with Jeff.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter how close we get. This isn't horseshoes. Georgia and Bama are leading right now and will more than likely stay that way. Other than him being nice to our coaches, I have seen no indications that he is more than just flirting with the thought of going to Auburn. Are we even going to have a hat on the table...lol

He's not the flirtinbg type. It's not in him or his family. He has & will give us an honest look. If we miss we miss. It's not cuz of some flirting.I don't know how many times that has to be pointed out. WDE has said it multiple times which should count for something.

Also if you are only flirting you don't tale double digit visits to a school throughout your recruitment. It means you have genuine interest.

I think WDE even said that he thinks Davis ends up at Auburn. Sorry if I'm remembering that wrong.

You're not. I'm not going that far though.
But most agree with Jeff.
I know & they are free to. It's just said because of the way some recruiting has gone people are gonna think negative of a kid & that he's playing games no matter how many times credible people say he's a classy honest young man.. And that's not just from WDE. That's from every recruiting reporter that has covered him from both AU & Bama sides.

I said "flirting with the thought." That is jusy another way of saying "considering." And Ben Davis is like 18. If he isn't the flirting type, he is missing out.

I'm glad we're throwing everything we've got at Davis. And if we don't land him, I'll still be glad we gave it our best shot. A lot of fans seem happy to concede guys to other programs. I don't get that.

Are still tring to get EMB?

No & haven't been for months. No change there w/ the new staff.

He seems to have all the measurables and a lot of other teams seem to like him and there seems to be a consensus that we need Linebackers and there don't seem to be a lot in the pipeline. What is it about this kid that we don't seem to want him?

I'm glad we're throwing everything we've got at Davis. And if we don't land him, I'll still be glad we gave it our best shot. A lot of fans seem happy to concede guys to other programs. I don't get that.

I'm all for being relentless but I'm also all for being realistic.

I'm all for being relentless but I'm also all for being realistic.

You are both right. With some players they are not worth the extra effort and they play games. This is an elite player at a position of need that has been honest where he is leaning but has also shown enough interest to make it worth the extra effort.

He's an instate player that is either 1 or 2 at his position (which is a huge position of need for us). It's not taking an extraordinary amount of resources to see it through to the finish. Hell

If the bams would have given up, it wouldn't be a position of need for us right now.

I said "flirting with the thought." That is jusy another way of saying "considering." And Ben Davis is like 18. If he isn't the flirting type, he is missing out.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Are still tring to get EMB?

No & haven't been for months. No change there w/ the new staff.

He seems to have all the measurables and a lot of other teams seem to like him and there seems to be a consensus that we need Linebackers and there don't seem to be a lot in the pipeline. What is it about this kid that we don't seem to want him?

Correcting myself. We are still recruiting EMB but guys like Davis, Josh Uche, & Jaleel Laguins are higher on the board. New staff, just like the previous staff is only looking to get 2, maybe 3 LBs in this class. We have 1 so that means 1 to 2 more. No clue why EMB is not higher on the board. Never seen a reason reported.

Espn says Ben had Official visit on 1/22 to AU and 1/29 to UA. Saw where his dad played at bama. Surprised that Mack has no interest since he is from Montgomery. Any other LB we are targeting i know Tre has already enrolled.

Espn says Ben had Official visit on 1/22 to AU and 1/29 to UA. Saw where his dad played at bama. Surprised that Mack has no interest since he is from Montgomery. Any other LB we are targeting i know Tre has already enrolled.

Davis may flip his AU & Bama visits. TBD. Not surprising Mack has no interest. The 2 sides burned their bridges with each other over the Summer. The LB board right now appear to be top tier of Davis, Josh Uche, Jaleel Laguins w/ Elyse Bosse in the next tier.

Jaleel Laguins

Thought he was a hard commit to UGA?

Before the SW stuff that would be a majority of my arguments....I just can't make myself have that mentality.

Jaleel Laguins

Apparently he may not be a priority to new HC KS.

Jaleel Laguins

Apparently he may not be a priority to new HC KS.

KS smart is too used to recruiting LBs who end up going in the first round in the NFL draft. He probably has forgotten that he now coaches UGA where LBs don't fall like rain.

Wilson made some nasty comments about Auburn over the summer and it appears that we feel the same about him. There's nothing there for either side now.

Archived