2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

In the 24/7 free story he said he would come back in the summer with a DE, LB & WR from his team. Any idea whi these players are and our interest?

This I don't like. There was a guy last year or year before that tried to get his friend(s) signed along with him as part of a package deal. IIRC UGA got stuck with the friend and missed on the Big One.

I'm glad he's coming back but the "bringing friends" thing leaves me cold.

if they are 2017 recruits as mentioned then we don't have to worry too much about that. They'll have to earn that offer and if they are really great then we'll have the upper hand.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC offering a prospect to intice another happened at AU not long ago; brothers from FL, one played S and the other CB. The more talented brother plays for Clemson and is starting. His brother just transfered from AU, last name was Alexander.

IIRC offering a prospect to intice another happened at AU not long ago; brothers from FL, one played S and the other CB. The more talented brother plays for Clemson and is starting. His brother just transfered from AU, last name was Alexander.

Nice username.

wow the guy who creates way too many pages of nonsense for me to read is telling people to stop, guess this one is more important .

It's a tradition.

like no other!!! in my best jim nantz voice for you golf, lol

Hush

lol :bow: :bow:

Since I read where he roomed with Cowart can someone explain how players living quarters work? Do they have to stay on campus or how does that work now?

In the 24/7 free story he said he would come back in the summer with a DE, LB & WR from his team. Any idea whi these players are and our interest?

This I don't like. There was a guy last year or year before that tried to get his friend(s) signed along with him as part of a package deal. IIRC UGA got stuck with the friend and missed on the Big One.

I remember that happening to clempson with nkemdiche.

Can't say for sure, but could that have happened with the Alexander kid that we signed thinking his brother may sign (the one that starts for Clemson now)

Maybe he just wants his teammates to consider looking at AU where they might not have given AU a first look. Let's see how this plays out before considering the worst from the kid especially if they are not 2016 folks but later. Who knows one of these kids may turn out to be a start for us in the future. Hopefully, when you are talking to people about schools you do bring up AU for consideration and let people know facts about AU...we do this in our club for kids considering college choices. Hard to compete for talent if your name is not out there or facts known about your college. And how many kids do we pull from the North East? Very few because it isn't sold up there as much...so how about we let this play out before we start talking package deals... Just saying..

I remember that happening to clempson with nkemdiche.

Can't say for sure, but could that have happened with the Alexander kid that we signed thinking his brother may sign (the one that starts for Clemson now)

I was always under the impression that was the case.

Since I read where he roomed with Cowart can someone explain how players living quarters work? Do they have to stay on campus or how does that work now?

There is no word of them rooming together this past weekend. They hung out & Gary may have spent the night in the hotel w/ his mom. Where they roomed was at The Opening last summer for sure. As for how it works, recruits can stay the night on campus with players or in the hotel.

There is no word of them rooming together this past weekend. They hung out & Gary may have spent the night in the hotel w/ his mom. Where they roomed was at The Opening last summer for sure. As for how it works, recruits can stay the night on campus with players or in the hotel.

To add to this, I lived in S. Donahue during the 2013 season, and there were football players a couple of doors down. Quite often after games, the recruits that were there would come hang out after the game at the player's dorm, usually just playing Xbox or something. It gave the recruits a chance to experience college social life a bit as well as gave them a tour of the dorms with someone they saw as a peer. It was always kinda funny though when the football players forgot their keys when they had recruits with them, because all of the RA's were at the football game and usually hadn't gotten back yet, so all the players could do was go to the common area and watch TV.

On one recruiting trip to AU they put me with this guy for two horrifying nights. He was something like 6'4" 260 in 1970 and here I am 5'9" 150 socking wet. No one else would room with him at Sewell. Scared the living hell out of me. Can't tell you the story of what happen the Sat. night after the game was over and he shows up at his room at 3:00 in the morning.

11rskfr.jpg

On one recruiting trip to AU they put me with this guy for two horrifying nights. He was something like 6'4" 260 in 1970 and here I am 5'9" 150 socking wet. No one else would room with him at Sewell. Scared the living hell out of me. Can't tell you the story of what happen the Sat. night after the game was over and he shows up at his room at 3:00 in the morning.

11rskfr.jpg

Did you call his daddy? That would have been a lot of beef in the room!

11rskfr.jpg

No I was more scare of his dad. Gene, his dad, could cuss with the best of them.

11rskfr.jpg

No I was more scare of his dad. Gene, his dad, could cuss with the best of them.

Gene was a character for those who didn't know or didn't remember he was the O-line coach and he was a tough son of a gun. Who when he opened his mouth to get his point across to a player would have made any Navy Chief or Marine Gunnery Sargent proud.

11rskfr.jpg

Gene was a character for those who didn't know or didn't remember he was the O-line coach and he was a tough son of a gun. Who when he opened his mouth to get his point across to a player would have made any Navy Chief or Marine Gunnery Sargent proud.

Gene Lorendo to OT Richard Cheek, seen and heard in person by me at a practice session: "The best part of you ran down your mother's leg."

Wow, I am really impressed that a thread can go on and on and on.....about pretty much anything other than the recruit whom the thread is about. Good job guys!! :Sing:

Rivals national guy says this is a AU vs Mich battle right now. I like it. His visit went VERY well I'm told.

It's Adam Friedman and he says he believes it's AU and Michigan, not that it actually is. Still a positive though.

Archived