2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

I hope he is an EE to AU. The sooner we get him signed the better.

It won't matter if Gus is fired before he is enrolled. He will have to really love Auburn at that point. So we shall see.

Gus isn't getting fired. Climb down from the ledge.

Not yet, but I'll give you a call a week after the UGA game and let you know how I feel.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't matter if Gus is fired before he is enrolled. He will have to really love Auburn at that point. So we shall see.

Not yet, but I'll give you a call a week after the UGA game and let you know how I feel.

That's just it. How you feel (or how I feel) won't matter. Barring a repeat of something like 2012 Gus is good here for several more years and that's a good thing. If we ever want to consistently excel we've GOT to stop this stupid fruit-basket turnover of head coaches. Gus is a lot closer to being the answer than some unknown out there that would have to start all over.

^Well, 6-6 in '16 might be the best we can hope for. So do you see '17 being a big rebound year? I know that when I looked at people's projected starting lineups for this year I felt good about making a run in '17.

That's just it. How you feel (or how I feel) won't matter. Barring a repeat of something like 2012 Gus is good here for several more years and that's a good thing. If we ever want to consistently excel we've GOT to stop this stupid fruit-basket turnover of head coaches. Gus is a lot closer to being the answer than some unknown out there that would have to start all over.

100% true. The next sentence however is anything but a given. I agree that we need to stop changing coaches so much. Reality is though, by all indications, the influential AU people don't see it that way. Per every source angle Gus on the hot seat is real. And whatever support he may have had w/ influentials, he very well may have lost most of that by not fighting to keep CDC the past couple days.

^If we suffer another 2012 this year will JJ finally be shown the door? I feel getting rid of him is more important. I really believe Gus might be a good coach who has been tainted by JJ's poison. We've seen how JJ's presence has affected other coaches in the past (CTT, David Marsh, Muschamp).

^If we suffer another 2012 this year will JJ finally be shown the door? I feel getting rid of him is more important. I really believe Gus might be a good coach who has been tainted by JJ's poison. We've seen how JJ's presence has affected other coaches in the past (CTT, David Marsh, Muschamp).

There are things w/ JJ overall but this is all on Gus. W/ a few exceptions that did not matter in hind sight, Gus has created this situation on his own.

& it mat not take 2012 repeat for JJ to be gone but for him to be let go Gogue has to be ok w/ it. I have not seen evidence Gogue is there yet.

^In that case, how can we work to prevent another meltdown like this after the next time we have a good season? How did this same thing happen twice (thrice if you count 2008)?

I didn't say he was getting fired. Just stating a possibility, which very well may come true. All any of us can do is wait and see.

There are things w/ JJ overall but this is all on Gus. W/ a few exceptions that did not matter in hind sight, Gus has created this situation on his own.

& it mat not take 2012 repeat for JJ to be gone but for him to be let go Gogue has to be ok w/ it. I have not seen evidence Gogue is there yet.

Why can't we just have some stability? Damn.

Why can't we just have some stability? Damn.

It seems stability and Auburn can't co-exist, for some reason ... :dunno:

Why can't we just stick to the subject in these threads? I thought this one would pertain to Calvin Ashley. Maybe there should be an open thread called "Bellyache about JJ" and one named "Bellyache about Gus" and if I wanted to catch up on those subjects I could go there and not waste time searching for on non-existent updates on recruits.

Why can't we just stick to the subject in these threads? I thought this one would pertain to Calvin Ashley. Maybe there should be an open thread called "Bellyache about JJ" and one named "Bellyache about Gus" and if I wanted to catch up on those subjects I could go there and not waste time searching for on non-existent updates on recruits.

I thought they already had those in "Meltdown" and "Gus Can't Coach". But then again, why wouldn't we carry on these conversations in 100 different other threads.

^In that case, how can we work to prevent another meltdown like this after the next time we have a good season? How did this same thing happen twice (thrice if you count 2008)?

I don't know. Letting JJ go could help but it's not a definite it would.

Says Ashley ?

Says Ashley ?

Just finishing the topic.

I wouldn't get too excited until he's signed,sealed and delivered. We are teetering on the edge again, and the vultures will be in full flight for the next 11 months. Very few if ANY guarantees at this point.

I'll wait until the vultures have a meal ready before throwing in the towel.

I wouldn't get too excited until he's signed,sealed and delivered. We are teetering on the edge again, and the vultures will be in full flight for the next 11 months. Very few if ANY guarantees at this point.

You are such a total troll.

He's tame compared to other AU fans on other sites.

I don't know dude but don't people say what he just said all the time?

Yes & some who do it are true negabarners who see things that way & others just troll for their own entertainment fixes. Not criticizing either 1 here.

He's tame compared to other AU fans on other sites.

A good reason not to frequent other sites!

Archived