Charleston police officer shoots man in back

cooltigger21

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guarantee somebody will raise money for him

I posted this earlier. Get a load of the people they're tweeting. Haven't seen any of them take the bait.

link

GoFundMe rejected our campaign to support Offc Mike Slager https://t.co/HXR785D6Tl is the new site.

-MichaelSlagerDefense (@DefendMichaelS) April 8, 2015

GoFundMe is smart enough to avoid this like the plague.

Ending racism is doomed. Too many people want it to exist for various reasons. I have a dream....but it is dead.

He initially pulled the guy over for a broken tail light....This is scary man

Not to defend the cop cause I think he straight up murdered the guy in this case by gunning him down like that, but that is how they catch people with warrants. Many individuals are caught in routine traffic stops.

I've been pulled over by Auburn PD during semester breaks and holidays just cause of the time of night. They used the tag light out bit on me, but it really wasn't cause I checked. Auburn gets hit by burglary crews at this time period (I was victim to it myself once). Course during this period they were honest and said we are stopping people looking for these crews and took 5 minutes of my time and didn't ticket me for anything.

I'm white with an alumni sticker in my back window.

The guy ran cause he knew or believed he had a court warrant. Didn't deserve what happened to him. But he was still in the wrong also. These two wrongs are going to end up with one dead and another in jail for life and good chance someone in prison will get him.

That's your opinion why he ran. I don't share that opinion.

Actually it is the opinion of the man's own brother.

Scott's brother, Anthony Scott, said his brother had trouble with child support and had an outstanding warrant against him, but that his sibling wasn't prone to violence.

"That very well could have been the reason (for running from police), not to be arrested for the warrant that was on him for child support," Anthony Scott said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-cop-shoots-black-man-timeline/

That very well could have been??? I say that myself but I don't think it is....That's not an opinion that's a possibility. Just like if this wasn't on camera you would say you don't know what happened, you don't know why the guy was running.

This is beyond enraging. It is sad on several levels.

My first reaction is, What was this guy doing in a police uniform?

I am happy that the force took immediate action with this perp.

The best that can happen to him is to plea out quickly.

But they didn't. Without the video, we would have had a narrative we're all familiar with, and he very likely would have gotten away with it.

But they didn't. Without the video, we would have had a narrative we're all familiar with, and he very likely would have gotten away with it.

He shot him in the back Ben, 8 times. There is no way you can come up with a plausible explanation for that. Nobody can whitewash that. No district attorney's office can overlook that even without the video.

He shot him in the back Ben, 8 times. There is no way you can come up with a plausible explanation for that. Nobody can whitewash that. No district attorney's office can overlook that even without the video.

He hit him 5 times, if I'm not mistaken, but that could easily be counterbalanced because he's a former military service member who came back to serve the community as a police officer and just wanted to go home safe to his pregnant wife. It's a powerful narrative that a lot of people are inclined to believe on faith alone.

A narrative we're all familiar with ? Like Ferguson ? Where witnesses LIED ? And forensics revealed the TRUTH ??

A narrative we're all familiar with ? Like Ferguson ? Where witnesses LIED ? And forensics revealed the TRUTH ??

You're aware that this has happened in places other than Ferguson, no?

None as near as high profile. And the point being made, which is w/ out very much merit at all, is that ONLY by a video did we know the truth.

I think it's very likely we'd know , in time, that this attempted cover up was in fact a cold blooded murder.

None as near as high profile. And the point being made, which is w/ out very much merit at all, is that ONLY by a video did we know the truth.

I think it's very likely we'd know , in time, that this attempted cover up was in fact a cold blooded murder.

The are things like autopsies and all the other forensic science. This would not be done by the local police but by the state police. The FBI would probably be called in because of the race aspect. Some people might believe this guys explanation but there are people that still believe Charles Manson was justified. You'll always find a few nuts that will believe these things are justified. but the truth would be known.

He initially pulled the guy over for a broken tail light....This is scary man

Not to defend the cop cause I think he straight up murdered the guy in this case by gunning him down like that, but that is how they catch people with warrants. Many individuals are caught in routine traffic stops.

I've been pulled over by Auburn PD during semester breaks and holidays just cause of the time of night. They used the tag light out bit on me, but it really wasn't cause I checked. Auburn gets hit by burglary crews at this time period (I was victim to it myself once). Course during this period they were honest and said we are stopping people looking for these crews and took 5 minutes of my time and didn't ticket me for anything.

I'm white with an alumni sticker in my back window.

The guy ran cause he knew or believed he had a court warrant. Didn't deserve what happened to him. But he was still in the wrong also. These two wrongs are going to end up with one dead and another in jail for life and good chance someone in prison will get him.

That's your opinion why he ran. I don't share that opinion.

NBC reports 50-year-old Scott had four children and “was remembered as kind, outgoing, and passionate about sports and music by [his] friends and family.” Scott’s parents believe he ran away from Slager because he owed back payments for child support. Scott’s dad explained:

“I believe he didn’t want to go to jail again. He just ran away,”

Not to speak ill of the departed, but why does it seem that every guy who had trouble w/ the law, multiple arrests , etc.. is described as ' fun loving, kind, outgoing , etc... " . I mean, if these guys were 1/2 the fine , upstanding citizens as we're told they were, they'd never BE in any such trouble that would force them to run from the cops in the first place.

There are people already trying to raise money for him.

I can't imagine them raising much. Based on what I've seen, no way I'd contribute.

There are people already trying to raise money for him.

I can't imagine them raising much. Based on what I've seen, no way I'd contribute.

His own dept / union won't even offer any legal help. That's how bad this guy's position is looking.

I don't know Ben. How can shooting a man in the back be justified? Even if he had your taser?

Now, he may not be fired or in jail. I just have to believe that forensics alone would convict him in the end. Of course I could be wrong. Certainly hope not.

Cop's dash cam video.

Everything looked normal and unremarkable, until Scott decided to take off and run.

Last thing I heard, Officer Slager shouts ' Taser, Taser, Taser ! ', which is SOP for when an officer deploys use of his taser.

Does anyone not see the tragic irony of a black man running from a Mercedes ? Not justifying the cold blooded murder by the cop, but didn't the car belong to the man ?

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to The Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott’s brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott had fled from the police on Saturday because he owed child support.

How many here have been arrested double digit times ?

How is that relevant?

Raptors already working overtime to diminish this crime. He can't help himself.

Does anyone not see the tragic irony of a black man running from a Mercedes ? Not justifying the cold blooded murder by the cop, but didn't the car belong to the man ?

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to The Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott's brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott had fled from the police on Saturday because he owed child support.

How is that relevant?

it's not except that a poster stated this man was killed over a broken tail light. you spread this rhetoric and you influence young black men to fear cops and believe they may be killed for no reason. instead show them the dash cam and tell them to comply and there will be no problem(with very very few exceptions). it is that simple and i do support the firing and murder charges for this cop but the victim did cause the situation to go bad.

Raptors already working overtime to diminish this crime. He can't help himself.

Just don't see why there's any need for yet another race riot and more division in this country.

Unlike you, apparently.

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to The Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott's brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott had fled from the police on Saturday because he owed child support.

How is that relevant?

it's not except that a poster stated this man was killed over a broken tail light. you spread this rhetoric and you influence young black men to fear cops and believe they may be killed for no reason. instead show them the dash cam and tell them to comply and there will be no problem(with very very few exceptions). it is that simple and i do support the firing and murder charges for this cop but the victim did cause the situation to go bad.

Exactly. Two wrongs that just screwed two lives.

Hopefully the continuation of support for body camera will continue. It appears to be having a impact in San Diego

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/03/25/police-body-camera-experiment-in-san-diego-produces-promising-results/

That very well could have been??? I say that myself but I don't think it is....That's not an opinion that's a possibility. Just like if this wasn't on camera you would say you don't know what happened, you don't know why the guy was running.

Well I got the video now. I'm sticking with he didn't want to arrested for prior warrant. Let's hear why you think he just got out of the car and ran.

http://time.com/3816390/south-carolina-north-charleston-dash-cam-video-walter-scott/

That's not as likely as you think, seeing as NCPD was already in the process of running with Slager's narrative- before learning of the existence of the cellphone video. Thankfully, he also had the smarts to know to go to the local newspaper first, rather than the cops.

That intrepid young man who filmed it should have a bust at town square. Every family that has to speak to a loved one with six feet of dirt between them due to state sanctioned murder should be so lucky as to have someone helping to get justice against all odds.

Archived