Freddie Gray possibly had back surgery a week before his death.

cooltigger21

Why don't we hear that instead of crushed .& severed ?

We wont hear that because Baltimore has decided not to make the report public. So, instead, we'll be treated to, back surgery, self injuring stories. It's just the same progression we've seen before...mixing skittles with arizona tea, drugs in the system, too fat, strategically releasing store video. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Don't forget hands up don't shoot. Oh wait that was true. The video dispelled the gentle giant narrative that had been put out and the media had run with.

you mean the gentle Giant that had been spreading the word of god that morning.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wont hear that because Baltimore has decided not to make the report public. So, instead, we'll be treated to, back surgery, self injuring stories. It's just the same progression we've seen before...mixing skittles with arizona tea, drugs in the system, too fat, strategically releasing store video. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Don't forget hands up don't shoot. Oh wait that was true. The video dispelled the gentle giant narrative that had been put out and the media had run with.

Thats not the point I was making but please do continue to make light of the situation. It makes it so much easier for the white folks to get on with their lives.

Yeah he was trying to tell the clerk in that store just how much Jesus loved him. I mean doesn't everybody do it that way?

The black police chief & black mayor of Baltimore won't release the report ... why? We also got HUDS as a result of no " official " word too. Wash , rinse, repeat indeed.

And don't forget nbc 's editing of the 911 " he looks black " audio.

Because any moron knows you can sever your spine and crush your wind pipe by 'tossing' yourself around in a van...

Have those injuries been confirmed? Any moron can make "stuff" up, handsupdontshoot.

Just what I heard on the radio. I'm not taking sides here.

Don't use that as an example use the Stephen Smith calling Brady a racist example of jumping to conclusions, since you're not taking sides and all....

What's the hangup for you making the logical connection between "broken vertebrae" and "severed spinal cord?"

No doubt. This was clearly a strategic leak.

Yeah leadership is pissing me off with that. Right or wrong. Good or bad expedite everything so healing can start sooner rather than later. This situation actually shows just how real the wire series was. Police, politicians, pedestrians all play a part of the problems in this city.

But hell I guess it's every city when you think about it.

On the flip side....a ray of hope...

No doubt. This was clearly a strategic leak.

Government out of control. And the media is in a feeding frenzy while the rest of us watch in angst. This stuff just tears at my soul....it should to any American citizen.

I also can see how things might look. Six and a half years ago we elected the first black man as president. I imagine they thought finally they were going to move up out of the situation they had been in for all these many years. Now 6 years later they are not better off and maybe even worse off than before. Whatever they believe is the cause of that they are still mad and angry and frustrated about things. They must feel like they're going to be stuck like this forever in these inner cities.

impressive.gif

I'm impressed by this show of empathy from you, CT.

Well yeah to a degree I do. They've been fed lies from liberals for 50 years yet they still keep voting for them so my understanding goes only so far.

...aaaaaaaaaaaand good impression gone.

What's the hangup for you making the logical connection between "broken vertebrae" and "severed spinal cord?"

It's more graphic & sensational , which is why the media jumped all over it. Plus I find it curious how we know such specific details but no idea why he was arrested in the first place.

@cole - I'll reply as I see fit. I was answering usn's examples with facts that seemed to escape him ( and you as well ). Go back & read , if that helps. You clearly missed the points made.

It's more graphic & sensational , which is why the media jumped all over it. Plus I find it curious how we know such specific details but no idea why he was arrested in the first place.

@cole - I'll reply as I see fit. I was answering usn's examples with facts that seemed to escape him ( and you as well ). Go back & read , if that helps. You clearly missed the points made.

Don't forget Cole. If Raptor writes it, it's fact! It's his world. obey!

Yes the media is having a frenzy on everybody. You will have to search for pics like these

http:

http://m.mic.com/articles/116702/10-images-of-the-baltimore-riots-you-won-t-be-seeing-on-tv

Heard about at least 2 of those on conservative talk radio.

It's more graphic & sensational...

Maybe so, but it is a perfectly apt descriptor for the nature of the injury.

...which is why the media jumped all over it.

Seriously? "Black man suffers fatal injuries in police custody" isn't sensational enough?

Plus I find it curious how we know such specific details but no idea why he was arrested in the first place.

The city and the police are being (understandably) mum on the matter right now. Most of what I read says he fled on sight and had a switch blade in his possession. The arrest report say CDS - NOT MARIJUANA.

USN - what's to obey ? Are you threatened by facts ?

Baltimore's mayor .& police chief are both black. NBC fired at least 1 person for editing Eric Zimmerman's 911 call , to make it sound as if he was racist.

Love how you don't deal with the facts, but instead try to attack ME, as if that gains you anything.

Ben - between which # vertebrae did the injury occur ?

1st I heard word one on any arrest report. The news omitts a lot of vital info.

USN - what's to obey ? Are you threatened by facts ?

Baltimore's mayor .& police chief are both black. NBC fired at least 1 person for editing Eric Zimmerman's 911 call , to make it sound as if he was racist.

Love how you don't deal with the facts, but instead try to attack ME, as if that gains you anything.

Dude, you are the last person to be here preaching about facts. I think all media suck, they serve the dollar. *Disclaimer: please let me know if the term 'Dude' offends you and I'll cease immediately its use. canoe+standup.jpg

Facts are all I'm about, dude. It seems to annoy some here, and that makes me glad.

Ben - between which # vertebrae did the injury occur ?

Fair question. Since it's a neck injury, it'd have to be between C1-C6. Busted larynx makes me think C4-C6, but who knows all of the details until the ME releases his/her report or his medical records leak.

1st I heard word one on any arrest report. The news omitts a lot of vital info.

I linked to the database yesterday.

ETA: Which is not working today. Wonder why that is.

Ben - though I've heard a few times about a crushed windpipe, rarely have I heard the " severed spinal chord " was in the neck. If all I hear is ssc, I'm thinking broken back before the neck.

Maybe I should use you as a primary news source ? ;)

Archived