Charleston police officer shoots man in back

cooltigger21

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

Think the cop would have shot the man had he just stayed in his car ?

Yes or No.

I don't see the point of the question because if he hadn't ever drove the car he wouldn't have been shot. If that officer hadn't ever decided to become a cop he wouldn't have been shot either.

And the quick way he did it, formulated the lie, calm matter of going about his business handcuffing the guy I don't know what he would have done. I'd show some emotion if I had shot a dog...

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is pretty damn valid because there was no issue with the stop till Scott got out .& ran.

Wow, I am truly embarrassed by some of the comments here. This is like the Eric Garner case, he wasn't an angel, so I guess he deserved to die. SMH.

Can't anybody on the left do anything besides make asinine statements like that. Nobody said he deserved to die. The officer was fired, as he should have been. He was charged with murder, as he should have been. I'll leave it in the hands of the prosecutor to present the evidence and the jury to make a judgement based on that evidence.

Sure, but then there's always the "but". "But he was running". "If only he had done ___, he wouldn't have gotten shot". If we all agree that this killing was needless why are there 17 pages in this thread...

Wow, I am truly embarrassed by some of the comments here. This is like the Eric Garner case, he wasn't an angel, so I guess he deserved to die. SMH.

Can't anybody on the left do anything besides make asinine statements like that. Nobody said he deserved to die. The officer was fired, as he should have been. He was charged with murder, as he should have been. I'll leave it in the hands of the prosecutor to present the evidence and the jury to make a judgement based on that evidence.

Sure, but then there's always the "but". "But he was running". "If only he had done ___, he wouldn't have gotten shot". If we all agree that this killing was needless why are there 17 pages in this thread...

Because of the way things have transpired over the last 6 years (in particular) you now have the two Americas pitted against one another. A lot of black Americans don't care that someone was a criminal or had done something wrong that led up to an incident like this. They don't think someone who committed a crime should be jailed (until the crime happens to them). Fact! I've lived it.

A lot of white Americans don't care that many black Americans, due to the higher % of crime within that demographic, get more scrutiny just driving through town in a car that some cop thinks they have because they stole it or have drugs in it. They are white, haven't had that happen to them, and think black Americans are just paranoid and should stop feeding the narrative.

On the sidelines you have the media and politicians...who gain when there's controversy or a split between Americans. It's easier to control a split citizenry than it is a unified citizenry.

Until Americans of all colors unite as one against the crime happening on both sides NOTHING will change. I am certain that it will only get worse until that happens.

Because pesky little facts are important to keep from making grand sweeping claims that cops just wanna shoot blacks for the hell of it.

If I have to stay in my car & listen to what a cop says , why the HELL can't anyone else ??

Because pesky little facts are important to keep from making grand sweeping claims that cops just wanna shoot blacks for the hell of it.

If I have to stay in my car & listen to what a cop says , why the HELL can't anyone else ??

He shouldn't have run. He should have been charged for that regardless. But he did not deserve to be shot.

He shouldn't have run. He should have been charged for that regardless. But he did not deserve to be shot.

I agree. The cop should have done what I used to do and run him down and tackle him to the ground. If he's not in shape to do that, get backup to head him off at the pass. It's not that hard to apprehend someone who is a little overweight to begin with. You just have to tire him/her out.

I agree. The cop should have done what I used to do and run him down and tackle him to the ground. If he's not in shape to do that, get backup to head him off at the pass. It's not that hard to apprehend someone who is a little overweight to begin with. You just have to tire him/her out.

i think he caught him once and tried to taze him. Then he fled again. That is where the cellphone video started I think. This cop appeared to just say to hell with chasing him again.

i think he caught him once and tried to taze him. Then he fled again. That is where the cellphone video started I think. This cop appeared to just say to hell with chasing him again.

And the cop made a huge error in judgement by pulling his weapon and firing into the back of a fleeing suspect who posed no threat to himself or anyone around him. If the cop can't take him into custody on his own he needs to use a different tactic.

Please cite where anyone said he did.

You like to say where was something said where have you ever read on this forum that police just want to shoot blacks. Only person making sweeping claims is you and most that are arguing a stupid point

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

Think the cop would have shot the man had he just stayed in his car ?

Yes or No.

I don't see the point of the question because if he hadn't ever drove the car he wouldn't have been shot. If that officer hadn't ever decided to become a cop he wouldn't have been shot either.

And the quick way he did it, formulated the lie, calm matter of going about his business handcuffing the guy I don't know what he would have done. I'd show some emotion if I had shot a dog...

the point of the question? cole, this whole thread took off because you said he was killed over a broken taillight. You did not accept this man had any fault what so ever. Poor guy just was just pulled out of his car tazed and shot for being black. Even after the video shows exactly why the guy fled you won't acknowledge what his own family said that he was avoiding jail. Then you compare fleeing police to wearing a skirt. No person here has defended this shooting.

Quote the damn post where I said that. I said he pulled him over for his tail light and it was scary. I haven't brought up race you have. Gtfoh

Cole - you're simply wrong.

See you couldn't answer the question. And tell me what I'm wrong about....don't worry I'll wait....

Quote the damn post where I said that. I said he pulled him over for his tail light and it was scary. I haven't brought up race you have. Gtfoh

scary? The only thing that dude was scared of is going to jail.. Nothing about that traffic stop should have been scary. Sitting in your car is not scary.

So says you. You aren't an authority to what someone should be nervous about. I get nervous every time I'm pulled over. Good for you that you don't. If you're trying to sit here and say everybody is treated equally just stop talking to me. And it doesn't change the fact I didn't say what you said I did. And I didn't say race had anything to do with this...You just want to jump on your house when somebody mentions the police

emt, for the sake of hypotheticals let's imagine he did tackle him. He landed awkward and snapped his neck or broke ribs that punctured his heart and killed him. There would be no firing or arrest but you would still have the same arguments from the same people that a black man was murdered by police with no justice. Eric garner all over again.

Let's scroll back and see who mentioned race about this particular case. And garner was murdered

See you couldn't answer the question. And tell me what I'm wrong about....don't worry I'll wait....

YOU are still dodging the question I asked ! You're a fraking joke.

Let's scroll back and see who mentioned race about this particular case. And garner was murdered

No, he wasn't . Might help if you knew the definition of words you're trying to use.

we may need to go back to different threads then.

Cole you are just blinded by pure hatred and race. Those two things have got you so far off track that I'm not sure you'll find your way back. Garner's death was not murder. People like you and Al Sharpton are doing the black community a great disservice with this crap. Yes I lumped you in with him because you sound just like him.

Lol now that was a joke. Pull the threads. Quote my hatred on race. If you can't you will be deleting. I guarantee that

YOU are still dodging the question I asked ! You're a fraking joke.

What question did you ask? A asked you a question and next post you just said I was wrong. Nobody has answered any question I asked

Archived