2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think we got Kozan and maybe Diamond at the last moment...I remember feeling some hope for Diggs after that.

Diggs committed and signed before both of them. JD & AK committed & signed after NSD And we did not have a good feeling about either til after NSD. With AK it wasn't literally til the minute he signed with AU over Michigan & Iowa 3 and a half weeks after NSD. Without those 2 post NSD adds that class goes from 11th to 15th.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I dunno what else the kid has to say now, it's should be pretty clear to all at this point. He's gonna be one big honkin AU Tiger. 

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I just read on the Auburn page on al.come Ashley is shutting down his recruitment and more than solidified his commitment to Auburn. WDE.

You could do that.....or you could simply look up about one post before this and see the same thing. ?

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Never in doubt.  110% means 110%.  

He was on the verge of de-comitting. Most likely would have signed with AU in the end.  AU did a great job to get him back in the fold. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Always a mistake IMO.

Actually, I went there to see what they had on Auburn's win over Missouri. Then, I went to the football page and that is where I saw the story about Ashley. Anytime I see anything big about Auburn, I immediately go to aufamily to get the real scoop.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Actually, I went there to see what they had on Auburn's win over Missouri. Then, I went to the football page and that is where I saw the story about Ashley. Anytime I see anything big about Auburn, I immediately go to aufamily to get the real scoop.

I know. I was picking.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He was on the verge of de-comitting. Most likely would have signed with AU in the end.  AU did a great job to get him back in the fold. 

But didn't,  and is 110%.   Insider on "verge" is hard to define IMO.  

4 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

But didn't,  and is 110%.   Insider on "verge" is hard to define IMO.  

There was real smoke. Hand & Fountain did a hell of a job putting out that  quick fire.

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I'm just glad we were able to hold mighty Maryland off. 

at this point a great close for us would just be hanging on to the elite guys we have already on board. not a lot of splash left for us.

6 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I believe you and WDEWDE,. But smoke is smoke... Get my point?  

And my point is fires can get started & can be put out.

43 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I read some earlier posts which said the coaches are looking for him come in and win a starting tackle spot on the OL. Is that true?

That's the hope.

Archived