2017 5* DT Aubrey Solomon

RunInRed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a podcast about how uga is being a thorn in our side for recruiting now that they have Kirby.  I am hoping we can pull this guy and show we can still get the top lineman talent from GA

1 hour ago, lala said:

There was a podcast about how uga is being a thorn in our side for recruiting now that they have Kirby.  I am hoping we can pull this guy and show we can still get the top lineman talent from GA

We got Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson and Kyle Davis last year, three of our top recruits, that Kirby wanted desperately and pulled out all the stops to get.  Not sure who the Pillsbury dough-boy has taken from us this year, but life-long dawg fan Tray Bishop committed to us when he thought he could play QB here.  It seems the guys we want that we miss out on are ones that end up on the Dark Side.  Dinky is the one that is a thorn in our side.  Georgia is loaded with D1 talent so anyone coaching at uga is going to get a boatload of talent, much like LSwho.  

IF Kirby's showing this year is indicative of his coaching ability, where they were favored in every game this year at the beginning of the season, he won't last long. His assistant coaches are garbage and they do less with more than any team in the SEC. They always have at least 2 or 3 future NFL running backs on their team and have had better QBs than any team in SEC since Spurrier left UF.  

1 minute ago, LakeBum said:

We got Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson and Kyle Davis last year, three of our top recruits, that Kirby wanted desperately and pulled out all the stops to get.  Not sure who the Pillsbury dough-boy has taken from us this year, but life-long dawg fan Tray Bishop committed to us when he thought he could play QB here.  It seems the guys we want that we miss out on are ones that end up on the Dark Side.  Dinky is the one that is a thorn in our side.  Georgia is loaded with D1 talent so anyone coaching at uga is going to get a boatload of talent, much like LSwho.  

IF Kirby's showing this year is indicative of his coaching ability, where they were favored in every game this year at the beginning of the season, he won't last long. His assistant coaches are garbage and they do less with more than any team in the SEC. They always have at least 2 or 3 future NFL running backs on their team and have had better QBs than any team in SEC since Spurrier left UF.  

Marlon was from Montgomery but correct on Davis and Brown.  Ga was behind on them due to the previous regime.   KS is bringing in a ton of talent this year, it will be interesting to see how he can coach them up over the next few yrs.  

Ga state is always loaded and uga has always recruited well being the state school, but at the same time let top line targets get away; to us, UT (when they were good) and more recently Clemson and Bama.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/breaking-game-changed-5-star-dt-aubrey-solomon-decision

homer article but would be a big blow if this is accurate and he does not OV to us.

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/breaking-game-changed-5-star-dt-aubrey-solomon-decision

homer article but would be a big blow if this is accurate and he does not OV to us.

Probably for the best. We never really had much of a shot anyways. Now our expectations won't be unreasonably high. Hopefully we will hit the DL circuit hard next year. Probably we won't be landing any elite DT recruits this year. Last year spoiled us. 

Very disappointing that this kid will likely be playing for one of our two biggest rivals.

Since this was a weak DT class, I hope Garner grabs every DE we can grab (Parks, Johnson, Bryant) to add to Alec Jackson. Even if we miss on a true DT, we can move some guys inside (aka Cowart, Davidson, or Coe) to help spread the talent and depth around.

I'm not sure if the kid is as disoriented as this article makes him sound or if it's the writer. Anyway, we probably won't get him but this article isn't telling us anything good or bad. It's jibberish.

From Keith

He shifted throughout the week in San Antonio. Strange recruitment.

He made a big deal about wanting more attention from AU. I was told AU talked to his mom, but the kid never really responded to messages or calls from the Tigers.

I know his recruitment frustrated some at AU.

On 1/8/2017 at 4:11 AM, ellitor said:

From Keith

He shifted throughout the week in San Antonio. Strange recruitment.

He made a big deal about wanting more attention from AU. I was told AU talked to his mom, but the kid never really responded to messages or calls from the Tigers.

I know his recruitment frustrated some at AU.

Waning attention from AU but not being responsive... sounds like someone was receiving some REC benefits to be a distraction. Wouldn't be the first player.

Archived