Auburn NFL Draft Thread

AU-24

Sammie had no reason to stay at AU, other then to play football. The only thing he needed to work on we're hands and route running and he graduated. It wasn't a sense that Duke got better advice, it was that Sammie had no reason to stay.

agreed. sammie did everything a student-athlete can possibly do. represent himself and Auburn in an outstanding way, graduate and use what he did in college to get his first job post graduation. his first job happens to be cashing checks with an nfl team. most grads would like to have the checks he is about to cash. then he has a degree and charity work to fall back on ... not to mention the admiration of the fan base of a major college. sounds like good choices to me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is flabbergasting to me my friends. Never thought CJ would get drafted in the 5th. Let alone even drafted. This is great!

Gus underutilizes tight ends. Always has. lutz and Cj should have been targeted more during their time here

Gus underutilizes tight ends. Always has. lutz and Cj should have been targeted more during their time here

Well Nick just couldn't it to CJ a ton of the time, I think that was the biggest issue.

Lutz is a different situation

Meh. Neither guy had the athleticism to really exploit defenses. Both were solid pass catchers with big bodies. If you're not struggling to move the chains, possession receivers have less value. CJ probably would've gotten more looks if we had less success running the ball last year (eliminating the pass on 3rd and 4 or less) or Duke Williams was less good. Williams was essentially a better version of what CJ offered, big body with good hands.

Really happy for CJ. Like I said, he's a reliable pass catcher and an underrated edge blocker. If you spread people out to run the ball, he's a really, really good player, and he can absolutely provide a big target for Dalton. Plus, he's a high character guy that has shown a willingness to sacrifice. Perfect for special teams.

CAP to Carolina is the first prediction I got right

dont worry. I still havn't gotten one right.

Auburn has had 5 players drafted this year so far. Hoping Reese makes it 6.

CJ Uzomah being taken before Nick O'Leary is shocking to me. if you asked me before the draft who I thought the best TE in college football was, I'd say O'Leary

CJ Uzomah being taken before Nick O'Leary is shocking to me. if you asked me before the draft who I thought the best TE in college football was, I'd say O'Leary

Cincy needs a legit hybrid because their receivers outside of Green are yikes

Uzomah gives them that more than Leary I suppose

Center isn't a huge need in the NFL. They play longer and rarely get hurt. May be best if Reese doesn't get drafted and enter FA to pick a team that may have interest where he'd have a better shot at playing.

Neither QB from the 08 Iron Bowl was drafted.

Don't believe Nick or Reese will be drafted today.

At this stage they'd be just as well off with a FA invite and maybe two or more teams will show interest. Somebody will bring them into camp.

Archived