Recruiting Junkies...Antone Smith?

DKW 86

I keep getting notes and hints saying we are getting closer and closer to signing him. Rumors are he is not that impressed with Miami now. (Maybe too many good backs down there.) Could we really get Smith?

AU is in the thick of it for sure with Antone. He really really liked his visit. I think it was a change of pace type visit for him which is good. Places like AU and UA are more about team/family instead of showy flashy recruiting trips. Suprisingly, it still has a positive effect on recruits.

I think its 50/50 for AU and Antone right now.

Miami continues to recruit Smith, but they haven't lived up to expectations. FSU is recruiting Smith h-a-r-d ....... trying to fill the perceived "void" by Miami. Bowden feels Eric Moore can be a favorable conduit.

JMO, but I think the hype is starting to get alot of big name schools interested in Mr. Smith.

Add in with that thought that both Carnell & Ronnie are graduating and both are projected 1st round draft choices and AU used both very well last year. AU would be an attractive choice for any top running back. CTT could even point out that Antone is the only running back that AU is recruiting this year.

Add in with that thought that both Carnell & Ronnie are graduating and both are projected 1st round draft choices and AU used both very well last year.  AU would be an attractive choice for any top running back.  CTT could even point out that Antone is the only running back that AU is recruiting this year.

133741[/snapback]

I suspect he's approaching Smith the same way he did Carnell.

Add in with that thought that both Carnell & Ronnie are graduating and both are projected 1st round draft choices and AU used both very well last year.  AU would be an attractive choice for any top running back.  CTT could even point out that Antone is the only running back that AU is recruiting this year.

133741[/snapback]

yea, but Miami has had its share of pretty damn good running backs in the last couple of years.

mcgahee, portis, james...i mean, these guys are doin alright in the nfl

We are all well aware of the RB's currently at AU.

Here is a list of RB's currently on the Miami roster. With the starter Gore returning, and the starters at AU graduating, it would appear that there is more of an opening at AU. But only Antone can determine what is best for him.

Frank Gore, JR.

Charlie Jones FR.

Tyrone Moss SO.

Derron Thomas FR.

Andrew Johnson FR.

Bobby Washington FR.

We are all well aware of the RB's currently at AU. 

Here is a list of RB's currently on the Miami roster.  With the starter Gore returning, and the starters at AU graduating, it would appear that there is more of an opening at AU.  But only Antone can determine what is best for him.

Frank Gore, JR.

Charlie Jones FR.

Tyrone Moss SO.

Derron Thomas FR.

Andrew Johnson FR.

Bobby Washington FR.

133754[/snapback]

On ITAT from a Miami fan...

Just my .02cents I think we get him. Gore I think will leave for the draft. The kid had a decent yr and could still go in on the first day. His mom is sick and I think he goes for the sure money (hope he does for his sake). I'm not that big on Moss and one of our recruits from last yr Andrew Johnson just got hurt. Rumor is a torn ACL. We lost Bobby Washington to NC St after he had some prob w/ admissions. Really we only have Charlie Jones in the backfield. Never really know where these kids are going to go but I'm seeing green and orange through my glasses Good luck in the bowl game and congrats on a great season!

He made no comments about Derron Thomas.

Archived