Charleston police officer shoots man in back

cooltigger21

Think the cop would have shot the man had he just stayed in his car ?

Yes or No ?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's scroll back and see who mentioned race about this particular case. And garner was murdered

Cole you are just blinded by pure hatred and race. Those two things have got you so far off track that I'm not sure you'll find your way back. Garner's death was not murder. People like you and Al Sharpton are doing the black community a great disservice with this crap. Yes I lumped you in with him because you sound just like him.

That was blatantly idiotic.

Let's scroll back and see who mentioned race about this particular case. And garner was murdered

Cole you are just blinded by pure hatred and race. Those two things have got you so far off track that I'm not sure you'll find your way back. Garner's death was not murder. People like you and Al Sharpton are doing the black community a great disservice with this crap. Yes I lumped you in with him because you sound just like him.

Ok. People like you and those guys that hide behind the sheets do your race a disservice.

Me on the other hand, I'm everything every mom want their kid from the hood to be. I'm a pillar of my community. You're from Florence right? I'm from the west side and every time I come home they want me to speak at the high school and middle school. My character can't be questioned by somebody like you. Sorry

Yes or No ?

I did answer that question in my post. But you still didn't answer mine

i wouldn't go that far. I think cole has had a bad experience with a traffic stop and watched too much tv and fallen into the narrative that cops are out to kill black men for no reason at all. It must be exhausting to live in such needless fear. I feel sorry for him.

I have had many incidents with being pulled over by police, including being badgered by one. I have NEVER said police are just out to kill black men, but there are some bad ones out there. Yes it's scary because it's my freaking life. A misunderstanding means I can possibly not be here and you all would be checking my background saying well he was suspended in high school before or he shouldn't have taken his hands off the steering wheel

Yes or No ?

There was no yes or no reply. You didn't answer . You ducked.

I have had many incidents with being pulled over by police, including being badgered by one. I have NEVER said police are just out to kill black men, but there are some bad ones out there. Yes it's scary because it's my freaking life. A misunderstanding means I can possibly not be here and you all would be checking my background saying well he was suspended in high school before or he shouldn't have taken his hands off the steering wheel

Don't assault a cop, don't reach for his gun and don't run from a simple traffic stop.

Exactly like every one else, you'll be fine.

Yes or No ?

There was no yes or no reply. You didn't answer . You ducked.

I did no such thing. I said I don't know and explained why I said it. Now will you answer mine?

Well Cole I will offer up this up to you. You can let these events and the attitudes of others control your life and make you bitter or you can be the better man and not let them make you think, or worse do, something bad that would result in tragic actions. You are being the better man in such instances regardless of what they do and who knows, you may have an impact on them for the better. The only person that can take your dignity and self respect away is you. Now I don't pretend to know what it's like for a black man but black men are not the first nor will you be the last to face such things. Other people are going to be stupid and racist and bullies. Your can't control them but you can control you and your reaction and thoughts of them. I won't pretend it's easy but it's worth it for a multitude of reasons.

" Should be "?

And yet Scott got out of his car ( twice ), Garner resisted arrest, & Brown ignored then fought with Wilson.

well damn. ...

" Should be "?

And yet Scott got out of his car ( twice ), Garner resisted arrest, & Brown ignored then fought with Wilson.

Going to answer my question ever. You see this is like the third time I've done this with you. If all you ever going to do is try to bully and demand somebody to answer you but you don't think it applies to you I'd rather not communicate with you. I don't know how more polite I can convey that to you

Well Cole I will offer up this up to you. You can let these events and the attitudes of others control your life and make you bitter or you can be the better man and not let them make you think, or worse do, something bad that would result in tragic actions. You are being the better man in such instances regardless of what they do and who knows, you may have an impact on them for the better. The only person that can take your dignity and self respect away is you. Now I don't pretend to know what it's like for a black man but black men are not the first nor will you be the last to face such things. Other people are going to be stupid and racist and bullies. Your can't control them but you can control you and your reaction and thoughts of them. I won't pretend it's easy but it's worth it for a multitude of reasons.

I don't feel like I'm bitter. I just know everybody isn't lying and you can be mistreated and not do anything wrong. I don't think every policeman is bad, NEVER said that. I think as common you find bosses who let authority go to their head it's policemen who let authority go to their head.

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

Yes or No.

my point exactly.

So any resistance understandably leads to deadly force, even running away?

Let's take a look the people with the most to say about fergerson the very ones the most to say pretty much he brought this on himself....hmmm.

Yes or No.

my point exactly.

No T.T.. The point I was making this whole thread is that people who don't resist very rarely have any problem with LEOs. We hear the rhetoric and it influences people to resist or run. then things go bad. the wrong message gets sent, cities get burned, cops get shot then cops jobs get harder. i can tell you this though, resisting or running is not going to lead to anything good.

Yeah. I agree to that but if someone is running out of fear (not the case here, at least the first run isn't) it would be a shame for them to be killed for being scared of the police in the first place

It can if you strike an officer & try to take his sidearm ( M Brown ). If you're morbidly obese & have aesthma , you might put yourself in a high risk situation where you initiate a physically stressful event. ( Garner )

No reason for a grown man to run away like Scott did.

While I do believe that people are afraid of the police due to some of them abusing their position, I tend to think people are more afraid of the police because the police are the front door to the criminal justice system. They have little faith in that system to ultimately "give them their day in court", and every aspect of their trip through that system is intimidating. If you do not have the financial means, the criminal justice system is a terrible place to be, regardless of your guilt or innocence.

I think some people resist simply because it is their nature. I think others likely resist out of frustration with the knowledge that being arrested is basically synonymous with being convicted, that the police are not interested in anything you have to say unless it helps them build a case, that they will be sitting in jail for likely months pending trial if they cannot afford bond, and that the only advocate they likely have (public defender) is not interested in aggressively defending them. This perception may or may not be correct, but it is real. This is what the War on Drugs has brought us.

While I do believe that people are afraid of the police due to some of them abusing their position, I tend to think people are more afraid of the police because the police are the front door to the criminal justice system. They have little faith in that system to ultimately "give them their day in court", and every aspect of their trip through that system is intimidating. If you do not have the financial means, the criminal justice system is a terrible place to be, regardless of your guilt or innocence.

I think some people resist simply because it is their nature. I think others likely resist out of frustration with the knowledge that being arrested is basically synonymous with being convicted, that the police are not interested in anything you have to say unless it helps them build a case, that they will be sitting in jail for likely months pending trial if they cannot afford bond, and that the only advocate they likely have (public defender) is not interested in aggressively defending them. This perception may or may not be correct, but it is real. This is what the War on Drugs has brought us.

Excellent thoughts! I believe that militarizing the police and, using policing as a revenue stream only makes matters worse.

It can if you strike an officer & try to take his sidearm ( M Brown ). If you're morbidly obese & have aesthma , you might put yourself in a high risk situation where you initiate a physically stressful event. ( Garner )

That's a perfect example of how one can use rational statements to present a seriously distorted perspective.

I bet you don't get it.

Excellent thoughts! I believe that militarizing the police and, using policing as a revenue stream only makes matters worse.

:starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

That's a perfect example of how one can use rational statements to present a seriously distorted perspective.

I bet you don't get it.

You're looking to distort something factual I said into something it wasn't.

AKA getting stuck on stupid.

Ya might want to see to that.

Archived