New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line array audio system is hopefully equally as impressive as the video.

http://www.daktronic...e-Football.aspx

https://www.facebook...54989433&type=3

Thanks for providing that information. That is going to be one impressive state of the art audio system and video control system described in your 1st link. Just thought I would paste those pics in the 2nd link. Thanks again and good first post. War Eagle

Auburn University Audio System by Daktronics

11014845_10153540508219434_1604654971113178431_n.jpg?oh=3171736af780df2269a56d7b56f275e2&oe=5621C3CD

11012639_10153540508264434_6495345633909158088_n.jpg?oh=73467fae7f81020eaec7f66cab251c83&oe=562653B7

11377334_10153540508259434_3989047883667767453_n.jpg?oh=b26dbafcdca10bff83f4042d323694f1&oe=56353AE5

11008460_10153540508549434_1880671177781812620_n.jpg?oh=3907e9bd6c3a32bc64a57828ff298dad&oe=561673B1

11709423_10153540508684434_6034524201497512634_n.jpg?oh=c2e166cdd245b997c25103a7bd79ad6c&oe=562E4FCD

If we go with 'Aubietron' for the video board, I think it would be appropriate to dub the sound system the Boombox.

Line array audio system is hopefully equally as impressive as the video.

http://www.daktronic...e-Football.aspx

https://www.facebook...54989433&type=3

What video?

The video that will be displayed on the new board once it's completed. (No video of the speaker array/board at the links, just pics.)

10,800 square feet. That is a quarter of an acre, as big as a small suburban home lot.

Also looking forward to the new sound system.

The massive new display will measure approximately 57 feet high by 190 feet wide and be comprised of more than 8.7 million LEDs – an increase from the existing 30-foot high by 74-foot wide display. This new display will have all the features of today's cutting-edge technology including variable content zoning to allow for one large image to be shown on the entire display or for multiple different zones of the display to show any combination of live video, instant replays, scoring and statistics, graphics and animations, and sponsors messaging.

The larger the video display, the more real-estate available for teams and operators to mix content to meet the needs of their fans and sponsors while providing an overall entertainment destination unique to each event. This is why Daktronics will include its powerful Show Control system with this installation. This industry-leading system provides a combination of display control software, world-class video processing, data integration and playback hardware that forms a user-friendly production solution. For more information on Show Control, visit www.daktronics.com/show.

"It's exciting to continue our long-standing relationship with Auburn University by providing them with this awe-inspiring new video display," said Daktronics CEO Reece Kurtenbach. "The capabilities provided by a display of this size matched with Daktronics' control system allows the university to really get creative when planning their game-day entertainment. We're looking forward to seeing the overall presentation when the new system is fired up for their first game."

Two new ribbon displays will also be installed along the seating fascia of the stadium, each measuring approximately 3.5 feet high by 435 feet wide and featuring a 15HD pixel layout. These displays work in conjunction with the main display to help brand the entire event and show additional statistics, graphics and sponsorship messages.

Integrated into the video and scoring system will be a new top-of-the-line, custom Daktronics audio system. The system will measure 33 feet high by 70 feet wide – larger than the previous video display – to provide full-range sound reproduction and clear, intelligible speech creating a powerful audio experience for Auburn fans.

Daktronics engineered the audio solution using JBL and Danley Sound Labs products in a centralized scoreboard cluster of full range line arrays and low frequency subwoofers to fit the specific acoustical and structural properties of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Accompanying delay speakers will provide sound to shaded areas along the sidelines. The system comes with a touchscreen control solution and custom presets are available to configure this system for different sections to be turned on or off to meet the needs of each event.

http://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Auburn-University-Selects-Daktronics-Largest-Display-College-Football.aspx

If I understand correctly, these line array speakers target specific areas using a computer ito adjust coverage, intensity, delay, etc.... So they will use a 3D model of the stadium to tune the system for even coverage ... sounds high tech. :big:

Looking at the live feed now, I don't think that speaker was installed. I think they were just moving it up there.

The speaker itself is larger than the old video board... wow.

Looking at the live feed now, I don't think that speaker was installed. I think they were just moving it up there.

The speaker itself is larger than the old video board... wow.

Yes, it appears down now ... maybe they were just testing for fit? Who knows ...

Well I have finally had the chance to see this thing in person and I can tell you that, although the pics in this thread are helpful, they just don't do it justice. The size of this thing when you stand beside it is hard to wrap your head around.

Well I have finally had the chance to see this thing in person and I can tell you that, although the pics in this thread are helpful, they just don't do it justice. The size of this thing when you stand beside it is hard to wrap your head around.

Even the pix are amazing....and will be nice to see that Radio Shack sound system gone. Thanks for posting the link to the supplier....looks like a good company and this thing is basically hand made for Jordan Hare.

Will the sound only come from the top of the new video board or will there be additional speakers around Jordan Hare ?

Just the one, but it will still sound great.

There were 40 guests reading this topic when I posted this. Seems like Aubietron/Boombox is garnering some interest.

Will the sound only come from the top of the new video board or will there be additional speakers around Jordan Hare ?

Just the one, but it will still sound great.

No, there's gonna be quite a few additional (much smaller) speakers, many of them on a delay line (to account for the speed of sound and the time it takes for sound from the main array to reach the same area so as not to start sounding like an echo or slap delay) covering areas that are "shadowed" or otherwise not well served by the direct sound. WIthout that, the audio system would truly be...not great.

Weird question...

Does a video this massive emit radiation or electromagnetic fields that could be harmful to those sitting near it?

Is that a thing? lol

Archived