#9 AU Gymnastics falls to #6 Bama in Bham

SCTiger2011

Was tied at 148.00 going to the final rotation. AU had a gymnast balance check and a gymnast fall on beam and loses 197.200-197.025. The score is the highest away total and the highest against Bama in program history. Still, despite that good news, everything was falling into place today to end the streak. Just couldn't finish...War Eagle anyway.

Wonder if this embarrassing streak will ever end?

I was sure this would be the year it would end. I don't even know what it's at now. Over 110 I think. Complete domination. That said though, this team keeps raising the bar for AU gymnastics and has made the university proud.

Although it eats me up, I wouldn't call it embarrassing to lose to one of the best Gymnastics programs in the country for the last 30 years. Our Gymnastics team has made great strides in becoming a top program. We aren't quite to the top yet but we are getting there. These girls deserve our appreciation, respect and encouragement. Keep working hard ladies. Let's make a run in the SEC Tourney and the Auburn Regional. WAR EAGLE LADIES!!

I would love to beat them in the ncaa tourney. That would make it worth it.

I don't follow gymnastics and don't know anything about it except that losing by a full point is a total blowout. Anyway, how in the devil have we had over 100 matches with them, or any team for that matter? How many times a year do they meet each other?

If AU had a gymnastics team when I was a student I don't remember it. But back in those ancient days Shug was the football coach so my memory may be failing.

Archived