RunInRed

Plant them on Mars.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Auburn fans at Jordan-Hare this season:

1430333860369.jpg

:laugh:

But I actually hope Jordan-Hare doesn't turn into the Jerry Dome. It's hilarious -- and sad -- to me to see all the fans watching the big screen instead of the game that's right in front of them.

I was in the Superdome for a couple AU games back in the day and had seats near the top. ...and I will say that if they had a screen like the proposed AU screen my eyes would have been glued to it. I expect those folks with tickets on row 30 of section 99 in JH will make good use of that new screen.

Good thing about the superdome was that restrooms and concessions were at the top...so only one trip up...and one back down at the end.

I feel badly for the people sitting in that end of the stadium. That thing is so large that it will be like sitting on the front row of the movie theater. What a headache! On a positive note, we could probably launch a rocket to the moon off the supporting structure.

Would there be any room to seats in the endzone after the new scoreboard goes up?

If you're talking about additional seats. there will no more seats added there.

Did I see someone wondering if it might be over-engineered?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

As an Electrical Engineer myself, nothing can be Over-Engineered . ;)/>

Lessee here....5 volts at 500 milliamps. Grab that 4.0 copper over there. It oughta handle the load and any surges that might occur in this USB charger.. ;)/>

(Just poking fun. Better over engineered than under, that is for sure.)

Especially if you are sitting in the end zone underneath it.

Just hoping it was designed by an AUburn engineer.....that'll give me confidence to sit under it?

I can guarantee the subgrade foundation was designed by an AU engineer....

Would there be any room to seats in the endzone after the new scoreboard goes up?

OK. No seats. How about a bungee jumping platform? :big:

OK. No seats. How about a bungee jumping platform? :big:/>

Ha interesting idea. Any higher and you could parachute off of it.

Archived