2016 3* DL Tashawn Manning (AU commit 6/19/15)

Maverick.AU

Apopka (Fla.) High DL Tashawn Manning @tashawn544 has committed to Auburn

@BMattAU

TASHAWN-MANNING-140324-1PRO.JPG

Tashawn Manning, DE

Apopka, FL (Wekiva)

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 270

- Recruiter: Scott Fountain

- Picked up AU offer 6/04/15

- Committed to AU 6/19/15

247Sports: 3*

ESPN: NR

Rivals: 2*

Scout: NR

Offers: Alcorn State, Auburn, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Idaho, Indiana, Louisville, Marshall, NC State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Carolina, Syracuse, UCF and West Virginia, among others.

Uf0_GHFat_1.jpg

Manning, the No. 18 player in the Sentinel's 2016 Central Florida Super60, is mostly considered a defensive tackle, but there are plenty, including his own position coach Max Purcell, who believe Manning will eventually be a college offensive tackle.

For Manning, it doesn't matter what he plays.

"Right now I am getting recruited as a D-tackle, but I don't mind playing O-tackle," Manning said. "I'll play both sides. I love football overall. As long as I'm playing football ... I'll play offense, I'll play defense, I'll play kick return, whatever."

http://www.orlandose...50417-post.html

Hudl Highlights

image.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this young man has a lot of potential, but he is way undersized for either offensive or defensive tackle. And does he have any experience at all playing defensive end?

Happy to have him and Newkirk since they want us which is not happening for higher ranked DLs. Hopefully CLT can use his experience as a DL coach to help CRG coach them up.

wde

He's got a good frame, but definitely will need a year in a college weight program. Watching his film, he seems to have a pretty dang quick first step. He's consistently a step or 2 ahead of the other DL. He also looks to have fairly good instincts and a nose for the ball. IMO that is more important than pure athleticism for a DL. We can get him in a S&C program and bulk him up, but re-teaching instincts is hard if not impossible.

I'm sure this young man has a lot of potential, but he is way undersized for either offensive or defensive tackle. And does he have any experience at all playing defensive end?

We are recruiting him at DT and he is 6"4, 270 per both Rivals and 247 commitment articles.

This is flipping ridiculous... Fire Garner!

Fountain is his lead recruiter. No word yet what his interactions with Garner is.

Happy to have him and Newkirk since they want us which is not happening for higher ranked DLs. Hopefully CLT can use his experience as a DL coach to help CRG coach them up.

wde

CLT has the DEs and OLBs exclusively. Garner has DTs. Garner will have Manning, CLT will have Newkirk.

Woody, Newkirk, and Manning all went to Evans High before transferring to separate schools.

wde

CLT has the DEs and OLBs exclusively. Garner has DTs. Garner will have Manning, CLT will have Newkirk.

I obviously missed it, but when was it made public that CLT was coaching DE's as well as OLB? So Garner is only coaching DT?

wde

Golf should know this kid. Hopefully he will know something about him.

Know of him but not much. He transferred to Wekiva when Evan High had to be closed and rebuilt. Wekiva plays in the largest classification just like Apopka , West Orange and Dr. Phillips. All three schools are geographically located close to each other. Plus First Academy is just down the road.

Golf should know this kid. Hopefully he will know something about him.

Know of him but not much. He transferred to Wekiva when Evan High had to be closed and rebuilt. Wekiva plays in the largest classification just like Apopka , West Orange and Dr. Phillips. All three schools are geographically located close to each other. Plus First Academy is just down the road.

Gotcha. Keep us updated this fall.

So, all of a sudden he weighs 270 and is a composite three star now. Not that I'm complaining but what happened? Earlier when I checked 247, he was a two star and 250.

I will trust our recent get's out of this area. Chandler Cox although two years ahead of the guys knows what they are about. Cox was also playing QB in those days. Woody Barrett also a QB in that area probably knows about these guys, and although under the radar to us, I am sure they are not to the high talent level in that part of FL.

Fountain may be our lead recruiter, class to date.

wde

I obviously missed it, but when was it made public that CLT was coaching DE's as well as OLB? So Garner is only coaching DT?

wde

A couple months ago in an article by Bryan Matthews. 2. yes. CLT has the Strong DE, the Buck whether he is standing or hand in the dirt, and the Sam LB and the Nickel since one replaces the other.

So, all of a sudden he weighs 270 and is a composite three star now. Not that I'm complaining but what happened? Earlier when I checked 247, he was a two star and 250.

Got rerated by at least 1 Site. #AuburnBump. lol

Archived