Dontavious Russell and Andrew Williams

ClaytonAU

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it appears we have a couple of different accounts.

those different accounts are not all that technically different. it depends what your motivation for giving those accounts are.

Yes....

From that reddit link:

Explains a lot.

About Auburn players harassing disabled vet (self.CFB)

submitted an hour ago * by Auburn Tigersoscarchap1

I don't post often to CFB or to reddit at all that much. Let me also say that I love our country and have many veterans in my family. Our military and veterans deserve the highest respect for being willing to give their lives so that we have our freedom. Yes, I am an Auburn fan and a student of the university, however that does not mean I cannot tell an unbiased account of the events that happened yesterday.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the bottom floor of the Haley center waiting on my girlfriend to be finished with class. Those familiar with the Haley center know that there are people constantly walking in and out of the bottom floor and there are people constantly giving tours and such. I, being the people watcher that I am, enjoy sitting, watching, and listening to the people as they walk by.

I noticed a woman walk in with dog, something I didn't find particularly unusual. A few sorority girls (no I don't know which, I'm not skilled like that) walk over to the dog to try and pet him/her. The woman was very standoffish and told the girls to get away from her animal. The girls puzzled and confused (looking somewhat offended) walked away. A few moments later, more people passed by and tried to pet the dog, much to the owners disdain.

Then two football players (apparently Dontavious Russel and Andrew Williams) walked over to the dog. They were saying things like "Here puppy" and other phrases commonly used to call a dog. As they approached the dog, one squatted down to pet him/her. Upon seeing this, the woman absolutely flipped out. I guess it was just the straw that broke the camels back. I mean, after three isolated incidents of someone messing with something of mine that I didn't want to be messed with I would be pissed too. She screamed at the players, telling them to get away. The players walked away, and like anyone who just got yelled at seemed upset for doing something so accidental were not happy and slightly embarrassed. They said "Damn, okay" and walked away. And not like DAMN BITCH but like a Chris Tucker dayuum. There was no intentional harassing, there was just a girl who had been fed up with multiple people trying to pet her dog.

EDIT: Grammar

EDIT 2: I'm not trying to say who is right and who is wrong, I'm just saying what I saw happen.

I'll just leave this here as an anecdote regarding service dogs. My freshman year, 2009, a girl living in my dorm had a service dog. She had severe epileptic fits, and the dog would protect her if she fell and would lay on top of her to protect her from the fits. The first time I met her, I asked about her dog and if I could pet him. She informed that the dogs are trained to work with their vests. When the vest is on the dog is in full on work mode, which is why it's important not to engage them as we would normal dogs because it could confuse them and distract then from their purpose. But when the vest is off the dog is just another dog, loving attention, licking, and playing with anyone willing to play back.

She understood my ignorance and calmly explained it to me, as I'm sure she's done multiple times a day for many days before and since. From all accounts, the woman in regards to this new incident was tired, exasperated, and clearly suffering from issues. So I can understand her initial reaction to the football players wanting to pet her dog, I can understand her being frustrated and not wanting to explain, I can understand her being upset that they got pissed that she was upset at them. I can understand all of this, except what she did after it all "went away."

The following is my presumption. Her Facebook post accomplished nothing in my opinion. If she felt so wronged her initial reaction was the best way to handle it. Where she contacted a school employee, informed them of the issue, and explained why it was wrong. But then she continued, it no longer was a misunderstanding, it no longer was about getting back to normal. It was now about getting the power back and attacking those she feels attacked her, because she was powerless to go after those who attacked her when she was in the military. For everyone involved, it has ceased to be about what actually happened, and has evolved into a much more socially impactful witch hunt. It's not even a discussion anymore. And that is the overall problem.

This is what our society has become....a simple misunderstanding + social media + blood thirsty news outlets :banghead:

Social media is just the worst.

You got that right. Anyone can claim anything. And then people who don't know any of the people involved and who were also not there themselves can set about deciding which of the people they don't know (and can't even know were actually there either) is more "credible" and ought to be believed.

From here, this seems like a crock of overraeacting BS and media dogpiling over nothing. Some are trying to profit by overstating the situation.

"@SEC Help us fight the bullying @CoachGusMalzahn allows players to humiliate and disrespect veterans #AuburnTigersOnNotice" I'll also say this statement is rather damning. CGM "ALLOWS"? This a new policy I'm unaware of?

This story stinks of too many cooks.

This is what our society has become....a simple misunderstanding + social media + blood thirsty news outlets :banghead:/>

Ferguson....facts don't matter...somebody said this happened...I want blood...true facts don't affect my opinion as I am a lifelong victim and this is going to be a sacrificial lamb in our cause!!!! Smdh

People disgust me with their pathetic uninformed angry mob mentality. People like this should have done to them whatever it is they are calling for against the other. This is becoming a victim state and this is the results we should expect if we continue to stand for it.

Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. I am not a veteran nor have I been harassed at work nor do I have PTSD nor in need of a service dog but I am view by many as not average-different looking I am 5'20" tall. I learned many years ago that I could get mad or just laugh and say something funny when I was ask how tall are you? are you a giant? did you or I bet you played basketball and as I got older did you play football? Hows the weather up there? Is it snowing up there? You short people will never believe how many time I have answered those and other similar questions. I just developed answers to these questions that were in my opinion funny and I enjoyed saying them and as a result I have met more people that most average folks. You sure are tall- "No I am not, I was just born in a world full of short people, or shrimps"; hows weather up there-- "I have a phone in my a?? call up there and see"; Did you play basketball, "not much some in high school" you are tall enough "I am example of a white man that can't jump"

My point if you are different in any way-- just understand you are different--don't get mad when people see your difference--look or stare at you, nudge their friends to look and ask questions. Just how something funny to say when they ask the same questions you have answered all you life and remember it's their first time to meet you or someone like you and they are thinking they are saying something you have never heard. She need to understand that most people don't know you should not talk or tough her service dog and she should use it as an opportunity to educate the rest of us-- I never thought about it being a big no no.

To end would you believe my name is Ray Rice--will the other Ray Rice didn't do me any favors-so I just quickly say it is not me because if it was I would be dead--because my wife would kill me for doing much less. This one get my wife to quickly agree. Oh yes were are Mutt and Jeff. It took years for her to get accustomed to people staring at us.

Oh yes, if you see me at a Auburn game I would expect you to say how tall are you tall gray cat? Then I will know you read this rant.

If some regular Joe had walked through Haley and acknowledged the dog, and the female over reacted the same, and Joe blew her off and threw out a name we wouldn't even know the incident happened. And dogs aren't allowed inside public buildings "unless" they are service/handicap animals. Why didn't she have a vest on the animal if he was in the capacity to aid and assist her in such a public place?

The sensationalizm that has been exploited by the female and her family have caused this thing to go viral - for whatever reason they are grasping for attention. Someone with her disorder wants as little attention/confrontation as possible, yet she conducts a dang interview with a media member in Columbus? Something just doesn't add up.

Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. I am not a veteran nor have I been harassed at work nor do I have PTSD nor in need of a service dog but I am view by many as not average-different looking I am 5'20" tall. I learned many years ago that I could get mad or just laugh and say something funny when I was ask how tall are you? are you a giant? did you or I bet you played basketball and as I got older did you play football? Hows the weather up there? Is it snowing up there? You short people will never believe how many time I have answered those and other similar questions. I just developed answers to these questions that were in my opinion funny and I enjoyed saying them and as a result I have met more people that most average folks. You sure are tall- "No I am not, I was just born in a world full of short people, or shrimps"; hows weather up there-- "I have a phone in my a?? call up there and see"; Did you play basketball, "not much some in high school" you are tall enough "I am example of a white man that can't jump"

My point if you are different in any way-- just understand you are different--don't get mad when people see your difference--look or stare at you, nudge their friends to look and ask questions. Just how something funny to say when they ask the same questions you have answered all you life and remember it's their first time to meet you or someone like you and they are thinking they are saying something you have never heard. She need to understand that most people don't know you should not talk or tough her service dog and she should use it as an opportunity to educate the rest of us-- I never thought about it being a big no no.

To end would you believe my name is Ray Rice--will the other Ray Rice didn't do me any favors-so I just quickly say it is not me because if it was I would be dead--because my wife would kill me for doing much less. This one get my wife to quickly agree. Oh yes were are Mutt and Jeff. It took years for her to get accustomed to people staring at us.

Oh yes, if you see me at a Auburn game I would expect you to say how tall are you tall gray cat? Then I will know you read this rant.

great attitude. i always resist the urge to ask the how tall are you question. just because i know they must be tired of hearing it. i like your units of measurement you used. some are probably still trying to figure that out.

If some regular Joe had walked through Haley and acknowledged the dog, and the female over reacted the same, and Joe blew her off and threw out a name we wouldn't even know the incident happened. And dogs aren't allowed inside public buildings "unless" they are service/handicap animals. Why didn't she have a vest on the animal if he was in the capacity to aid and assist her in such a public place?

The sensationalizm that has been exploited by the female and her family have caused this thing to go viral - for whatever reason they are grasping for attention. Someone with her disorder wants as little attention/confrontation as possible, yet she conducts a dang interview with a media member in Columbus? Something just doesn't add up.

Well sometimes you get yourself in a spot where you just fight.

I suffered severe anxiety issues when I went through my nasty depression bout. Got into two incidents due to it. One was drunk guy that thought I was hitting on his girlfriend, other was drunk guy that bumped into me and accused me of spilling his drink.

They did the whole chest bump get in your face thing and start trash talking. Well I had trouble replying back due to the anxiety, in fact I couldn't reply, then I had trouble just walking away due to the anxiety. Lol that left me with one choice... start swinging. So that's what I did.

Sometimes anxiety disorders can put you in a position you don't want to be in, and then the consequences of riding it out are less imposing than the ones of taking a different course of action anxiety wise. So you go with it and all else be damned.

My all time favorite athlete that suffered from anxiety disorders... Shayne Corson:

From here, this seems like a crock of overraeacting BS and media dogpiling over nothing. Some are trying to profit by overstating the situation.

"@SEC Help us fight the bullying @CoachGusMalzahn allows players to humiliate and disrespect veterans #AuburnTigersOnNotice" I'll also say this statement is rather damning. CGM "ALLOWS"? This a new policy I'm unaware of?

This story stinks of too many cooks.

Glad someone else brought this up. It's what I was talking about earlier. It's just too full of rhetoric. Someone is trying to sway opinion, and not simply state facts. Gus isn't allowing this. It also implies there is bullying taking place. If she had a legitimate issue, take it up with the appropriate parties in a mature, productive manner. Rhetorical tweets are childish and reek of either needing attention or attempting to slander.

I have spoken with upper administration and the K9's for Warriors group will be invited to speak about this topic to our entire student athlete population. It can be a teaching moment for all involved.

Well done!

I have spoken with upper administration and the K9's for Warriors group will be invited to speak about this topic to our entire student athlete population. It can be a teaching moment for all involved.

Well done!

Ozyurt, through Duval, declined repeated interview requests from AL.com on Tuesday to get a first-hand account of the incident. Duval told AL.com that Ozyurt asked her to speak on her behalf, and K9s for Warriors spread the story on Facebook Tuesday.

I'm not sure I'm interested in what they have to say. I appreciate what they do, but I don't know they should be spreading a story they most likely don't have all the facts on.

That tweet up above (for some reason my quote button doesn't work) was made by the girls sister. She is the one putting the blast on twitter and is also an admitted bama fan.

That tweet up above (for some reason my quote button doesn't work) was made by the girls sister. She is the one putting the blast on twitter and is also an admitted bama fan.

Yep I actually hope she keeps this up because she will bite off more than she can chew before long and I would like to see Auburn put her in her place in a very public manner.

Yep I actually hope she keeps this up because she will bite off more than she can chew before long and I would like to see Auburn put her in her place in a very public manner.

Maybe but just remember what an old man told me when I was a young man and now I am a old man passing it alone, "You can't out stink a skunk"

Archived