2016 4* QB Woody Barrett (AU commit 6/3/15)

RunInRed

Still needs some work on the SAT's info from Orlando Sentinel

Barrett continues to strive for the score he needs on the SAT to gain admission to Auburn. He made his third attempt last week and still awaits the results. Barrett and the rest of his West Orange teammates will sign their National Letters of Intent on Wednesday. He has every intention of enrolling at Auburn this summer. Auburn coaches expect it.

“Coach Malzahn said juco is not an option for Woody,” West Orange coach Bob Head said. “His core GPA is over a 3.0, so now it’s just a matter of him meeting the mark on the [NCAA] sliding scale. He’s working really hard, doing a good job and just hoping this test gives him enough to where we can combine scores in certain areas from previous tests so he can be qualified.

“But I think Woody will be fine. I really do. I feel for him because he’s a really smart kid, but now his back is against the wall to get into college.”

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrett continues to strive for the score he needs on the SAT to gain admission to Auburn. He made his third attempt last week and still awaits the results. Barrett and the rest of his West Orange teammates will sign their National Letters of Intent on Wednesday. He has every intention of enrolling at Auburn this summer. Auburn coaches expect it.

“Coach Malzahn said juco is not an option for Woody,” West Orange coach Bob Head said. “His core GPA is over a 3.0, so now it’s just a matter of him meeting the mark on the [NCAA] sliding scale. He’s working really hard, doing a good job and just hoping this test gives him enough to where we can combine scores in certain areas from previous tests so he can be qualified.

“But I think Woody will be fine. I really do. I feel for him because he’s a really smart kid, but now his back is against the wall to get into college.”

Im guessing he is an academic redshirt also.

"Coach Malzahn said juco is not an option for Woody," West Orange coach Bob Head said. "His core GPA is over a 3.0, so now it's just a matter of him meeting the mark on the [NCAA] sliding scale. He's working really hard, doing a good job and just hoping this test gives him enough to where we can combine scores in certain areas from previous tests so he can be qualified.

"But I think Woody will be fine. I really do. I feel for him because he's a really smart kid, but now his back is against the wall to get into college."

Im guessing he is an academic redshirt also.

He will make it.

It's not like this is his last shot. The test is given again in May. That would (I think) impact his ability to enroll this summer, but it wouldn't cost him a year. He'll make it.

I'm guessing he is an academic redshirt also.

I don't think so. Haven't heard anything like that w/ him. Likely has the grades of 2.3 or above, just needs the score.

I'm guessing he is an academic redshirt also.

I don't think so. Haven't heard anything like that w/ him. Likely has the grades of 2.3 or above, just needs the score.

yep

• 4 months later...

Great news...but #UA? I'm hoping that's Under Armour (but why would you tweet under armour?). Pretty strange to put that before the #AU. Anyone?

The picture is from the Under Armour game. That's why he put #UA

Great news...but #UA? I'm hoping that's Under Armour (but why would you tweet under armour?). Pretty strange to put that before the #AU. Anyone?

The picture is from the Under Armour game. That's why he put #UA

Ok good deal. Under Armour was all I could come up with so that makes good sense now. Thanks!

I see his trweet where he says he is coming does that mean he has been cleared to try and earn a job as a freshman or does that mean he will be a redshirt while he fixes academic side of the house?

I see his trweet where he says he is coming does that mean he has been cleared to try and earn a job as a freshman or does that mean he will be a redshirt while he fixes academic side of the house?

Those types of things are rarely ironed out before a kid arrives but you gotta think AU hopes to RS him given how raw he is.

He wouldn't redshirt because of academics. He'll probably redshirt because he's a very, very raw talent.

Archived