2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

very. He was gonna redshirt next year regardless probaly but now next year will just be a rehab year for the most part and put his development even more behind kinda like the first prince we got.

I thought Brahms just broke his leg.  I wasn't aware it was serious.

WDE!

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2016 at 9:47 AM, ellitor said:

Chances of that happening based on Gus personality & stubbornness in his AU career are about .00001% IMO.

But why would he do that...his offense was doing just fine til the injury bug happened. Getting an identity sooner in the season is my gripe , but you can wake up from the dream of Gus letting someone else come in with their own offense and letting them coach...has an offensive minded coach ever done that? 

3 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

I thought Brahms just broke his leg.  I wasn't aware it was serious.

WDE!

Is it just me or do these 2 sentences not go together?

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is it just me or do these 2 sentences not go together?

*sigh*

I thought Brahms just broke his leg.  I wasn't aware he also tore ligaments in his knee, won't be available for the all-star circuit, and might not be ready for 2017 activities.

WDE!

5 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

*sigh*

I thought Brahms just broke his leg.  I wasn't aware he also tore ligaments in his knee, won't be available for the all-star circuit, and might not be ready for 2017 activities.

WDE!

I haven't heard that. Last I heard is he would be able to go in the All Star game. Your Brahms OP was in reply to a post about Troxell which made it all the more confusing the way it was worded.

Yah I was def talking about troxell. Brahms never specifically came up.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I haven't heard that. Last I heard is he would be able to go in the All Star game.

That was my understating too.  I always thought a broken fibula took two or three months.  Considering it happened in mid-August I figured he might get to rejoin his team for a potential playoff run.  

Then I read in an article a couple of weeks ago he's not expected to available for the Army All-American game.

I didn't realize he suffered an injury more serious than a fractured fibula.

WDE!

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not only is our team cursed this year it has trickled down to our recruits. I think all of our OL recruits suffered MAJOR injuries this season at one point or another and 2 of them were season ending......... 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah I was def talking about troxell. Brahms never specifically came up.

WDE!

11 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

a broken leg to me is a significant injury and it was season ending is it not?! lol

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

That was my understating too.  I always thought a broken fibula took two or three months.  Considering it happened in mid-August I figured he might get to rejoin his team for a potential playoff run.  

Then I read in an article a couple of weeks ago he's not expected to available for the Army All-American game.

I didn't realize he suffered an injury more serious than a fractured fibula.

WDE!

Well the USA Today on Halloween said he was out for the Army game in January. Then 247 said the next day through Nick's own words that it was not known yet if he can't play in the Army game. 247 article

Being named a U.S. Army All-American has special meaning to 4-star Auburn offensive guard commit Nick Brahms of Navarre (Fla.).

That’s because his family has strong ties to the armed forces.

“Both my parents served in the Air Force for 10 years,” Brahms said. “They got out when me and my sister were born and my mom now works on base as a civilian pediatric nurse. It is truly an honor to be given the opportunity to showcase my talent on a national stage and represent my teammates and the Navarre program. I love my teammates and I will be doing it for them.”

At this time, it’s still uncertain whether Brahms, who received his game jersey as part of the Army Bowl selection tour Monday, will be physically ready to play in the Jan. 7 game in San Antonio, Texas.

In August, he sustained a broken fibula, also known as the calf bone, in his right leg. While recovering, Brahms, who had surgery, has not played in a game this season.

“It was extremely tough,” Brahms said. “Just getting over not being able to play in that first home game was a challenge in itself. It has made me appreciate the game much more though and forced me to be mentally tough about overcoming adversities and given me confidence in my ability to do that.”

At this time, his rehabilitation is going well.

“I am back to walking normal again in tennis shoes and just doing rehab,” Brahms said. “I do rehab in a pool and also on land so I see a lot of benefit with that. I am gaining some of the weight I lost back so I am excited about that.”

Brahms has hoped for a late-season return or at worst to be ready for the Army Bowl.

“The therapists haven't given me a specific timeline so I'm not sure,” Brahms said. “We will know more as that date gets closer. It all depends on how fast my rehab goes. If I get to play in the game, it will be being able to compete against the best competition in the nation. If I am unable to play in the game it will still be an extreme honor and a great time regardless.”

Whether or he’s healthy enough to play, Brahms will make the trip to San Antonio and take part in numerous activities. He earned it with his strong performance on the field in previous seasons.

Meantime, he remains solid with his commitment to Auburn and will be an early enrollee.

His older sister, Olivia, is a freshman at Auburn.

“She loves it,” Brahms said. “She says it can get stressful at times but people are always there to help her so she gets through it. She has made a lot of new friends and can't wait for me to get on campus.”

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

a broken leg to me is a significant injury and it was season ending is it not?! lol

That's your opinion.

In my opinion a broken leg is not all that serious.  You miss some time and usually come back right as rain.  Torn ligaments are much more serious, and I believe that might actually be the reason why he missed the entire season.

Regarding what I believed to be the natural flow of a conversation, it was never my intention to confuse anyone.  You mentioned that all three of our OL recruits have suffered major injuries, two of them season ending.  I mentioned Troxell.  You replied.  Then I mentioned the other recruit with a season-ending injury, and stated I was unaware of the severity of the injury.

WDE!

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well the USA Today on Halloween said he was out for the Army game in January. Then 247 said the next day through Nick's own words that it was not known yet if he can't play in the Army game. 247 article

Okay.  The Halloween article is the one I read, and it didn't sound promising.  That's also where I learned he had ligament damage in addition to a broken bone.  And in light of the 247 article we're now parsing through the difference between "not expected to be available" and "it's still uncertain."  I'm not trying to be a wiseacre.  Just seems like a marginal difference.

WDE!

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

Okay.  The Halloween article is the one I read, and it didn't sound promising.  That's also where I learned he had ligament damage in addition to a broken bone.  And in light of the 247 article we're now parsing through the difference between "not expected to be available" and "it's still uncertain."  I'm not trying to be a wiseacre.  Just seems like a marginal difference.

WDE!

Your OP said " won't be able to play" instead of "not expected to play". The 1st is a definitive statement not an unlikely one so I thought it was worth pointing out for the rest of the readers through Nick's own words that it's uncertain right now, not a definite. Not yet at least.

se·man·tics
səˈman(t)iks/
noun
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
    • the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.
      plural noun: semantics
      "such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff"

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

from what I saw on twitter he was fine. Who knows.

He had to go to the hospital. It could have just been a big scare. 247 has a free article on it if anyone wants to read it.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:
se·man·tics
səˈman(t)iks/
noun
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

Who are we recruiting named Semantics????? never heard of him 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:
se·man·tics
səˈman(t)iks/
noun

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who are we recruiting named Semantics????? never heard of him 

........from Israel

• 3 weeks later...

Archived