New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for today's pics RIR, it looks like they got a lot done. It will be interesting to see them put up the support structure over the coming weeks.

I was wondering why not use the one just removed in place of the scoreboard in the other end. I assume there is a reason for it. Just wondering out loud.

That was also answered in multiple articles. Like RIR said above the structural support isn't there for it, there's a significant remodel coming to that end soon, and the main reason is the board is WAY outdated and it makes no sense to put it up somewhere else when its obsolete and they can't get parts for it should it malfunction.

Should have put the old one up at Plainsman Park. SWEET VIEWS BRO

I was wondering why not use the one just removed in place of the scoreboard in the other end. I assume there is a reason for it. Just wondering out loud.

That was also answered in multiple articles. Like RIR said above the structural support isn't there for it, there's a significant remodel coming to that end soon, and the main reason is the board is WAY outdated and it makes no sense to put it up somewhere else when its obsolete and they can't get parts for it should it malfunction.

I knew it had been there a while but I was not aware they could not get parts for it. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere but I just missed it. That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Haven't been able to get the webcam working for 2 days now... bummed, wanted to see where we were.

It must be run by the same people that run our game clock.

LOL yeah it looks like. That issue is supposed to be addressed as well while they are doing this with the new video board.

I'm finding this a bit sad, like throwing away your old worn sofa that withstood kids and pets and the many events of your life and replacing it with a new one. I know it's a good thing , but .... Feeling nostalgic. Guess it's because my daughter got married yesterday and I want to hold on to my old memories.

I'm finding this a bit sad, like throwing away your old worn sofa that withstood kids and pets and the many events of your life and replacing it with a new one. I know it's a good thing , but .... Feeling nostalgic. Guess it's because my daughter got married yesterday and I want to hold on to my old memories.

You think we should move the old sofa out onto the front porch? ;) Congrats on your daughters marriage. Soon there maybe a 4th Generation.

You think we should move the old sofa out onto the front porch? ;) Congrats on your daughters marriage. Soon there maybe a 4th Generation.

If he were a bammer, it would be out in the front yard by the 66 impala up on blocks. ;D

You think we should move the old sofa out onto the front porch? ;)/> Congrats on your daughters marriage. Soon there maybe a 4th Generation.

If he were a bammer, it would be out in the front yard by the 66 impala up on blocks. ;D/>

Bwahahaha

I like the idea of another generation coming along, but the kid would be 5th generation, because my daughter is 4th! We believe in the Auburn Family! Seriously, though, we've just been through major change with Toomers corner, why not wait a bit on changing the stadium so drastically? This just seems like a bunch of guys wanting to show "my you know what is bigger than your you know what!"

I like the idea of another generation coming along, but the kid would be 5th generation, because my daughter is 4th! We believe in the Auburn Family! Seriously, though, we've just been through major change with Toomers corner, why not wait a bit on changing the stadium so drastically? This just seems like a bunch of guys wanting to show "my you know what is bigger than your you know what!"

100% agree.

However, the stadium upgrade was in the works long before Updyke went all botanist on the oaks. Timing is coincidental i believe

Not even remotely close. The old scoreboard was 10 years old or more. Parts for it are scarce or not available at all. It wasn't done to keep up with anybody. It was done because it was needed.

You also realize that we had terrible sound and clock issues that were embarrassing. This seems to be part of a long-term plan. Glad it's happening now though

Not even remotely close. The old scoreboard was 10 years old or more. Parts for it are scarce or not available at all. It wasn't done to keep up with anybody. It was done because it was needed.

Oh, WT, there had to be a little bit of the "let's make it the biggest in CF". Granted it needed to be upgraded, so I'm sure the mentality had to be, it needs to be upgraded b/c it is old and outdated, we are going to do this, since we are going to do, why not put AU on the map, at least for a little while and make it the biggest in CF!!

Archived