Charleston police officer shoots man in back

cooltigger21

Does anyone not see the tragic irony of a black man running from a Mercedes ? Not justifying the cold blooded murder by the cop, but didn't the car belong to the man ?

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to The Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott's brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott had fled from the police on Saturday because he owed child support.

How many here have been arrested double digit times ?

How is that relevant?

it's not except that a poster stated this man was killed over a broken tail light. you spread this rhetoric and you influence young black men to fear cops and believe they may be killed for no reason. instead show them the dash cam and tell them to comply and there will be no problem(with very very few exceptions). it is that simple and i do support the firing and murder charges for this cop but the victim did cause the situation to go bad.

Given what went "bad " in this case, that's ridiculous. Had he just been tased we would have never known about it. What went "bad" was that he was shot down in cold blood. His actions did not reasonably lead to his death.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raptors already working overtime to diminish this crime. He can't help himself.

Just don't see why there's any need for yet another race riot and more division in this country.

Unlike you, apparently.

Another nonsequitur.

Does anyone not see the tragic irony of a black man running from a Mercedes ? Not justifying the cold blooded murder by the cop, but didn't the car belong to the man ?

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to The Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott's brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott had fled from the police on Saturday because he owed child support.

How is that relevant?

it's not except that a poster stated this man was killed over a broken tail light. you spread this rhetoric and you influence young black men to fear cops and believe they may be killed for no reason. instead show them the dash cam and tell them to comply and there will be no problem(with very very few exceptions). it is that simple and i do support the firing and murder charges for this cop but the victim did cause the situation to go bad.

Given what went "bad " in this case, that's ridiculous. Had he just been tased we would have never known about it. What went "bad" was that he was shot down in cold blood. His actions did not reasonably lead to his death.

if he had kept his ass in his seat like he was told, he would have gotten a ticket/warning about taillight at best or arrested for failure to pay child support at worst. His action absolutely led to his death. it was wrong to shoot him, but he set it in motion. why is that so hard to admit?

How is that relevant?

if he had kept his ass in his seat like he was told, he would have gotten a ticket/warning about taillight at best or arrested for failure to pay child support at worst. His action absolutely led to his death. it was wrong to shoot him, but he set it in motion. why is that so hard to admit?

There is nothing in his actions that rationally led to his death. Nothing. It would have been reasonable for him to be tased. Being shot in the back multiple times for merely running was a cold blooded murder. No victim is responsible for being murdered in cold blood. Nothing he did logically set being shot in the back in motion. That's like claiming any relatively minor misstep sets an extreme act of violence against you in motion. That type of thinking is extremely disturbed. He set in motion the reasonable possibility of being tased and being jailed for resisting arrest. He was shot because he was dealing with a murderous cop. Why is that so hard to grasp?

How is that relevant?

Put yourself in the ocp's shoes. Why on Earth would a guy run from the cops for being pulled over for just a broken tail light ? I've been pulled over a few times, and never once considered running away, leaving MY car behind. Like what the hell good is that gonna do me ?

Raptors already working overtime to diminish this crime. He can't help himself.

Just don't see why there's any need for yet another race riot and more division in this country.

Unlike you, apparently.

Another nonsequitur.

Well, I wasn't working in any way what so ever to diminish this crime, so the non sequitur is yours to own.

Reminds me of the she shouldn't wore that dress she wouldn't have gotten raped

Yep. Only nothing like that at all, what so ever.

Really cole? You aren't doing yourself any favors with these asinine statements. Nobody is ever going to convince you this guy didn't set out to do this from the beginning.

Would you shoot your son or daughter in the back if they were running from you? What if that cop had just pulled his father over and he ran.

Would you shoot your son or daughter in the back if they were running from you? What if that cop had just pulled his father over and he ran.

How is that relevant ?

How is that relevant ?

When you think of the people you are protecting as animals, you will gun them down as such. When you think of them as family members, you will act a little differently.

How is that relevant ?

When you think of the people you are protecting as animals, you will gun them down as such. When you think of them as family members, you will act a little differently.

Law of the instrument?

worst analogy attempt i have ever seen.

Really cole? You aren't doing yourself any favors with these asinine statements. Nobody is ever going to convince you this guy didn't set out to do this from the beginning.

Lol you being the one to say that is pretty damn funny

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

I see your point. Perhaps 'friend / neighbor ' would do instead of family member. Lotta heated family discussions end badly when there's a gun around. Especially after bama has lost an Iron Bowl.

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

Think the cop would have shot the man had he just stayed in his car ?

Yes or No.

Think the cop would have shot the man had he just stayed in his car ?

Yes or No.

my point exactly.

Wow, I am truly embarrassed by some of the comments here. This is like the Eric Garner case, he wasn't an angel, so I guess he deserved to die. SMH.

Talk about an embarrassing comment. That was ignorant if not stupid. Saddens me frankly, especially from you.

Wow, I am truly embarrassed by some of the comments here. This is like the Eric Garner case, he wasn't an angel, so I guess he deserved to die. SMH.

I missed where anyone said the shooting was deserved .

Can't anybody on the left do anything besides make asinine statements like that. Nobody said he deserved to die. The officer was fired, as he should have been. He was charged with murder, as he should have been. I'll leave it in the hands of the prosecutor to present the evidence and the jury to make a judgement based on that evidence.

Smh. You guys are so stuck on the right left stuff....that argument is the only thing that matters to some of you....it's sad, then you want to say talking about race causes a division in society

The dash cam vid shows no premeditation by Slager , but pointing that out clears him of any wrong doing, I guess.

Archived