2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

15 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@ellitor how did Ashley end up in DC?

Transferred there. Here is a link that started about a 10 post discussion on it. Link

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave Hill stuck in the NFL as a starter with the Chiefs for 15 years or so. There have been a lot of great ones. Ashley may become one, he may not.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Transferred there. Here is a link that started about a 10 post discussion on it. Link

Thanks dude. Maybe the step up in competition will help him that much more.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dave Hill stuck in the NFL as a starter with the Chiefs for 15 years or so. There have been a lot of great ones. Ashley may become one, he may not.

My comment was based on OL's careers only at AU.

• 2 weeks later...

Injured in a scrimmage. Don't know how serious but the picture shows several people helping him off the field. The injury update is evidently premium content on rivals 

21 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Injured in a scrimmage. Don't know how serious but the picture shows several people helping him off the field. The injury update is evidently premium content on rivals 

Any updates not premium?

28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Any updates not premium?

Still premium but evidently an update was posted and JGT said "AU supporters will like this news" at around 10:30 this morning

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Still premium but evidently an update was posted and JGT said "AU supporters will like this news" at around 10:30 this morning

I'm telling ya man. Check Keith's post page out. He puts a lot of free stuff out. On CA he said injury is not as bad as believed. Docs think it may be a high ankle sprain. Won't know for sure til X-rays are read.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Rivals dropped him down to a 4* LOL

Really nothing to lol about. He's still a top 60 player. Also he did not play great when he was healthy last season & he has had a few injuries in his high school career, one of which caused him to miss a good portion of last season. He could easily be dropped a bit due to a durability question alone. If he wants to get that 5* back he has to play better versus much better competition this year & play most of the year.

Agree. I don't give a crap about his ranking. That's a compete-for-the-starting-role-on-day-one guy. Just get him on campus. 

48 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Agree. I don't give a crap about his ranking. That's a compete-for-the-starting-role-on-day-one guy. Just get him on campus. 

Agreed...If he gets & stays healthy.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agreed...If he gets & stays healthy.

The staying Healthy is the biggest deal here, agreed. We want him to use his size and talent on the field, not on the bench.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Really nothing to lol about. He's still a top 60 player. Also he did not play great when he was healthy last season & he has had a few injuries in his high school career, one of which caused him to miss a good portion of last season. He could easily be dropped a bit due to a durability question alone. If he wants to get that 5* back he has to play better versus much better competition this year & play most of the year.

So now, he didn't play great and had multiple injuries. Apparently he should have been dropped down to a 4*, or maybe even lower. Top level prospects stay healthy and play great, that's what makes them top level prospects.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

So now, he didn't play great and had multiple injuries. Apparently he should have been dropped down to a 4*, or maybe even lower. Top level prospects stay healthy and play great, that's what makes them top level prospects.

In theory Mikey you are correct, however, the O linemen are one twisted knee from being replaced. It could be a little unreasonable to expect the O linemen to stay healthy, considering the size and weight of some of these guys. That is a lot of size to be putting on those knees and backs, just saying. Appreciate all you bring to the conversation Mikey, particularly your desire to see an effective LB corp. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Taking visits now. Can't blame him. 

Keith has said he always was taking visits. It's still not what you want to hear though if you are an AU fan.

I wouldn't blame him for taking visits even if we were 3-0. But I'm sure he's slowly warming up to the idea of at least considering other schools again if our trend continues...

35 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I wouldn't blame him for taking visits even if we were 3-0. But I'm sure he's slowly warming up to the idea of at least considering other schools again if our trend continues...

Shame since he and his O-Line bretheren are who we need to fix the offense.

Archived