2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

I watched Brown's film again. Very impressive. But it looked like he was lined up at DE, rather than at DT. How come we have him listed here as a DT?

Because that is where we & every other school that is recruiting him wants him as well as all the recruiting sites project him. Just because a player plays 1 spot in high school that does not mean it's where AU & other teams expect him in college.

Well, he will make one incredibly fast DT for somebody. His pursuit of the ball after it passes the LOS is extremely impressive on that film. Reminds me of some of the plays Monty made for us last season.

I could be wrong but I believe we see him as a ) technique DT.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Brown's film again. Very impressive. But it looked like he was lined up at DE, rather than at DT. How come we have him listed here as a DT?

Because that is where we & every other school that is recruiting him wants him as well as all the recruiting sites project him. Just because a player plays 1 spot in high school that does not mean it's where AU & other teams expect him in college.

Well, he will make one incredibly fast DT for somebody. His pursuit of the ball after it passes the LOS is extremely impressive on that film. Reminds me of some of the plays Monty made for us last season.

I could be wrong but I believe we see him as a ) technique DT.

Hmmm ... like a Jay Ratliff type?

• 1 month later...

I see that D. Brown is visiting tomorrow per free 247 post by K. Niebuhr. Hope we hear some good news out of it.

I really hope u aren't one of those scofflaws who shares their account w/ others. That would just be shameful...

amirite??

I see that D. Brown is visiting tomorrow per free 247 post by K. Niebuhr. Hope we hear some good news out of it.

I really hope u aren't one of those scofflaws who shares their account w/ others. That would just be shameful...

amirite??

I wish. I was a member but due to the unforeseen demise of my previous job I had to cut bait with my membership so anything I share from 247 is from a free preview of an article, or someone who may not mark a post VIP.

Did he visit and if so how did it go?

Went good.

Little side note. uga going after every DT in the country could help AU in the end land this kid. IMO anyways. Something to watch.

Went good.

Little side note. uga going after every DT in the country could help AU in the end land this kid. IMO anyways. Something to watch.

Also, the play of their DT this Fall. I predict their fans are disappointed, as much as they have played Rocker up.

Went good.

Also, the play of their DT this Fall. I predict their fans are disappointed, as much as they have played Rocker up.

Tracy Rocker is one hell of a coach.

Come February, we will be where we need to be. We will land some great talent from Georgia as well as Florida. We are graphically situated much better than UAT. We have done will in the past with landing great players throughout the south. I have always said that if we can stay in the top 12 recruiting classes year in and out, we will play for championships on a regular basis.

I am in no way worried about not getting top level talent on the defensive side of the ball. We will do well, so we need to relax and let things run their course.

Come February, we will be where we need to be. We will land some great talent from Georgia as well as Florida. We are graphically situated much better than UAT. We have done will in the past with landing great players throughout the south. I have always said that if we can stay in the top 12 recruiting classes year in and out, we will play for championships on a regular basis.

I am in no way worried about not getting top level talent on the defensive side of the ball. We will do well, so we need to relax and let things run their course.

Cheer me up Doc!

These recruits are killing my nerves! :)

Cheer me up Doc!

These recruits are killing my nerves! :)/>

Top 12? Why not top ten?

Cheer me up Doc!

Top 12? Why not top ten?

If we aren't top nine we're screwed.

Cheer me up Doc!

Just remember what coach DYE said"the big dogs walk late".

Cheer me up Doc!

Top 12? Why not top ten?

If you ain't first, yer last.

Cheer me up Doc!

Top 12? Why not top ten?

If you ain't first, yer last.

True dat, Ricky Bobby......that just happened.

• 4 weeks later...

Eh, he lives in the greater Atlanta metroplex. Downtown Atlanta's got all kinds of stuff going on Saturday. It might be good news, or he might just be doing the most fun thing a kid in his town could possibly do with his weekend.

Okay, this wet blanket's gonna got some other fires to go put out...

Eh, he lives in the greater Atlanta metroplex. Downtown Atlanta's got all kinds of stuff going on Saturday. It might be good news, or he might just be doing the most fun thing a kid in his town could possibly do with his weekend.

People on this site don't call you a "wet blanket",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Behind your back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As far as you know.

The "rain on our parade" maybe.

this got me to thinking ... someone smarter than me can answer.

arent there some "different" recruiting rules for neutral site games? Seems I recall there were some OV type perks that can be done for neutral site games for recruits and it doesnt count as an OV. there is something strange about it ... am I completely off here?

As far as you know.

Man, with the things people call me to my face, I'd hate to hear what they say behind my back.

As far as you know.

Man, with the things people call me to my face, I'd hate to hear what they say behind my back.

Well, you never will, so ....

Archived