2017 5* DT Aubrey Solomon

RunInRed

Auburn has offered 2017 DT Aubrey Solomon according to Lee County (Ga.) head coach Dean Fabrizio -

@JEdwar247

1322078.jpg

Aubrey Solomon, DT

Leesburg, GA (Lee County)

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 271

- Picked up AU offer 2/24/15

- Class of 2017

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 79, No. 7 DT)

ESPN: NR

Rivals: NR

Offers: Auburn, Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, State, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Ole Miss, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3434349.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing just how many DT's are D1 prospects from GA this year.

This kid is 2017 not 2016 but your still have a good point. GA is loaded.

Ah, thanks.

• 1 year later...

Committed to Michigan yesterday. This hurts that Harbaugh was able to get a commit from a Georgia kid that we were trying to get. Especially since this isn't a very deep DT group.

Committed to Michigan yesterday. This hurts that Harbaugh was able to get a commit from a Georgia kid that we were trying to get. Especially since this isn't a very deep DT group.

This is good news. Otherwise he would have committed to UGA or UAT.

We are only taking 1 DT most likely anyway. Not a big loss for AU.

This is good news. Otherwise he would have committed to UGA or UAT.

Yep. Very good news for AU.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, the word is that AU is trending with Solomon?

That would be huge!!!  

Any news?

BSCI's post is the only thing I have seen saying trending AU. AU has made a move but unless there is something more from an AU reporter that I have missed UGA is still the favorite.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why are we only taking 1 DT in 2017 class? don't we lose  good number of DT after the Sugar bowl?

We lose 3 but are returning 5-6 DTs as of now. No need to take more than 1 with that kind of depth.

ellitor,,

I have been meaning to ask this anyway and maybe its not to far off topic.

Did Jauntavius Johnson show any promise at DT before getting hurt? I know he has the size....

20 minutes ago, WDavE said:

ellitor,,

I have been meaning to ask this anyway and maybe its not to far off topic.

Did Jauntavius Johnson show any promise at DT before getting hurt? I know he has the size....

He came into Auburn already injured. Have not seen him talked or asked about much.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He came into Auburn already injured. Have not seen him talked or asked about much.

Thanks ellitor......

I know he tore his ACL in high school but I thought maybe he was doing better two years removed.

20 minutes ago, WDavE said:

Thanks ellitor......

I know he tore his ACL in high school but I thought maybe he was doing better two years removed.

I'm sure he is. Just have not heard much on him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We lose 3 but are returning 5-6 DTs as of now. No need to take more than 1 with that kind of depth.

Derrick Brown, Andrew Williams, Dontavious Russell all coming back and all 3 played well at times this year, Russell has been a starter off and on for 2 years now. Then there's Antwuan Jackson and JJ as well as possibly Marlon Davidson sliding over occasionally to line up at DT or Cowart either moving to DT permanently or doing the same thing as MD. Assuming Brown, Williams, and Russell remain solid or get better, that's a solid lineup. May not be quite as dominant as this year was, but should be solid enough to work with, not counting the talent Auburn has coming off the edge with Cowart, Davidson, James III, and Holland.

46 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

don't forget Nick Coe

absolutely! He is huge and should be a force coming off of the end.

25 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

absolutely! He is huge and should be a force coming off of the end.

Or inside as he is a candidate to move to DT also.

On Coe, I've seen wild fluctuations in his reported weight, but I talked to a guy that's laid eyes on him. He said the guy still looks lean like a DE. I don't expect him to move inside. If I were laying odds on that, I'd lean toward Cowart over anyone else. He started playing more physical this year. He's not a pure speed guy on the edge. Inside, I think he could b really disruptive like a lite (and sane) version of Nkemdiche. I expect to see a five-man interior rotation again. That would be Russell, Brown, Williams, and I think Cowart would fit nicely in that with Jackson and Johnson battling for that last rotation spot. Heck, Solomon is the type of freshman to could push his way into a rotation as well.

On the edge, there are three locks (Davidson, Holland, and James). After that you have Cowart (if he remains), Coe, plus potentially a spot for freshman like Moultry (could play MLB but looked really good off the edge this past week) or Taylor (who is more of a LB/DE hybrid) if he commits. I like the group.

Archived