2016 4* QB Woody Barrett (AU commit 6/3/15)

RunInRed

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@WestOrangeFB: Press Conference for Woody Barrett college decision will be pushed back to 2pm due to early dismissal of students. 2pm in cafetaria.

Which way is the wind blowing.

AU

I'm no QB scout and I may be in the minority here but based on the highlight film, I prefer Barrett over Pass by quite a bit. He has a nice quick release, good arm, nice crispness on his throws, and seems to lead his receivers really well. It's always hard to tell from high school film but his vision and pocket presence appear to be above average as well at this point in his career. Add on to all that a decent read option game and I really think he is an underrated prospect.

I see more athleticism and maybe more potential with Pass but he is so raw that it's risky to go all-in on him.

I'm no QB scout and I may be in the minority here but based on the highlight film, I prefer Barrett over Pass by quite a bit. He has a nice quick release, good arm, nice crispness on his throws, and seems to lead his receivers really well. It's always hard to tell from high school film but his vision and pocket presence appear to be above average as well at this point in his career. Add on to all that a decent read option game and I really think he is an underrated prospect.

I see more athleticism and maybe more potential with Pass but he is so raw that it's risky to go all-in on him.

Agree that Woody is further along and more polished now, but ceiling for Pass a little higher.

I don't particularly love either one. If had to choose, I would choose Pass just because I know he would be on the bench for a while and he has more potential.

I agree. Woody looks like he could play if needed as a freshman, at least as a backup. Pass looks a couple years away from being ready to contribute, maybe has the higher upside and could be worth the wait, but I see some things that need working on with his throwing technique before he is going to see the field against an SEC defense.

I doubt Auburn gets both, but it will be very interesting to see how they develop over time.

Nice!! Seeing what Gus did with the very raw QB skills of NM makes me think Woody can be a very effective QB for AU!

Edit 1:44PM EST: Wait, so did he actually announce AU?

Edit 1:44PM EST: Wait, so did he actually announce AU?

Whomever posted that deserves to be fired with regards to the news station. SMH!

Just saw the announcement got pushed to 2PM EST/1PM CT. 9 more minutes, we'll see who he goes with.

Just saw the announcement got pushed to 2PM EST/1PM CT. 9 more minutes, we'll see who he goes with.

AU lock.

Awesome, this guy will be special! Welcome aboard!

Nah...no big deal...bama really had no interest in him....and their fans will keep saying they had no interest in him.....while they try their level best to find a way to "flip" him. ....

Archived