Scott Walker, forever tarnished: Republican governors have tanked the GOP brand

Auctoritas

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/23/scott_walker_forever_tarnished_republican_governors_have_tanked_the_gop_brand/

Long, but interesting (and well-sourced) read.

"What do Scott Walker, Chris Christie and Bobby Jindal all have in common? They’re all sitting governors who’d like to be president, sure. But what else?

How about being embarrassingly bad at job creation? That’s right. From January 2011 through January 2015, Louisiana under Jindal ranked 32nd in job creation with 5.4 percent growth over four years. Wisconsin under Walker ranked 35th, with 4.85 percent growth. New Jersey under Christie ranked 40th, with 4.15 percent growth. This compares with a national average of 8.21 percent...

After years on end of House Speaker John Boehner whining, “Where are the jobs?” this is a singularly unimpressive lot of contenders, wannabes and dropouts. But it’s not an anomaly, as we’ll soon see. Nor is it an anomaly that the national press, so far, routinely ignores this abysmal record. But can they continue to ignore it going forward—particularly in the age of social media?

Historically, state governors have been the most credible candidates for president. Eight sitting governors have been elected to the White House, compared to just three sitting senators, and four vice presidents (compared to eight who took office after a president died). As chief executive of a state, governors can claim an experience most similar to that of president (though without the foreign policy part), and the potential diversity of that experience purportedly allows for an influx of proven practical state-level solutions to be ushered onto the national stage.

At least that’s how the political folklore goes. Now, however, it’s something of the opposite. With the off-year Tea Party wave of 2010 sweeping a large number of ideologically extreme politicians into office, decades of right-wing state-level institution-building reached fruition, and helped establish a high degree of uniformly mistaken economic practices—cutting taxes, public investment and much-needed services, all in accordance with a playbook that’s a proven loser. While individual presidential candidates can be expected to blow their own horns, the fact that their basic playbooks are all so similar opens them up to a broader attack: the entire framework of how they think about economic policy simply doesn’t work."

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irony is now trademarked by the far leftists.......

Seriously, Tim. Offer a serious response or just don't bother. These drive-by one-liners (you're not the only person who does it but this is the one I just saw) are tiresome. If you think the subject isn't worthy of your time, then just don't post on the thread. If you do think it worthy, then sink your teeth into it and offer either an impassioned support or a thoughtful critique.

Titan....why doesn't that apply across the board?

All posters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Elected officials don't create jobs., what they can do is push agendas which make job creation more / less favorable . Cherry picking GOP govs who are likely candidates for the WH is a mere stunt. And a deceptive one at that.

The Left will never hold Obama to the same standard.

Titan....why doesn't that apply across the board?

Because I'm not omniscient, nor omnipresent. I cannot physically respond or even see each and every instance where someone does this. And frankly, it's not that an occasional snarky one liner is out of bounds. But when 75-80% of one's posts are that, it's more noticeable.

I shouldn't have to hunt down every post that does this for the point to be made.

And frankly, it's not that an occasional snarky one liner is out of bounds. But when 75-80% of one's posts are that, it's more noticeable.

Then that should fully ban one particular poster, who trolls damn near every single post with a mock conservative persona as they misspell words and take cartoonish stances, as a means of insulting others.

Funny, that never seems to be called out by the admis.

hint:

Cause them aliens is libtards?

And frankly, it's not that an occasional snarky one liner is out of bounds. But when 75-80% of one's posts are that, it's more noticeable.

Then that should fully ban one particular poster, who trolls damn near every single post with a mock conservative persona as they misspell words and take cartoonish stances, as a means of insulting others.

Funny, that never seems to be called out by the admis.

hint:

Maybe it's because he also thoughtfully engages many posts. As I said, I'm not saying that snarky one-liners are agaisnt the rules. But it would be nice if those who employ them would balance them with genuine efforts at conversation on most topics.

Since you guys wish to be pedantic rather than see the larger point, let me spell it out for you. Here are Tim's posts in this forum, just over the last seven days. I promise you I went back at least to the first of this month before giving up. The pattern does not change. :

The FBI will now be Forced into investigation. The pantsuit has some explaining to do.......

So very typical.......

Cool, stop being logical.

Thanks for that. Now they can pound their chest and proudly clam victory! Bwahahahahaha

Idiocy defined by this WH daily.......

Too funny.......

Bingo !!!

....and Amen.

Amen

Very well stated.

Poor simpleton. Oh well. At least you have sewing.......

Has a poor man or women ever created a job? (heads will explode)....... : - )

barry and co-conspirators created this disaster and if the SCOTUS rules it to be illegal , it's the GOP's fault ??? Thanks. I enjoyed that huge laugh!!!

Giving away the cow...

Agree 100%

Wow. What other tricks can you force him to do?

Not much...

See! You are still clueless. Thanks for playing!! Bwahahahaha

That sewing circle e-mail hotline has you ladies working overtime!! Bwahahahaha

Note to moron: Cats can't fly!!! Bwahahaha

You could insert a dancing bear and you and the other gals would still be clueless!! Hehehe

Bingo! Can't let people think they can make it without hand outs from barry!!!

Sewing circle gals are united.....Clueless, but United. Bwahahahahaha

I told you so. Lock step Libs never waiver from marching orders. Priceless !!!

No need to travel THAT distance... : - )

Elders was a complete moron. Then again, she was a progressive. Bwahahahaha

The Vet did the Right thing. God Bless!!!

Great Post. Thanks for sharing JT !!!

Oh no! You are stepping on PCers mantra !!!

Sewing circle is really busy today. Bwahahahaha

Just ignore "it". All can see what "it" is. Oh, and you are 100% accurate too !!

"Stupid is as stupid does" uat all time Great

CT....You must be a racist....... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

Every word out of that camp is a lie.

Bwahahahahaha. Touche' !!!

This from an expert on the subject of idiocy.....

: - )

I am offended by people that are constantly offended. PC is destroying America. Sensitivity training? Whose rules? Frightening how far this Country has fallen and so very fast.......Hurry 2016 Hurry.......

Only if the religious shoe were on the other foot (instead of the pantsuit's Mouth...)

Anything barry and his buds can do to FORCE single payer...they WILL do.

I feel the same. Not a Jeb supporter and the pantsuit could not BUY a CLUE...

Mondale and Al gore too

Can't be fixed.(Was written to fail so Libs could force single payer on America) Cheaper and more effective to kill and replace it. THAT will remain the goal through the elections. JMHO

Indeed. liberal idiotic irony at it's finest!!!

BTW.."AstroTurf Candidacy". Funny. I remember Slick Willy Clinton speaking of his HS Elcamino complete with AstroTurf lining in bed for "dating". Bwahahahahaha. The JOKES in this Clintonian campaign just write themselves.......

Our Country,sadly, will not wake up until a severe attack on US soil...The only question is when and where.......

Amazing train wreck campaign. The pantsuit is not even capable of a successful launch! This is gonna be a ton of laughs....while it lasts. ; - )

No.....Not at all. : - )

Truth and Facts do not apply. Libs will scream from the roof tops if you dare question the ability to Murder babies at will.......

navy swabbie, time to clear the deck. Bwahahaha

No worries. Word on the street is they are simply "JV Team".......

Agree. Now, if we could only find an elected official or two with an intact SPINE...

And some organizations that teach classes on "how" to answer questions on forms to guarantee successful application. Even how to describe kids to qualify for "crazy checks"...we should help the needy. We should prosecute those that game the system and those that assist.

My vote for "Post of the Day". Well stated. Thanks!!

You really have a bad case of either racism or ignorance. You choose. (All here already have).......

With this WH, sad but true...

What about doing the RIGHT thing and let the media report THAT???

Oh no. Facts !!! : - )

Have you not heard? Traditional institutions and morals are SO yesterday...

Yet quite funny...

About 90% or more of the posts consist of one sentence or less. While some are rather benign, most are some variation of "barry....bwhahahaaha....clueless....sewing circle....liberals are morons." So when I pointed this out, it wasn't simply because someone dropped an occassional barbed one-liner. It's a pattern and it's annoying.

Just for contrast though, here's ICHY's over roughly the same period:

I did not take the first thread seriously. Maybe I should have.

http://america.aljaz...bankruptcy.html

"Louisiana State University officials have begun the process of filing for bankruptcy amid deep cuts in state funding for the school. The filing is a tactic that aims to ensure LSU’s survival but could mean canceling academic programs, laying off tenured teachers and raising tuition."

The new forum motto.

If you want to feel sorry for someone who was actually persecuted by the government, here is a man who, spent his career doing it the right way and lost everything in the process. This is a shameful story.

http://en.wikipedia....s_Andrews_Drake

OUR country owes this man an apology.

It is hardly fair to hold the DCI to the same standard as a private in the Army and an employee of a private contractor.

Are the concepts of evolution and extinction mutually exclusive?

So he should have utilized a more conservative application rather than a radical transformation?

What? You don't see the logic in a scientific debate firmly grounded in politics?

Reagan's unconditional faith in supply side economics was, ignorant, naive, ultimately destructive. His application would have been much better for the economy and the country had he used a more conservative approach.

Like many, Reagan consistently confused cliched ideology with common sense.

This information confirms my suspicions. There are DEFINITELY competing alien interests, aligned with world governments stripping the resources of this planet.

I believe you are right about the left being wrong and, wrong about the right being right. While important, our immediate problems are not the environment or, religious persecution.

Our immediate problem is the economy and, our ability to regain economic leadership in the world.

Is it fair to say, that globalization has increased competitive pressure on the supply side of labor and, the associated consolidation of industries has reduced the competitive pressure for the demand side of labor? Is labor being squeezed from both ends?

How significant is the "great American consumer" to the worlds economy? Are we destroying them? Is there an inherent value to the economy and society in a more "equal" distribution of wealth and income?

Can you appreciate capitalism without having unconditional faith in it? Were Marx and Keynes correct about the "inherent flaw" in capitalism?

Should our ability to produce be shared by all who participate or, only those who own the means of production? Should we ever consider the relative values of capital and labor?

Is the American version of capitalism the same as the Chinese version? Do we practice absolute capitalism? Should we?

Can technology fundamentally change our views about economic systems?

What I am getting at is, you are both right. However, it is a BIG, broad conversation, economically, politically, socially, even ethically. There will have to be short-term fixes. There needs to be a long-term strategy.

I appreciate the fact that this debate is a practical, civil discussion rather than the typical inane ideological one.

Did alien intervention determine the outcome of WWII? Hmmm.

I think FDR had a lot to do with that. I also think he skirted the law by helping them.

Are you sure about that? We didn't enter the war until after Pearl Harbor.

I would suggest reading a real biography of Margaret Sanger. Yes she was progressive. Yes she criticized the church. However, I believe her real views have been distorted. She was not pro abortion. She wanted women to have access to birth control. She did not like the idea of women who were treated like bitches in a puppy mill. She believed children should be conceived out of love and, with the mutual planning, and consent, of the parents.

Big,

How about this scenario. Instead of attacking Pearl Harbor, the Japanese attack Russia and cut off their oil supply by capturing the Caucasus. Now who wins the war?

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. I think it has more to do with the relative values of capital and labor. I think it has more to do with the fact that although we have had economic growth, wages for ALL working people have been in decline since the mid-seventies.

I agree. We negotiate trade agreements in the same manner we conduct domestic policy. The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. It's not just the Republicans and, it's not just the Democrats. It's all of them.

I think we need a practical game changer. If we do not start leading the global economy rather than allowing China to lead, everything else becomes moot.

Because the global labor market has devalued the U.S. labor market? Because we are trapped by the hypocrisy that will not allow us to "exploit" our own but, will gladly exploit others?

So my "trickle up" theory won't work either? Darn!

Wait a minute. Read Titan's comment above. I think he is on to something.

As long as you and I are cool. I enjoy discussing/debating with you.

So EMTs can get $20?

Regardless, we should be able to discuss without becoming Joe McCarthy. I respect your opinion but not, stifling the conversation with accusations such as unpatriotic or anti-American.

I hope, before forming that opinion, you considered the time in which she lived, the role of women during that period (particularly the poor and uneducated), and have read at least one biography that did not have an agenda.

Are you serious? Juan Peron hasn't been in power since 1955 unless you count 9 months in the mid seventies.

You asked for it, Homer.

Yea buddy. That there done sayed it all! Them barry wurshipers makes me sick two.

I totally disagree. I do not see anyone here as anti-America. I do see people here who attempt to demonize others by labeling them as such.

I think you are on to something but, at the same time, I think you are wrong. Clothing, food, shelter, and education would cost much more than 3.85/hour and one "free" meal per day.

So, the answer would have been, NO. You may not be a slave under those conditions. No education, no healthcare, no shelter, 75% off the cost of your uniform is our counter-offer. What the heck, we will throw in the uniforms but, you have to return them when you die.

I think you are taking an "all or nothing" perspective. We should neither excuse the "political witch hunt" nor the stolen funds.

"One last shot: this is why you will never see any emails from Benghazi or from the Clinton Fund. They know how this thing is played and wiping the email server was their way of making sure they dont get caught pulling the same garbage that Walker got smeared with here."

This is interesting to me. Are you suggesting that Benghazi, private email server, and the Clinton Foundation are also "political witch hunts"?

But it plays so well with the "libtards is dumb", "libtards is evil", "barry sux" crowd. They have their own unique definitions of truth and integrity.

How about if they had bowed, offered sacrifices and, agreed to work for 3.85/hour and one free meal per day?

A rational and informed person who grew up in the United States during the greatest economic expansion the world has ever seen, would not be asking this question.

Homer,

This episode of American Experience was a rerun, wasn't it?

War is a barbaric, brutal exercise in killing and destruction. It should be about conquest or, defending sovereignty. The methods and rules do not mean much when you consider the consequences of winning and losing.

Having said that, I believe it becomes extremely important to carefully consider our use of the term war and, our reasons for engaging in them.

When thinking about dropping the bomb on Japan, I think you have to consider the nature of WWII versus the nature or recent "wars".

I really wish more people understood this basic concept. The answers aren't the same when the conditions are totally different. The world is a dynamic place, not static. The right answers may not fit the preconceived notions of one's ideology. Common sense and basic principle trump a convicted ideological idiot.

I agree with your first paragraph.

I disagree with the second. Just because someone believes a naval blockade would have worked, doesn't mean they "hate America". Just because someone would prefer our country be more humanitarian than authoritarian, doesn't mean they "hate America".

The only two good GOP Presidents post WWII were Ike and H.W. The others have been disasters. The GOP continues to endorse rhetoric and ideology over intelligence and principle.

Do you have a point?

Actually, much of it has been known.

http://wisconsinwatc...ts-emails-show/

Again, I have no doubt that part of this investigation was a "witch hunt". However it did not begin that way. What initially triggered the DA's investigation was missing funds from a veteran's fund raising event. Tim Russell, a top Walker aid, was given a two year sentence for stealing $27,000.00 (see link below) from the veterans event and the veteran's group it was held for. Information from computers taken during the investigation also turned up evidence of Walker staffers working on his campaign for governor on county time. Past that point, IMO, the investigation begins to drag on as the "witch hunt" begins.

http://host.madison....19bb2963f4.html

Thanks for the link CPT.

I still say it aint gonna work.

My this story is popular today. Interesting considering it dates back to 2011.

I don't doubt for a moment that the investigation was no more than a political "witch hunt" but, it did lead to six criminal convictions (Archer was not one of them), a secret email server used to thwart public records laws, and a chain of racist emails.

Well, in the sense of, all things are relative, yes, I have.

Did your head explode?

Thats rite! If you aint haten barry that means you is worshipin him. That there is what we call logick.

Governor Bush is considering delegating the advertising aspect of his campaign to a PAC. I wonder how much he will "delegate" if he wins.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Once again, it appears I will be voting for someone who has the fewest ties to special interests and therefore, someone who has almost zero chance of winning.

Clinton versus Bush, the choice is clear. They aint no choice. Its one them illusions.

If true, it is a disgraceful undermining of democracy.

Only them sociolist ones. Thems the ones that is poor. Cause they is run by libtards.

That there aint "redistributin" that there is called sucksess. libtards like to reward failin. Conservitives reward winnin. All you gotta do is look at were we was before the sociolistic policies of the keynan, muslim, commie, narcassistic, libtard and were we is now to see the differinse. All you gotta do is look at the states with conservative leaders and the ones that got a bunch a libtards runnin em. All you gotta do is remember how grate Ronald Raygun was and how bad Jimmy Carter done.

People need to quit listenin to barry and start listenin to people like Orilley and Rush. We need to quit tryin to be like them Euoropian socialists and be more like the Chineese. They dont use no excuses like the enviroment or safety or unions or equalness to keep them from workin and makin money. They get the damn government out of the way of private interprice. Them Chineese is winnin cause they aint got no libtards.

Them windmills is bad for the envirement. Libtard thinkin is dumb. Bwhahahhaha.

I have become of the opinion that the cowardice extends beyond those who choose to attack your service to our country. It extends to those who turn a blind eye to it, particularly the moderators of this forum who either ignore it or, endorse it. It is shameful.

So, taking sides in an ongoing civil war is the "cause of Libya falling into chaos". That makes no sense whatsoever. While it may not have helped, it certainly wasn't the cause.

I tend to believe this is far more accurate as to the failed concept of the "Arab Spring" and the real cause of the chaos that now defines most of the region. But please, feel free to continue viewing recent history through the lens of partisanship rather than reality.

http://forward.com/o...he-middle-east/

Yes, another important point and, possibly the most important, unlimited and untraceable.

Smart alex libtards. I research it everday when I listen to Rush.

IDK, when you compare him to an AG who supports civil forfeiture, he looks pretty good.

I think the two of you are touching on a very important, very relative issue. The kind of money that is "donated" versus the kind of money that comes with "expectations".

When you accept the "donated" kind of money, are you being tested? Are you more likely to accept the kind of money that comes with "strings attached" in the future? What does it say about politicians, the Clinton Foundation, the FSU Economics Dept., PBS? Can the elite buy, the government, the press, an institution that relies on funding? Is that a normal part of capitalism or, a form of corruption.

This is a personal attack that should NOT be tolerated. It goes far beyond the childish, and too typical, name calling.

You are a disgrace to this board, Auburn, and humanity. You should be banned for this remark. Sadly, the moderation on this board gives you full support with "dancing bananas". This site, the members of this forum, and particularly those who moderate, should hang their heads in shame.

I aint no scientist but listenen to libtards cryin over global warmin and wealth in equalitey is beginin to make me sick. libtards libtard sceince libtard sceintist is dumb.

Why didnt they just go down there to Texas an cross the border and join up with ISIS in Mexico? They aint reel brite.

I do not understand your question.

No pizza catered to the weddings of "fat" people? They are unrepentant, habitual sinners?

What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you call genocide, manifest destiny? That changes everything, right?

I feel stupid. I really believed you were smarter than that.

But, but,,,,,,,,,,what about not being able to deny anyone of life, liberty, property, without due process?

Oh well, that's not important. Back to the inane ideological debate.

Libtards is dumb.

You really should try reading and posting. Posting without reading can make one appear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,less than intelligent.

You libbies is makin me sick! ISIS is at the damn gates and you is attackin a good compassionate Christian conservitive like PT. Yall aint got no shame in ya.

All very true.

When you live in the make believe world defined by, conservatives is good, libtards is bad, Rush is the voice of REAL Americans.

What we oughta be doin is kick the ever lovin crap outa ISIS and Boca Haram as a warm up to kicken the crap outa that no good commie Putin and puttin the fear of God into them Chineese for they get any idears.

Boca Haram done got secrative bases on the Canadien border. We is surrounded. The world is on fire! It's burnin to the ground and dont nobody who dont listen to conservative radeo even care none.

ISIS At The Border (Day 5)

Invasion still imminent. No new reports from our only source, Judicial Watch.

I am so scared. Even with my Liberty safe, my alarm system, my gold, my MREs, my arsenal of wepons and ammo, I am paralyzed by fear.

Why aint the lame screen media coverin this? Has ISIS done in fill traited them like the commies did the goverment back in the fiftees.

They is a major conspiracy here. I can see it plane as day. barry is one of them and they is about to attack.

What we really need is a totally disingenuous, corrupt VP. A guy who would criticize sanctions against Iran. "Seems that the U.S. government is sanctions happy", as he said while CEO of Haliburton. A guy who would use a foreign subsidiary in order skirt the law and, to do business with "the leading state sponsor of terrorism". Capitalism before nationalism, aint that rite you hypocritical "conservatives".

What we need is a completely naive Secretary of State who dreams of the Arab Spring. Someone who believes democracy will blossom and spread throughout the region without conflict or bloodshed. Someone with a magical "Disney" sort of approach to manipulating the world.

What we really, really need is an administration so profoundly stupid, that they would strengthen Iran by weakening Iraq and then, "ice the cake" by taking a highly sectarian, Iraqi who had been exiled in of all places, IRAN, and post him up as the man who needs to lead Iraq into it's infancy as a democracy.

What we really, really, really, really need is leadership that is disingenuous, corrupt, naive, and stupid enough to finish the job begun by the last totally disingenuous, corrupt, naive, and stupid administration. What we need is more of the glorious, so-called, "conservative" leadership.

We dont need no libtard reforms. ALL libtards is idiots. Even a moreon can see that there.

That there obama is a narsisistic, keynan, socilalist, muslem commie. He hates America. barry sux. bwahahahah.

Yes, being kind, polite, cordial, understanding, and sensitive to the feelings of others is really a dumb idea. :-\ We need to be a country of uncaring, non-thinking, inconsiderate asses. God will be so proud. I can not imagine the blessings he will shower down upon us.

I have to go along with the "conservatives" on this one. How in the world can you watch the ineptitude of destabilizing a region by invading Iraq and promoting the "Arab Spring" and, think it was a good idea to push that sort of "diplomacy" further.

Then I am sure you will not have any trouble differentiating the two for us.

There are snarky one-liners sprinkled in. On one or two days he had a few of them in a row. But the majority of his posts address the subject seriously, ask pertinent questions or offer thoughtful responses and critiques. There is no comparison between the two. So to sit there and act like there's unfair treatment based on political views is just empty-headed nonsense.

I don't make a comment like this without a basis for it. And again, I'm not outlawing the one-liner. I'm just asking that most of one's posts, everyone's posts, be more than just that.

Hah.

I was going to suggest that all one had to do is review Tim's posts. Thanks for making the effort Titan. :bow:

I would also point out that ICHY's satires - unlike Tim's comments - are typically directed toward comments and posts that are seriously absurd. It's a very effective way of pointing out such hyperbole and it's good for the forum.

In my opinion, this rationalization at it's best.

Generally, it's not shocking that you'd lean toward a false equivalency. But when it gets spelled out for you by someone willing to take a few minutes to do the homework and show the differences, it becomes apparent that you just don't want to see it.

We all see things thru different eyes and form our own opinions. I guess it's still OK to express those, and I fully accept that everyone doesn't agree with each other.

We all see things thru different eyes and form our own opinions. I guess it's still OK to express those, and I fully accept that everyone doesn't agree with each other.

Opinions are fine. But for them to have some validity they need to be based in fact. I gave you facts, you cling to an opinion that defies them.

Facts too are often subjective and must be taken considering the overall content. You singled out one poster and I understand you don't have time to review every post. Maybe a tougher enforcement of the posted rules re. name calling would be a good start.

Facts too are often subjective and must be taken considering the overall content. You singled out one poster and I understand you don't have time to review every post. Maybe a tougher enforcement of the posted rules re. name calling would be a good start.

What?

Facts aren't subjective. That's why they are called facts. No one that isn't invested in a particular view can read that series of posts, which I did not edit nor leave anything out over the last week, and seriously believe that ICHY's periodic "libtards are dum" snark is in the same zip code as what I was pointing out from Tim. Yes, I singled a person out...the most egregious example of a problem I see too often here, but it was meant for everyone. The message: if you're going to post, say something. Move the conversation forward. I'd actually say the same thing about many if not most of the name-calling. Do I think occasionally calling a name is the unforgivable sin? No. But if that's your standard MO all the time, you'll get called out. If you call someone something particularly offensive, that'll get attention too. But am I that worried about finding every instance where someone got called a dummy? Not really.

It doesn't mean people can't make a jab or sarcastic one-liner. But if that's all you got, don't waste anyone's time.

Tex and I will be making some adjustments on how we'll moderate things. It's more art than science really. But we'll get this forum in shape.

Maybe a tougher enforcement of the posted rules re. name calling would be a good start.

Posted by Proud Tiger on 18 April 2015 - 07:52 PM in Politically Speaking...

I won't forget boy. You and sailor boy are two peas in a rotten pod.

my-reaction-when-I-get-into-an-argument-with-women-homer-simpson-hide-in-bush-disappears.gif

Titan.....Exactly, you proved my point. That kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed. Now put of some of their name calling posts and as I requested.,.....start enforcing the rules on EVERYBODY. Is that a fair request?

You spend way too much time straining at gnats looking for any perceived instance of possible "unfair" treatment. Unclench.

The moderating in this forum is in flux. I'm far less concerned about coming up with some comprehensive tic sheet to follow than I am steering things toward conversation rather than empty cliches and mindlessly attacking people and "impure" sources. I'm wanting to see discussing the topic like thinking people rather than wasting everyone's time with knee jerk nonsense.

That's a lot of effort to cherry pick comments out of context.

I have a few on ignore. Out of pure coincidence, most of the time I peek at their posts, it's trolling, funny pic / cartoon that's ridiculing another poster.

I don't need to cut-paste entire pages to make that point .

That's a lot of effort to cherry pick comments out of context.

I have a few on ignore. Out of pure coincidence, most of the time I peek at their posts, it's trolling, funny pic / cartoon that's ridiculing another poster.

I don't need to cut-paste entire pages to make that point .

I cherry picked nothing. That is literally every single post of each of theirs in this forum for the past week give or take a day. I went further back by another week or two for both but didn't continue cutting and pasting because it wasn't necessary. The pattern remained consistent.

You made a false equivalency between the two posters and implied that me calling out one and not the other was indicative of bias or being unfair. I'm sorry that facts blew your premise to hell.

Titan.....I understand. But is it unreasonable to try to look at the big picture rather than singling out one or two people? The rules are simple to read. Just enforce them across the board as best you can. Interesting though, I just noticed the rules that used to be pinned aren't there anymore or am I missing them?

All I m asking/suggesting it that you state what the rules are and enforce them fairly. Is that unreasonable?

This thread got entertaining in a hurry.

I nominate BlueVue for Politically Speaking mod. This place would be a barrel of monkeys. :roflol:

Archived