New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

I bet $10 that they're going to cover the backside of this thing up with vinyl murals. Anybody want to get in on this?

I'll take that bet ,,, sources indicate you're going to be pleasantly surprised. ;)/>

If you're talking about the screens, I've already taken that into account. I'm predicting the screens to go on the side pieces. Something has to cover up that big mammoth in the middle.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet $10 that they're going to cover the backside of this thing up with vinyl murals. Anybody want to get in on this?

I'll take that bet ,,, sources indicate you're going to be pleasantly surprised. ;)/>

If you're talking about the screens, I've already taken that into account. I'm predicting the screens to go on the side pieces. Something has to cover up that big mammoth in the middle.

Rumor is that it will be another screen or two facing the outside of the stadium

Another possible use for that big screen, a big on campus outdoors movie. Can't be a drive in, but it could be used to show movies on that screen.

image.jpg

The structure sitting on the pillars is half the depth of the main tower. Over the weekend they attached that piece at the back and to the side of the main tower. Is that piece on a cantilever when it reaches the bottom of the structure in front ? There is nothing underneath it at that point. Maybe that section at the back of the main tower will go all the way to ground level for the entire width ?

You'll get use to it. I do think there is some humor in the fact that at one end of the stadium we will temporarily have a score board that resembles one at my high school field back in the 1960s and at the other end the biggest, baddest, state of the art jumbotron in all of college football. I kind of like that juxtaposition while it lasts.

You'll get use to it. I do think there is some humor in the fact that at one end of the stadium we will have a score board that resembles the one at my high school field back in the 1960s, at least for awhile. At the other end we will have the biggest, baddest, state of the art jumbotron in all of college football. I kind of like that juxtaposition while it lasts.

Oh I'll love it, but it is still ridiculous.

It's going to be AU.........some!

If you plan on having kids ask for tickets in the other end zone. I say we sit the turds underneath it for Iron Bowl. ;)

Archived