2018 4* Juco DT Daquan Newkirk (Auburn 6/18/15)

McLoofus

It's not over yet PT

So should we start melting?

No not at out but nothing is ever 100% in recruitin

durn it.

J. Lee just tweeted all of his TDs last weekend. I understand the competition was weak...but still.....WOW!

I saw the tweets too. It looked like he was playing against a jv football team.

J. Lee just tweeted all of his TDs last weekend. I understand the competition was weak...but still.....WOW!

I saw the tweets too. It looked like he was playing against a jv football team.

He almost was Calvary Christian has about 400 students total

I had a job interview in Tampa. Is that close to any of these schools golf?

Edited by cole256

Calvary Christian is in Clearwater while First Academy is in Orlando. FA has about 1200 student PK thru 12. Also Daquan played at Evans High in Orlando, which is where Tony Stevens played, before transferring to FC

Daq was just updated to the #1 player Central Fl. Super 60 and # 25 in State of Fl.

Golf, just curious as to which service or paper, etc. just did this. His recruiting is going to amp way up. I hope with our early offer to him that he feels strongly about staying with us.

Daq was just updated to the #1 player Central Fl. Super 60 and # 25 in State of Fl.

Golf, just curious as to which service or paper, etc. just did this. His recruiting is going to amp way up. I hope with our early offer to him that he feels strongly about staying with us.

Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Sentinel

Thanks Golf. I was guessing that. Hope he sticks with us. The Orlando Sentinal had that writer that hates AU and was killing us while Cam was in school. Can't remember his name. I'm sure you do though. I hated that guy.

mike bianchi

Orlando Sentinel

Thanks Golf. I was guessing that. Hope he sticks with us. The Orlando Sentinal had that writer that hates AU and was killing us while Cam was in school. Can't remember his name. I'm sure you do though. I hated that guy.

mike bianchi

Orlando Sentinel

:hellyeah:

mike bianchi

Orlando Sentinel

mike bianchi

^^This^^

• 1 month later...

Is he a solid commitment? I sure hope so. I wish there could be some type of a pre-signing day commitment that pretty much stops other schools from trying to get a recruit to switch. This would take some of the pressure off of the student in order to get his academics in line. The whole recruiting process has gotten way out of hand.

In all likelihood, this only going to get worse with each passing year. We will do fine for 2016 when it is all said and done. We will have a top 12 class and likely to finish in the SEC around 5th spot. I no longer worry about not doing better than other SEC teams. We were the only team in the entire country to have the most 4 star recruits in the country with a total of 19. I will take classes like this any day any year. We always manage to have a lot of good talent year in and out.

Edited by doc4aday

• 2 months later...

I've heard more recent comments that he is looking at not qualifying. Does anyone know anything on this?

I've heard more recent comments that he is looking at not qualifying. Does anyone know anything on this?

The player himself could release such information, but grades, etc. are covered by the Privacy Act. The school, coaches and so forth are forbidden by law to comment. I've also heard rumblings but without a direct quote from the player or his parents there is nothing to go on. Our coaches will have a solid idea of his status but they cannot release that info to the public in any fashion.

Edited by Mikey

Well, the player probably released it then. It seems to be out there just like how we found out about Danfernee Mcgriff last year.

Per reports, having trouble linking, Coach Malzahn has helped get Newkirk lined up with a JUCO. Newkirk is still 100% on coming to Auburn once done there.