2017 4* LB Markail Benton (Bama 6/10/16)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, trout54 said:

"I like cooking my family and my pets."......................................  See how important commas can be?  lol.  I'm just picking with you, Plainsman.  ;-)

I, hear, you.  Sometimes proper punctuation is difficult on my iPhone for some reason.  

Btw, What time is dinner?

19 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We need to remember that these guys are just kids, sometimes confused kids. And sometimes kids that have been misled by coaches. If he's willing to give us another look then maybe he is admitting he was wrong. We shouldn't be talking smack about any kid we've been recruiting. At least until signing day is over. But then again, let's be happy with who we get and not worry about those that don't become Tigers.

Amen my friend & I would welcome this young man to the Tiger's Den.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Amen my friend & I would welcome this young man to the Tiger's Den.

If Bama can forgive RFs AU tattoo, we can overlook an untimely comment or two. WDE!

41 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If Bama can forgive RFs AU tattoo, we can overlook an untimely comment or two. WDE!

A tattoo, is something you do bc you like one school, not something you do against a school. I don't see Sabear giving a kid another chance if he publicly said he couldn't do his job and his staff was garbage. 

Call me different, but I seriously hope he signs anywhere but AU.  He didn't appreciate the chance to play football for AU and receive thousands of dollars of free school...he showed what that means to him. We have the same staff as before, its time to teach young men a lesson in the real world. If I went to the office tomorrow and said " all you guys suck eggs I'm leaving for your competition" and then get turned away from  the new job, what happens? I would be sleeping in and not making money!

8 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

this guy is going to be a problem wherever he goes.....druther it be somewhere beside AU

I agree with the person who said the same exact things were said about reuben and yah he had a slow start to his career but he will be a first round draft pick. Yes I know markail does not have the abilities of reuben but benton still is good. I prefer taylor but if we miss I would love to add benton.

I know Benton is really good friends with Brossuard, were they teammates? Maybe he came to visit and talk with him about his first year on campus. I honestly think Benton could be a first round pick, but he has a lot to do to get there. He has a higher ceiling than any of our commits other than TD imo. He also may never play 1 down of college football anywhere & that's the risk with him but well worth taking as a 4th.

11 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I know Benton is really good friends with Brossuard, were they teammates? Maybe he came to visit and talk with him about his first year on campus. I honestly think Benton could be a first round pick, but he has a lot to do to get there. He has a higher ceiling than any of our commits other than TD imo. He also may never play 1 down of college football anywhere & that's the risk with him but well worth taking as a 4th.

I bet a lot of folks would have said a lot of the exact same things about Reuben Foster. No, I'm not saying this kid has anywhere near the potential, but he could be a massive step down from Foster- a guaranteed first rounder- and still be an extremely productive player. 

And that's not a "so-and-so says hi" comment. Just agreeing and offering an example that might support your point.

With the visit being leaked it's highly unlikely that he'll be flipping. I knew he was coming but didn't say anything, Jlee however felt it was his civil duty to tell the world about it... kinda like Warblogle did with Dwatson

Sending out a tweet with "business decision time" and a $ bag at the end, does not sound like he would be heading our direction.  But that stuff gets hacked all the time, right. 

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

With the visit being leaked it's highly unlikely that he'll be flipping. I knew he was coming but didn't say anything, Jlee however felt it was his civil duty to tell the world about it... kinda like Warblogle did with Dwatson

And while I don't think it cost us Dwatson  it sure didn't help.

28 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

did UAT take away his escalade or something? Is he actually considering AU?

On #2. Yes but his dad seems to be trying to put a stop to it.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On #2. Yes but his dad seems to be trying to put a stop to it.

is his dad the one who is a big alabama fan? I think I remember 1 of his parents is the auburn fan and the other is bama.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

is his dad the one who is a big alabama fan? I think I remember 1 of his parents is the auburn fan and the other is bama.

Titan covered all that really matter on that topic in his post.

Have seen him multiple times...can play lights out but takes a lot of plays off...attitude is a big problem...not on my radar

38 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

"Business decisions", parent(s) wanting kid to go to UAT... we've seen this same movie before

I hope bama outbids all others! I hope they go broke 

1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

I hope bama outbids all others! I hope they go broke 

I don't want this kid here. However, the coaches haven't listened to me since I was explaining to Coach Gene Lorendo how come Harry Unger cut his finger while castrating a pig in a lab I was teaching.

Archived