2018 4* Juco DT Daquan Newkirk (Auburn 6/18/15)

McLoofus

Read he is 252 pds now. Mathews has a nice article available on him where his coach says he realy cMe into his own this spring and became so dominant that he would not let his own team tackle him because he might hurt them. He is seriously going to blow up this fall.

Probably just forgot to mention: Said one of the reasons he choose AU is because the coaching staff is so Christ-led!

"It was just the coaching staff and the way they conduct themselves around their players and the way they love on one another. It's just a brotherhood around here," Newkirk said. "They're Christ-led. What can I say, they're good people, good quality people." - See more at: https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1776042#sthash.P5tyUJhr.dpuf

Edited by AU-24

I suspect he will jump up the boards quickly and hit 4 stars with multiple services. Probably one of those deals where a coach of ours saw him and knew he was an immediate take.

Sammy Coates

The offer that stands out to me is the one from Cincinnati.

I'm not sure I should say this out loud, but I am not opposed to following Tubbs around and seeing who he likes ... then try to steal a few. Tubbs knows hidden talent. (it was competing for the higher ranked recruits that proved more difficult)

Tubs damn sure got lucky on a few after Jay handcuffed him and his staff on the recruiting trail.

Keep speaking the truth; amen brother!

Serious question. How did Jay handcuff Tubs? I always read that Tubs & his staff would rather duck hunt than recruit.

Read he is 252 pds now. Mathews has a nice article available on him where his coach says he realy cMe into his own this spring and became so dominant that he would not let his own team tackle him because he might hurt them. He is seriously going to blow up this fall.

He was hurting them. He knocked 4 out in Spring practice.

Wow!

This kid could finish top 15 in DE rankings when all is said and done. Really really lucky to get him on board as early as we did. Boykin commitment looking like a real thing here in the next couple hours.

Newkirk is definitely on the rise.

Aren't we glad we offered and got the verbal from Mr. Newkirk while he was flying under the radar?

Wow!

Do you or anyone else really believe that?

wde

Wow!

wde

It came from his high school coach so TIFWIW.

Wow!

wde

I think you get off on arguing the negative side of things. Life is short, go grab a drink or a beer; hang out with some friends and smile a little.

Glad to have this young man!! He will be a solid 4-star across the recruiting sites by mid October. We need to keep him in the fold without a doubt.

Wow!

wde

I think you get off on arguing the negative side of things. Life is short, go grab a drink or a beer; hang out with some friends and smile a little.

Only on message boards where there are multiple cotton candy eaters and kool aid drinkers. I hang out with friends and family and smile all of the time. I have a big grin on my face reading and responding to your post.

wde

I suspect he will jump up the boards quickly and hit 4 stars with multiple services. Probably one of those deals where a coach of ours saw him and knew he was an immediate take.

Sammy Coates

I'm not sure I should say this out loud, but I am not opposed to following Tubbs around and seeing who he likes ... then try to steal a few. Tubbs knows hidden talent. (it was competing for the higher ranked recruits that proved more difficult)

Tubs damn sure got lucky on a few after Jay handcuffed him and his staff on the recruiting trail.

Keep speaking the truth; amen brother!

Serious question. How did Jay handcuff Tubs? I always read that Tubs & his staff would rather duck hunt than recruit.

We need to just let this one be IMO.

Sammy Coates

;D I like it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AUBURN, Ala. | First Academy (Orlando, Fla.) defensive end Daquan Newkirk visited Auburn over the weekend for the first time since his commitment in June, and he plans to return several more times in the fall.

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound pass rusher from Orlando, Fla. has all of his attention focused on his future at Auburn. He's not considering any other offers or visits, especially after his three-day stay on the Plains.

"I committed last month and I am solid," Newkirk said Saturday. "I've been solid and that won't change."

Newkirk spent the weekend meeting fellow recruits and talking with several of the Auburn coaches. He spoke to area recruiter Scott Fountain, defensive line coach Rodney Garner, defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and Coach Gus Malzahn.

"I also talked to most of the commitments," Newkirk said. "I talked to Woody Barrett, Landon Rice and Calvin Ashley. It was great to be able to talk to the recruits. Auburn is doing great recruiting-wise."

Newkirk will be back in Auburn in September to aide the Tigers' efforts as much as possible. If Auburn is playing at home, Newkirk plans to be there.

"I'm coming back for four games that will be unofficial visits," Newkirk said. "And I'm coming to the Iron Bowl for my official visit."

There's a reason he plans several visits to Auburn.

"I love it there," Newkirk said. "Auburn is my new home."

AuburnSports.com