Softball vs. South Alabama - Regional Final

Hitting with runners in scoring position really causing problems for this team....games much closer than they could/should be putting lots of pressure on the pitchers.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fly ball to right field and somehow it drops against the wall. runner ends up at 3rd after some confusion bwteen melero and estell to get the ball in. Slow grounder to short...fagan looks the runner back to 3rd and throws to first not in time. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

Grounder to 1st....Rhodes throws home to get the lead runner...Ball is in time but wallace is run over at home plate ball gets loose and runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. Wallace is down.

Never want to see this. They are bringing the stretcher out for Carlee Wallace.... Hope its only precaution..

My question through all of that is did the runner touch home plate at all?? Was concentrating on the collision at home plate and didn't notice if she actually touched the base. Umpire did give the safe sign.

South alabama player is visibly upset over this. Definitely not what she intended.

looked like she was knocked out when her head hit the ground...which is rock hard.

Anna Gibbs in to catch for Carlee Wallace. Wallace left the field on a stretcher and will be taken to east alabama medical center I'm sure. She was wearing a neck brace.

I'm not sure what we are waiting on now unless the ambulance is still on the field. Apparently it was. south with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out bottom 4th. Auburn leads 2-1

meanwhile, seems we might have swapped the out for the run....now still only one out with 2 runners on

Praying for Wallace. Let's go Ladies, get it back together. Leadership needs to step up and get their heads back in the game.

Delay continues as Myers is discussing something with the home plate umpire. Then the entire crew get together, now home plate umpire is talking to the myers and the other two umpires join him. So we have all 3 umpires discussing something with Myers. I'm guessing they are talking about when time was called and if the runners should be moved back a base.

anybody know what Clint's argument is ?

Now the umpires are talking to the south alabama head coach. Hopefully we can get this resolved and play softball again.

Myers is a class act. He is firm and relentless in his discussions but he always uses restraint. The umps usually listen to him with respect.

Looks like the chief umpire has come down to the field with a book to determine how to proceed.

2nd time this year I've seen Myers enter into a discussion with the umpires that ended up with the umpiring chief coming down to the field to get an answer. Myers knows his stuff for sure. Umpires are frantically looking throw a spiral book to find the answer to whatever the discussion was about.

Whatever the delay was, it looks like we are ready to play again. south with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in the bottom of the 4th inning. 35 minute delay that included the injury to Carlee Wallace.. umpires are giving Davis warm up pitches now.

Archived