WCWS vs. Florida - semi-finals

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope there are some folks to welcome them home....they deserve some congrats in person when they get back to campus.

....... Carasone should have never been sent home on a ball that was just in the edge of the grass.....

If I had to critique one thing in this game, it would be the 3rd base coach sending her (4th inning). She started on 2nd and the hit was a one-hop rocket to a center fielder that was playing very shallow. The only way she's not out is if one of the Florida players, CF or catcher, makes a bad play. I know we wanted the run but the next batter was more likely to get a clean hit than was Carasone to score from 2nd base on that play.

Now that it's over, great season, great job coaches and players. Everybody associated with AU is very proud of the team. For me, this has been a long time coming. When Jane B. Moore field was new, I'd stand around with (then) Swimming Coach David Marsh and gossip about early times at our old high school, Southwest Miami. So yes, I've been waiting a long time for softball success.

I won't lie. I never follow Softball, and couldn't tell you a single players name. I am however very proud of the team and how the represented AU. Congrats for such a great year, and hopefully it's something to build upon for next year!

War Eagle!!

The Women Tigers had an awesome year. Congrats to all the players and all coaches. Can't wait for the 2016 season to get here.

The Women Tigers had an awesome year. Congrats to all the players and all coaches. Can't wait for the 2016 season to get here.

OK. Who are you and what have you done with auburn4ever?

Before this year, I had never watched womens softball. But after watching our lady Tigers play, I am hooked.

OK. Who are you and what have you done with auburn4ever?

Good question...................

I only watched the two complete games this weekend and snippets from a few others, but our girls were fun to watch. They played with a lot of spirit and grit. Congratulations to them for an awesome season. It sure is good for Auburn to have them go so far in the World Series. Great job!!!

Anyone know when the team is arriving back in Auburn? For those living close please help to give these ladies a hero's welcome. They have demonstrated the spirit, work ethic and class that Auburn is all about. Also if anyone attends their return and takes pictures please post. War Eagle ladies! What a great season. The entire Auburn family is so proud of you.

Anyone know when the team is arriving back in Auburn? For those living close please help to give these ladies a hero's welcome. They have demonstrated the spirit, work ethic and class that Auburn is all about. Also if anyone attends their return and takes pictures please post. War Eagle ladies! What a great season. The entire Auburn family is so proud of you.

@Auburn_Softball: Can't wait to be back in #Auburn! Welcome the team back at approx. 4:30 tomorrow at the McWhorter Center. #WarEagle http://t.co/AOgWtuVTns

What a great team with a fighting spirit that never gives up.

Before this year, I had never watched womens softball. But after watching our lady Tigers play, I am hooked.

Shocker....

that you've never cared to watch a game.

Shocker....

Until the SEC Network...it has been hard to catch a Softball game when you don't live local. You have a hard time trying to find it to listen too much less watching it.

Shocker....

Until the SEC Network...it has been hard to catch a Softball game when you don't live local. You have a hard time trying to find it to listen too much less watching it.

That's true, the radio coverage doesn't go far. Anybody that hasn't been to a softball game at Jane B. Moore field should make it a point to attend at least one. It's a great facility with a great atmosphere. If you have small kids or grandkids you can just turn 'em loose and let 'em run. Many coaches and athletes of other sports show up for a relaxing evening and they have been unanimously friendly and willing to talk about their own sports as well as softball.

Try it, you'll like it!

Shocker....

That's true, the radio coverage doesn't go far. Anybody that hasn't been to a softball game at Jane B. Moore field should make it a point to attend at least one. It's a great facility with a great atmosphere. If you have small kids or grandkids you can just turn 'em loose and let 'em run. Many coaches and athletes of other sports show up for a relaxing evening and they have been unanimously friendly and willing to talk about their own sports as well as softball.

Try it, you'll like it!

sounds nice...one of the last remnants of amateur sports left around.

I went to see the AU golf team play a match down near Charleston last year and wandered around talking to parents of the players ...AU and other schools....and chatted with a couple AU coaches who thanked me for being there. A different world huh?

Shocker....

Try it, you'll like it!

I went to see the AU golf team play a match down near Charleston last year and wandered around talking to parents of the players ...AU and other schools....and chatted with a couple AU coaches who thanked me for being there. A different world huh?

I was hoping that I would have had some time this past weekend to get over to where the Golf team was playing in Bradenton but was tied up with a memorial for my Father-in-Law all day and had to leave Sunday. I do like going to minor league baseball games as they are pretty fun and when my kids were little they had a good time at them.

Shocker....

Try it, you'll like it!

College golf is great I will say there are time some parents can get in the way similar to baseball. If the coach is strong it never becomes an issue. This is one issue I am an expert on.

I won't lie. I never follow Softball, and couldn't tell you a single players name. I am however very proud of the team and how the represented AU. Congrats for such a great year, and hopefully it's something to build upon for next year!

War Eagle!!

i think a lot of us are in this boat. I follow football but this success has really caught my eye and i have a new found interest in auburn softball because of this team. Super proud of them.

Archived