2019 4* Grad Transfer OG/C Parker Braun Commits to Texas

RunInRed

Update 2/19/19: Could visit AU this weekend per latest article headline on his 247 profile

Parker Braun, OG/OT

Kissimmee, FL (Osceola)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 275

- Picked up AU offer 2/10/15

- His brother Trey Braun (6'5, 295) is starting LG at Georgia Tech

247Sports: 3* (No. 21 OG)

ESPN: 4* (Rivals300 - No. 114, No. 5 OG)

Rivals: 3*

Scout: NR

Offers: Army, Auburn, Central Michigan, Duke, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Georgia, Liberty, Miami (Fl.), Missouri, Navy, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Western Michigan, among others.

Hudl Highlights

• 5 months later...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
  • ellitor changed the title to Former 3* OL GT Parker Braun (Update 2/19/19)
  • ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* Grad Transfer OG/C Parker Braun (Update 2/19/19)
8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Although I'm guessing an all-conference guy and freshman all-American isn't going to be sitting out a year.

Your guess is correct & yes 2 to play 1. He would be an immediate upgrade at RG (or C giving Brahms & the other young Cs another year to develop.)

Just now, AUTigerTime said:

My guess is he would start at guard and Horton/Harrell would be tested out at center since that's a somewhat weak spot?

Or Braun could be the Center.

Well, the last guy that was originally affiliated to GT turned out pretty decent in Alex Kozan so let's get him!

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or Braun could be the Center.

Would probably be ideal, but he just made the All-ACC team at Guard. So making a position change might be a tough sell to him unless he's just looking to try something else. He'll likely have several top offers to start as on OG at major programs which would be a more comfortable/smoother transition for him.

Any chance he might redshirt to have an experienced guy back in 2020, since everybody who started on O-line in the bowl game will be seniors this season? That group seemed to get better as the year went on, though it wasn't as readily noticeable because we closed out with UGA and Bama, and continuity is a big deal on the offensive front.

For that matter, is he even a graduate? He'd have to sit out a year if not, so that would answer the question right there.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well, the last guy that was originally affiliated to GT turned out pretty decent in Alex Kozan so let's get him!

When was Kozan The Barbarian affiliated with GT?

7 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

So making a position change might be a tough sell to him unless he's just looking to try something else

Not much difference in an OG or C besides the C making line calls & adjustments. Since he got a degree from GT we know he'll have the smarts to play C.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not much difference in an OG or C besides the C making line calls & adjustments. Since he got a degree from GT we know he'll have the smarts to play C.

He got his degree from Tech in 3 years? Dang, yeah, he definitely has it upstairs. Not sure how that translates to football IQ though.

Man, we need a kid like this. Like, he's exactly what we need on the interior. 

Edit: I'm basing this off his Hudl highlights. I don't care what size he is. I don't care how man *s he had as a recruit. I don't care what kinds of awards he won at Tech. Okay, that's a lie. But watch the kid finish blocks. Watch the effort. Watch him play through the whistle. This guy could change the identity of our OL. 

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Any chance he might redshirt to have an experienced guy back in 2020, since everybody who started on O-line in the bowl game will be seniors this season? That group seemed to get better as the year went on, though it wasn't as readily noticeable because we closed out with UGA and Bama, and continuity is a big deal on the offensive front.

Covered last week. No Grad Transfer will willingly sit a year to stay another year to play barring some kind of injury forcing a medical redshirt. Besides Gus may not be able to afford him sitting out a year.. If we take PB it's to be an upgrade to Horton, Kim, or Brahms now. Regardless of players returning getting quality play from RG or C is still a big question mark.

Just now, ellitor said:

If we take PB it's to be an upgrade to Horton, Kim, or Brahms now. Regardless of players returning getting quality play from RG or C is still a big question mark.

Agree completely. It's not even close. Can he play guard AND center? Give him all the jobs. 

He got his degree from Tech in 3 years?

With athletes not getting Summers off anymore it's not as hard to get a degree in 3 years, especially in cases where kids start college what would have been the last semesters of their SR high school years.

Just now, ellitor said:

With athletes not getting Summers off anymore it's not as hard to get a degree in 3 years, especially in cases where kids start college what would have been the last semesters of their SR high school years.

Fair enough, but it's still impressive no matter how you slice it.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Hell, getting a Tech degree in 6 years would be impressive.

I know lots of Tech grads and not a single one of them has ever said it was anything less than abject brutality. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hell, getting a Tech degree in 6 years would be impressive.

I know lots of Tech grads and not a single one of them has ever said it was anything less than abject brutality. 

GT is the only school in the south whose engineering program I rate ahead of Auburn's. My father is a retired civil engineer who graduated from Auburn in '72, and he's always spoken glowingly about the proficiency of engineers from Tech that he's worked with.

Just now, homersapien said:

So, maybe this is a dumb question, but why is he transferring?

Just a guess, but probably to get more of a spotlight in his senior year, since he doesn't have to sit out a season after having graduated.

Because it's GT yes.

Overall the standard load is 5 full classes 2 semesters each for 4 years. Kids who enroll the January before their 1st football season can take 4 classes a semester, all 3 semesters each year & graduate the Spring semester right after their JR football season. A kid enrolling early taking 5 classes in the Fall & Spring & 4 in each Summer can graduate a semster earlier than that.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, maybe this is a dumb question, but why is he transferring?

Haven't seen a story why but there is a new staff there so maybe he wants to go somewhere else

Archived