2019 4* Grad Transfer OG/C Parker Braun Commits to Texas

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen a story why but there is a new staff there so maybe he wants to go somewhere else

Is the new staff still running the option? If not, that might make sense as to why he wants to come to Auburn, since we essentially run the Wing T out of a shotgun formation.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

When was Kozan The Barbarian affiliated with GT?

Kozan was originally committed to GT before decommitting and committing to Auburn

All this glowing teck talk is physically making me ill............................all that said I would take him in a heart beat........neers from tech no better then Auburn....I have no frickin bias toward them. Take my word

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so.

Which would further lead into my point about Auburn being a better fit for him. I REALLY hope we get this kid now.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

All this glowing teck talk is physically making me ill............................all that said I would take him in a heart beat........neers from tech no better then Auburn....I have no frickin bias toward them. Take my word

Oh, I don't know that they're any better, but the reputation of the school is better. That was more my point. You make it through the engineering program at Auburn and you're ready for most anything that field can throw at you. I have several friends who are still in school at Ginn, and much as my work load in COSAM was rigorous, I don't envy them AT ALL.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Kozan was originally committed to GT before decommitting and committing to Auburn

Kozan was committed to Iowa at one time,not GT. He signed with AU 3 weeks after his class's NSD. Your thinking of someone else although I'm not sure who.

Man, I hate that we're playing the grad transfer game every year, but......if we're going to play it we ought to play it well. And, this dude looks like exactly what our line was missing last year and needs for the coming year (even though our depth is good, lol). Hope like hell we somehow land this guy.

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Oh, I don't know that they're any better, but the reputation of the school is better. That was more my point. You make it through the engineering program at Auburn and you're ready for most anything that field can throw at you. I have several friends who are still in school at Ginn, and much as my work load in COSAM was rigorous, I don't envy them AT ALL.

You really don't remember my true hatred for anything tech do you........

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
7 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

GT does have better strip clubs fairly close to campus than AU but other than that.....

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kozan was committed to Iowa at one time,not GT. He signed with AU 3 weeks after his class's NSD. Your thinking of someone else although I'm not sure who.

Now this is going to bug me...  I know it was around the time of Kozan signing.  

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I do, but admittedly it had slipped my mind. My dad has the same feelings, but they haven't been a rival in the time that I can remember watching football. Dad has also spoken well for the Miss State engineers he's worked with, but then, I do think he worked with some of the better engineers from any school, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Having lived in Georgia for a few years, I got along with the Tech fans pretty well, because we were in full agreement that UGAy fans are basically Bama fans without the mythical national championships to back it up. Had one Georgia fan trying to subvert Auburn's success in 2010, asking me how I thought Auburn would look without Cam. Without missing a beat, I asked him how Georgia would have done in 1980 without Herschel. His friend at the bar (unknown college affiliation) was laughing for a solid 5 minutes at the fury radiating from dude's head, but he was wise enough not to say anything to me after that.

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

GT does have better strip clubs fairly close to campus than AU but other than that.....

Being situated in the largest city in the southeast (not including Miami, which I don't really consider the southeast) as opposed to the loveliest village will do that for ya. Does Auburn even have a strip club? I never went looking for one, but have never come across one, either.

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

I wouldn't know anything about that since I've only lived in Atl three separate times:cool:

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Being situated in the largest city in the southeast (not including Miami, which I don't really consider the southeast) as opposed to the loveliest village will do that for ya. Does Auburn even have a strip club? I never went looking for one, but have never come across one, either.

Trust me there are places in Auburn to find where striping goes on. Back in the day my frat had them 4 or 5 times a year. Of course Shug would not come by those specific nights

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Trust me there are places in Auburn to find where striping goes on. Back in the day my frat had them 4 or 5 times a year. Of course Shug would not come by those specific nights

Oh, I know it goes on (I was a guest at a guy's birthday party that had a few strippers once...they were all fellow students, but given the quality of coed appearance in Auburn, that's a step up), I just don't know of anyplace actually dedicated to it.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Now this is going to bug me...  I know it was around the time of Kozan signing.  

In 2012, Auburn had an offensive lineman, Thomas O'Reilly, who transferred to Georgia Tech

Id hate to get hyped over this, this early, but the fact that he played in that system and has the training that would come there, he'd almost have to succeed run blocking wise if we do choose to go back to a more mobile look w the offense

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Id hate to get hyped over this, this early, but the fact that he played in that system and has the training that would come there, he'd almost have to succeed run blocking wise if we do choose to go back to a more mobile look w the offense

The mobile look part won't matter. As Red pointed out earlier, with our essentially being a wing T style the blocking schemes would be very familiar to PB.

after all the doom and gloom around Auburn recruiting of linemen I'm thrilled to see the staff make addressing this area a priority and seemingly a reality.  Good job. The work of coach dilly I imagine?

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The mobile look part won't matter. As Red pointed out earlier, with our essentially being a wing T style the blocking schemes would be very familiar to PB.

And we are in desperate need of a guard that can pull, or he can play C as you stated. I’m happy with either

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Neither of those cities are the largest cities in the southeast. Most mainstream? Yeah but not biggest 

44 minutes ago, shabby said:

after all the doom and gloom around Auburn recruiting of linemen I'm thrilled to see the staff make addressing this area a priority and seemingly a reality.  Good job. The work of coach dilly I imagine?

Won't matter if we don't get him. Looks like we are working from behind at least 3 other teams right now.

Archived