2017 4* LB Markail Benton (Bama 6/10/16)

WarEagleAU

Some insiders are not as confident as they were FWIW.

Not as confident as I was a few days ago. Never know its just recruitin

As long as you remain confident in your PBR I trust you

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Keith247Sports 1h1 hour ago

4-star LB Markail Benton now announcing commitment noon THURSDAY --- no longer doing it Friday. #Auburn #Alabama

I believe its back to Friday again.

Apparently so.

@Keith247Sports 40m40 minutes ago

Welp, now 4-star LB Markail Benton's announcement is back on for Friday at noon. #Auburn #Alabama

He wearing an Auburn zip up hoodie in his Twitter background pic - that's gotta count for something lol.

If he puts it off until Saturday, does that mean there are now three teams in the picture?

If he puts it off until Saturday, does that mean there are now three teams in the picture?

Lol.No. It's AU or Bama.

Benton seems hit or miss. Don't feel good about it at all. Frick. Taking this crap to the meltdown thread.

^FWIW his most recent CB, this morning, is to Auburn. Plus, he left T-Town after just a day. Turds are still a possibility--maybe he made up his mind quickly--but all signs seem to be pointing to us.

^FWIW his most recent CB, this morning, is to Auburn.

The only CBs worth watching are Keith's & Hank South from Bama's 247 site. Keith has AU for now. South is waiting til the Bama camps are over to make a pick but he was leaning AU a few days ago.

The only CBs worth watching are Keith's & Hank South from Bama's 247 site. Keith has AU for now. South is waiting til the Bama camps are over to make a pick but he was leaning AU a few days ago.

Hank says bama

Hank says bama

eff

Hank says bama

4 hours ago he was leaning AU then he got info that MB is supposedly Bama bound.

Hank says bama

4 hours ago he was leaning AU then he got info that MB is supposedly Bama bound.

What I was told hope I'm wrong...it's recruiting.

If Benton picks Bama I don't see this as a big loss at all as long we finish with at least 2 more of the other talented LBs in the South we are in on. There is no question MB has a lot of potential. He has a good frame & a good Soph season. However, given his frame, potential skill set, & the solid D Line in front of him he should have made more than 32 plays in 11 games his Jr year. 247 & ESPN has him in the top 50 in the nation & I think that is overrated right now. Rivals on the other hand has tracked and adjusted their ranking of his based off his Jr season. He was a 5* on Rivals initially but dropped all the way out of the 250 today. It was not 1 big ratings move either. Before today he had dropped to #246.

I'll welcome him w/ open arms if he chooses AU but I'm not going to lose sleep if he chooses Bama.

Archived