2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

'Just Auburn' for 5-star OT

Jeffrey Lee | Senior Editor

AUBURN | Five-star offensive tackle Calvin Ashley needed to meet Herb Hand. He needed to know who would be coaching the offensive line at Auburn.

That was the reason for Saturday's visit

"It was important because I wanted to see what kind of person he is and whether I fit," Ashley said. "And I fit really good. I really like Coach Hand."

Ashley, who is ranked the No. 4 offensive tackle, arrived in Auburn on Saturday and met with Hand, watched practice and met more with Hand.

"It was the first day of pads and everybody wanted to better themselves," Ashley said. "It was a physical day. They are a big, aggressive team and fast. The pace of the offense is crazy."

Ashley's attention was focused mainly on Hand and the offensive lineman.

"He's a great coach and a great person. I like him a lot," Ashley said. "He's ready for me to get here. They need tackles and I'm ready to come. I'm just ready to compete."

Ashley has remained firm in his commitment to Auburn. So far, nothing has changed.

"There is no No. 2," Ashley said. "It's just Auburn."

Ashley plans to return to Auburn for the A-Day game on April 9.

Really great news. He is our most important recruit this year.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all good but it will be a fight still not happy that he transferred schools

Just you or the staff feel that way too?

Just me the staff is fine with it as far as I know. My reasoning is First Academy competition sucks compared to Dr. Phillips. Dr. Phillips plays in one of the hardest districts in Fl.

Just me the staff is fine with it as far as I know. My reasoning is First Academy competition sucks compared to Dr. Phillips. Dr. Phillips plays in one of the hardest districts in Fl.

Supposedly he transferred to try to finish high school sooner so he could be an EE in January.

Supposedly he transferred to try to finish high school sooner so he could be an EE in January.

Didn't help Daquan in academics going to First Academy but should be no problem for Cal. Just hate the competition side of it. Cal will man handle DL

Didn't help Daquan in academics going to First Academy but should be no problem for Cal. Just hate the competition side of it. Cal will man handle DL

Yeah. 1 AU recruiting reporter thinks CA is a longshot to be an EE.

• 1 month later...

My guess is he is being reclassified to the 2016 class and will be on campus before this season?!?! Hey it happened for USC recently and with the football forum melting this board could use some good news.

My guess is he is being reclassified to the 2016 class and will be on campus before this season?!?! Hey it happened for USC recently and with the football forum melting this board could use some good news.

That would be beyond awesome.

My guess it has something to do with UA game or graduating early or...

Graduating early would be nice!

Will be participating in the Under Armour all American game instead of the Army all American game per his Twitter. I'm assuming that's the only announcement he's got

Will be participating in the Under Armour all American game instead of the Army all American game per his Twitter. I'm assuming that's the only announcement he's got

Yup. I like the way he worded it too. He sounds determined for now to come to AU.

• 1 month later...

Calvin seems like he is EXTREMELY well spoken, and I am not only extremely proud that he is committed to and representing Auburn, but I am also very very excited to see how he can have an impact on Auburn, from the football field to the locker room to the classroom and everywhere in between.

Archived