2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
26 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

According to most of the experts he was not quality so what are we really losing?  Just because he was a 5* does not mean he was quality.

Sarcasm.

Even I caught that one.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that hurts depth. Not that he was going to make a difference but we are in deep **** after this year. 

Amazing that he wants to transfer when next year every position will be open. 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:
22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
31 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

According to most of the experts he was not quality so what are we really losing?  Just because he was a 5* does not mean he was quality.

Sarcasm.

Even I caught that one.

Image result for bazinga gif

Just add CA to the list of 5 star bust we've had. Seems the only 5 stars we get are the ones no other teams want. Before yall go listing all the ones that are not bust, I know we have had a few be successful. Just feels like we have more bust than succeed.

I wish the young man the best.  I had high hopes for Calvin and hope he can get it together a be a quality player wherever he lands. Gotta work overtime to recruit and sign a lot of OTs soon and very soon.

Most of us have probably been expecting this for some time now.  Sorry it didn't work out for the young man but we needed to put this behind us and move on before spring.

Another 5-star leaving the program. Gus doesn't seem to have much success with the few 5-stars he signs.

Sent to me by my cousin. I'm not sure where he got it.

** Auburn will now go into spring with 13 scholarship offensive linemen and add three signees in May to bring the fall total to 16 (plus any transfers). With six seniors, that will leave 10 OL going into the offseason. Clearly, Auburn needs to address the position with transfers. There's concern of having adequate backups in 2019 but more than anything, finding five new starters in 2020. Finding a couple transfers that have to sit out a year and then have a year or two of eligibility left would be a big plus.

tenor.gif

Five star rating is where he peaked apparently. If he truly doesn’t have hard feelings he won’t find a better opportunity than he has right here. I hoped he would stay and overcome whatever is holding him back. I hate to say it but I didn’t think we’ll ever hear from him again. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

** Auburn will now go into spring with 13 scholarship offensive linemen and add three signees in May to bring the fall total to 16 (plus any transfers). With six seniors, that will leave 10 OL going into the offseason. Clearly, Auburn needs to address the position with transfers. There's concern of having adequate backups in 2019 but more than anything, finding five new starters in 2020. Finding a couple transfers that have to sit out a year and then have a year or two of eligibility left would be a big plus.

This can’t be right, we have plenty of depth. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Rivals. 

What is amazing is that everyone has seen this coming for YEARS. Too late now. 

If Gus makes it through this coming season he's damn sure getting fired after the next. That OL is going to be the worst of my lifetime as it stands right now. I don't see how it changes, to be honest. Everybody prepare yourselves.

So just curious... If you put your name in the transfer protal, does that mean you are absolutely gone?  I mean if he is enrolled in class as stated in the article, then he could this just be him fishing to see what is out there and when he finds out nobody is willing to offer him then he stays.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

and most of them are JAGs.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

So just curious... If you put your name in the transfer protal, does that mean you are absolutely gone?  I mean if he is enrolled in class as stated in the article, then he could this just be him fishing to see what is out there and when he finds out nobody is willing to offer him then he stays.

as long as he stays in school, I believe you are correct

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Gus makes it through this coming season he's damn sure getting fired after the next. That OL is going to be the worst of my lifetime as it stands right now. I don't see how it changes, to be honest. Everybody prepare yourselves.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

13 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

giphy.gif

GUEST_d93da12b-b2e4-4832-9ca8-7e603a7332

35 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So just so I understand, you are saying that even if Gus does great this year he is ALREADY on the hot seat for the 2020.  Come on now.  Let's make it through 2019 before we start piling on Gus for 2020

34 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

33 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

as long as he stays in school, I believe you are correct

Yes you can enter and leave the portal if you chose to do so and remain in school.  Alabama's 5* LB entered and pulled back out within a week.

5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So just so I understand, you are saying that even if Gus does great this year he is ALREADY on the hot seat for the 2020.  Come on now.  Let's make it through 2019 before we start piling on Gus for 2020

I think we're still piling on him for 2015-2018. 

Image result for dogpile gif

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

What I am saying is that no matter how good this coming season is, 2020 is set up to be an absolute train wreck of epic proportions with how the OL is looking. This is the chief reason why he will be shown the door by end of 2020. Poor OL = no points/frequent punts = no rest for defense = D getting worn down each game = Defense will be a shell of themselves by the time November rolls around. We've seen this before but imagine the OL being worse than we have ever seen. We are much closer to being at that spot than having just a serviceable line for 2020.

Replacing 5 starters on an OL especially with how we've been recruiting on the OL would be a death sentence for any coach, not just Gus. But this has been a long and slow burn that we've all been seeing play out and it will eventually be the reason the bottom falls out for Gus IMO

Our 5* Players

Byron Cowart - Bust for us

Derrick Brown - Solid

Michael Dyer - Solid then Bust

Tray Blackmon - Bust

Montravius Adams - Drafted

Cadillac Williams -Drafted

Christian Westerman - Bust for Us

Carl Lawson - Drafted

Roc Thomas - Bust for us

Owen Pappoe - we'll see

Calvin Ashley - Bust

Tre Williams - Solid

Trovon Reed - Drafted but still an overall bust for us

Bo Nix - we'll see

Ben Obamanu - Drafted

Jason Campbell - Drafted

Lemarcus Rowell - Bust

So, not counting this year's class, we have had 3 five star players since 2015 with a "success" rate of 1/3.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yes you can enter and leave the portal if you chose to do so and remain in school.  Alabama's 5* LB entered and pulled back out within a week.

Old white guys' dystopian nightmares about the future of CFB unfolding before our very eyes.

Image result for portal gif

Archived