2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

28 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

On a 30 for 30 show about Bo, Boomer said he was watching Bo during warmups before that game and told a teammate "we're in trouble."

I sat right behind the Maryland bench and really enjoyed watching Boomer warm up.  He threw such a pretty and catchable pass  

My company contracted Boomer to do some PR work for us a number of years ago and we talked about that game a bit and his biggest reflection was about Tommy Agee's performance that day. An amazing game by both teams.  What got my attention the most was his detailed recollection of down and distance details of the game. Sharp cookie. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SIR ISAAC said:

My company contracted Boomer to do some PR work for us a number of years ago and we talked about that game a bit and his biggest reflection was about Tommy Agee's performance that day. An amazing game by both teams.  What got my attention the most was his detailed recollection of down and distance details of the game. Sharp cookie. 

Always liked Boomer

Maryland was no pushover.  I think they were ranked something like #7 in the country, and I can remember being awestruck by the rifle of an arm Boomer had.   I remember seeing maybe 30 to 40 yard passes being thrown on a rope, zero arc on the pass. 

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I sat right behind the Maryland bench and really enjoyed watching Boomer warm up.  He threw such a pretty and catchable pass  

Of course. Us lefties do that.:)

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yep over 200 yards

I'm no X and O guy, but I think I recall they ran the "wide tackle 6" defense, which meant they had practically no one in the middle on the line. Agee wasn't touched for about 5 yards every time he carried. 

I was a student in the endzone, so the alignment was just obvious for the taking. But as usual, I was also slightly impaired, so my recollection may be off. 

3 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

I'm no X and O guy, but I think I recall they ran the "wide tackle 6" defense, which meant they had practically no one in the middle on the line. Agee wasn't touched for about 5 yards every time he carried. 

I was a student in the endzone, so the alignment was just obvious for the taking. But as usual, I was also slightly impaired, so my recollection may be off. 

Are you sure of that?????slightly???

On 1/5/2017 at 5:11 PM, TitanTiger said:

I think Calvin's tweet ends this drama.  Had he wanted to decommit, you don't purposely tweet out that you are "110% committed and always will be. WDE"

Well, based on your track record, now I'm inclined to believe he gone but, maybe you're right. I wont count on it

7 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Well, based on your track record, now I'm inclined to believe he gone but, maybe you're right. I wont count on it

Titan is bout to rip you a new one :popcorn:

2 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

"Based on my track record" in what way?  Someone piss in your cereal this morning?  

Look, if you want to start picking fights out of the clear blue sky, that's certainly your prerogative.  But don't cry when I punch back.

41 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

we need to win a game of some kind, any kind

Ladies BB won big today!

1 hour ago, tombigbeetiger said:

we need to win a game of some kind, any kind

Womens softball is about to start. That and that horse walking sport are the only things we are good at anymore. 

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Womens softball is about to start. That and that horse walking sport are the only things we are good at anymore. 

yup jay even ruined our one sports dynasty we ever had in swimming and diving. everything he touches turns to @#$%. 

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

It was certainly the case last year where the women's sport far outshined the men's. Shaping up for the same in 2017.

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup jay even ruined our one sports dynasty we ever had in swimming and diving. everything he touches turns to @#$%. 

I always wondered what happened to our dominant swimming program. We were a perennial contender when i was there. Was it a funding issue?  Did Jay refuse to upgrade our swimming facilities? 

16 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I always wondered what happened to our dominant swimming program. We were a perennial contender when i was there. Was it a funding issue?  Did Jay refuse to upgrade our swimming facilities? 

no idea on the facilities but we lost the most dominant and greatest coach the state of alabama had in David Marsh and its been slowly downhill ever since.

Lets not derail the thread JJ did not do what he said he would for swimming and DM was gone. 

Now lets bring in Cal.........................................

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets not derail the thread JJ did not do what he said he would for swimming and DM was gone. 

Now lets bring in Cal.........................................

I honestly did not even know what thread this was in. Just saw JJ and got enraged. Coach Quick dying really hurt us as well. He was not marsh level but he was a great coach in his own right. but yes back to Calvin Ashley.....  UNDER ARMOUR BIDDING WAR!

Yeah just seeing JJ's name nowadays gets my blood pressure soaring. You think Battle wouldn't give Saban whatever he wants? >:(

Archived