It was a blowout

torpedo1

The game just showed that we can run like crazy against an inferior team. Only 33% of our plays were passes. Once we get to around 35 to nothing should'nt we be practicing our pass plays? None our our recievers were impressive except for maybe mcIntyre. Would'dnt it have been a good game to test your quarterbacks and receivers and get them some practice. I know their defense was not good, but our guys will atlleast get to run their routes in game conditions. I did'nt get to listen to the game. Did ronnie or tre lineup as receivers??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie had 1 reception for 5 yards. Not sure about Tre.

Mcintyre played great.. he is our go to reciever now. He should be the one we go to when we need a big play.

You're not gonna hear me complain after a 73-7 whompin!

I was not impressed either....

Louisiana Monroe Auburn

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 8 29

Passing 4 12

Rushing 4 17

Penalty 0 0

3rd-Down Efficiency 3-14 4-10

4th-Down Efficiency 1-1 1-1

TOTAL NET YARDS 150 464

Total plays 57 65

Average gain 2.6 7.1

NET YARDS RUSHING 46 240

Rushes 32 43

Average per rush 1.4 5.6

NET YARDS PASSING 104 243

Completion-attempted 10-25 16-21

Yards per pass 4.2 11.6

Sacked-yards lost 0-0 1-19

Had intercepted 3 1

PUNTS-AVERAGE 10-29.5 3-55.0

RETURN YARDAGE 0 80

Punts-yards 0-0 3-65

Kickoffs-yards 6-150 2-70

Interceptions-yards 1-0 3-20

PENALTIES-YARDS 5-35 8-65

FUMBLES-LOST 1-1 1-0

It's hard to get excited about beating a team that only had 1 win, however, it's what AU was supposed to do. With these types of games the best thing to do is come out healthy and get some extra work in for the next game. Hopefully last week was used to work on the UM game plan cause AU is gonna need it!

I'm not big on comparing like opponents with teams on our schedule but Ole Miss beat Louisiana Monroe 59-14.. so, I think we put a lot more points on them than we were supposed to.

Also, it's hard to stay sharp in the second half when the halftime score is 45-0. BTW, anyone else see the the sign in the student section, "Fetsko for Heisman"?

:lol:

THIS IS MY FIRST POST, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR SOME TIME NOW. I THOUGHT THE BLOCKED PUNTS WERE AWSOME TODAY, EVEN IF THEY WERE AGAINST ULM. I HOPE THAT WE CAN DO MORE OF THIS TYPE OF SPECAIL TEAMS PLAY. I DO NOT RECALL ANOTHER BLOCKED PUNT THIS YEAR. COULD BE WRONG. IF NOT WHEN WAS THE LAST ONE ANBODY KNOW. I WISH NEXT WEEKS GAME WAS ON ESPN AT NIGHT, CAN NOT STAND DAY GAMES ON CBS.

Call me paranoid or trying to look at the negative, but there is one small stat about the game thet really annoys me. They got a sack on us. Heck, we did not even get a sack on them, but at least we had a few picks. I know that I am probably nitpicking, but that one sack given up against a pitiful team really bugs me for some reason.

Eli has me worried about next week. Good thing is that we can focus on the pass more since Ole Miss has lost their running game.

THIS IS MY FIRST POST, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR SOME TIME NOW. I THOUGHT THE BLOCKED PUNTS WERE AWSOME TODAY, EVEN IF THEY WERE AGAINST ULM. I HOPE THAT WE CAN DO MORE OF THIS TYPE OF SPECAIL TEAMS PLAY. I DO NOT RECALL ANOTHER BLOCKED PUNT THIS YEAR. COULD BE WRONG. IF NOT WHEN WAS THE LAST ONE ANBODY KNOW. I WISH NEXT WEEKS GAME WAS ON ESPN AT NIGHT, CAN NOT STAND DAY GAMES ON CBS.

About time you post. :lol: However, do us all a favor and turn the caps lock off. :P

guys - before you get TOO concerned about offensive stats, keep in mind that we blocked 3 punts, 1 for a TD, and had 2 INT's one for a TD.

that was two TD's that we couldn't score on offense.

I think we would have passed the ball more, but that would be construed as running up the score even more.

In this case we just kept running to run the clock out as fast as possible.

I just wasn't impressed at all today either. Infact I was down right scared. We looked horrible on defense. A 1-8 Sun Belt team was picking on our secondary! What do you think Ole Miss is going to do to us? And on offense, Jason's 2 longest passes would have been intercepted by any decent team, and if not, atleast knocked down. I thought we looked horrible. Not to mention their QB took off and ran like crazy on us it 3 or 4 times, and kick off coverage was terrible. Man, I can't believe I found this much to complain about after scoring 73 points!

I just wasn't impressed at all today either. Infact I was down right scared. We looked horrible on defense. A 1-8 Sun Belt team was picking on our secondary! What do you think Ole Miss is going to do to us? And on offense, Jason's 2 longest passes would have been intercepted by any decent team, and if not, atleast knocked down. I thought we looked horrible. Not to mention their QB took off and ran like crazy on us it 3 or 4 times, and kick off coverage was terrible. Man, I can't believe I found this much to complain about after scoring 73 points!

Yeah, I thought it would be all positive things too. I guess just looking at the score can be really decieving. Well, I just hope it helped our confidence level though. Especially JC with his fragile ego.

Hey cmon y'all, we scored over 70 points, which was far more than expected vs this team, and no matter how they picked us apart they only came away with 7, so hey im proud, we got the big "W".

I know eventually someone will come in with a comment along the lines of, "Aren't you guys ever happy??" But here goes......

There was a LOT to be concerned about, once you weigh in the dramatic difference in talent:

1. The offense was not as dominating as the score indicated. Yes, Auburn was by far the dominant team. But, Carnell's 72 yard run was all Carnell. The OL didn't block a soul, and the defense had Carnell for no gain, except that he spun out of the tackle. Auburn scored 1 TD on the blocked punt, 1 TD on the interception return, 1 blocked punt that gave us the ball around the 15, 1 fumble recovery that gave us the ball around the 12. The third blocked punt was a short field also.

So, the special teams played great today (well, except for kickoff coverage and a couple of REALLY bad kickoffs by Yost), and made the offense look better than they really were.

2. The OL, once again, played horribly. ULM actually got pressure on Campbell pretty regularly. The backs were dodging people in the backfield. Again, superior talent of our running backs were the difference.

3. Campbell looked HORRIBLE throwing the ball. He consistently underthrew receivers, making them wait for the ball. Or he completely missed wide open receivers. Once he threw the ball into the ground about FIVE YARDS in front of a wide open receiver on a 3rd down attempt, with no pressure. His first TD pass would have (and should have) been intercepted if it was an SEC cornerback.

4. The secondary was consistently beat. Also keep in mind that ULM played the entire game with their second string QB. Their 1st string QB didn't even make the trip. For those of you at the game, think about that. Also, the drop off in talent on our second string secondary is dramatic.

ULM lived up to their reputation coming in. It looked like the keystone cops at times, the way they were finding ways to screw up. The stats show only 3 fumbles, with ULM losing one. The ball was on the ground a lot more than that, though.

So, yeah, in a way it's sort of sad to be critical of such a lop-sided win. Auburn was vastly superior in all areas of the game. And maybe getting up for this game was tough and so Auburn just wasn't as sharp. Had Auburn played a perfectly executed game, it wouldn't have told us much. But playing like they did, regardless of the score when it was against such an overmatched opponent, is disconcerting.

Hey cmon y'all, we scored over 70 points, which was far more than expected vs this team, and no matter how they picked us apart they only came away with 7, so hey im proud, we got the big "W".

This was a no win game. Scoring over 70 pts looks a little over the top but......... guess I see this game as a bye week. Maybe I'm just too jaded, but until I see us match up with a quality team, and we're not the spoiler, and we show more than just 1 dimension - I'll be grumpy. Maybe its too late, but this team has too much talent not to show us once what its true potential was. I'll settle for one great game in 2003. And no, UT, Arkansas, or SW Whatever ain't it.

I was so unimpressed that I didn't even go to the game!!! Stayed home and painted the house, instead. I did listen, though! :au:

There is nothing to be happy about. Wow we beat another high school football team. Our offensive line needs a lot of work..and Jason Campbell needs to learn to throw ahead of his receivers, he has a strong arm.

I am sick of beating teams like LA Monroe, W KY, Vandy, and Miss St.. I want to beat good teams. At the time, I thought Tenn and Ark were good.. but they both have shown to be not that great.

I was looking forward to this season so much.. and now a lot of fans and I are disappointed. This season has flew by.. and I havn't really been happy with our team yet. I hate it for all the seniors that might have stayed just beacuse they thought they had a great chance at winning the national championship.

--------

From an anonymous source (equip guy at auburn):

All 3 games that Auburn has lost.. this guy said that the practices have been real light and they didn't hit much.. most likely because they didn't want to get anyone hurt. He said that all the games that Auburn has won.. they have had more physical practices.

---------

That is just what this guy says.. but it gives you something to think about before this Saturday when Ole Miss is going to pass all over us and kill us worse than anytime they have played yet this year.

LSU:49 La Tech: 0 @ Halftime, 49-0 final score. :)

AU:45 La-Monroe:0 @ halftime, 73-7 final. :unsure:

Very Classy Tubbs.

We can't beat a quality opponents, but we can sure pile on La-Monroe. I'm embarrassed. I noticed that ESPN gameday took a swipe at AU (several times) for this score. Since when is beating a 1-8 school a big game/ big "W"??? Is that how far our program has regressed? After I watched the game, I still don't think the coaching staff "gets it".

USC stayed in the game with Ole Miss because they can throw the ball. Let's hope that between now and Saturday we can learn to pass. Else, it's going to be a long day...

I have read this forum for quite a while but this is my first post. Thank God there are some fans who feel the same way I do about this blowout :bawling::bawling: . We knew we were gonna kill them so why didn't we let the passing game work out some of it's kinks. I was shocked that Jason got no action in the second half, especially after ending the first half with a sack and an INT. Now I realize, that some one will respond with the injury factor, but I think his chance of a practice injury is probably greater. Just wished we'd had some more gamelike experience for the QB.

I was impressed with the game. We won by a lot. I liked how we held on to our lead. I don't care who we play. I'm just glad that our 2nd and 3rd strings didn't give up like 3 or 4 touchdowns in the second half. I know we have a lot to work on but were heading in the right direction. I think we will beat ole miss. I hope I am right.

WARRR EAGLE

Despite my whining I think we did what we were supposed to do. We should beat Ole Miss, we're a better team than them. The only game we've lost we should have won is GT. When you consider that two of our losses came to teams that are ranked #2 and #4, we shouldn't be pressing the panic button. I feel better now.

Some of y'all wouldnt be happy with anything auburn does....cmon y 'all we WON the damn game. And dont bring this stupid **** that we arent classy for scoring that much....i remember seeing alot of 2nd and even 3rd string guys in the 3rd and 4th quarters...hell carnell and ronnie didnt even see playing time in the last half....so dont give me this **** that now not only does auburn suck...were classless.....You know I think if auburn wins out someone is still going to be unhappy about either of the games we play.

How about for once we stop whining over every damn thing and stop pointing fingers. Lets analyze the problems instead of complaining about them....its obviously not working whining about this and that.

LSU:49 La Tech: 0 @ Halftime, 49-0 final score. :)

AU:45 La-Monroe:0 @ halftime, 73-7 final. :unsure:

Very Classy Tubbs.

We can't beat a quality opponents, but we can sure pile on La-Monroe. I'm embarrassed. I noticed that ESPN gameday took a swipe at AU (several times) for this score. Since when is beating a 1-8 school a big game/ big "W"??? Is that how far our program has regressed? After I watched the game, I still don't think the coaching staff "gets it".

USC stayed in the game with Ole Miss because they can throw the ball. Let's hope that between now and Saturday we can learn to pass. Else, it's going to be a long day...

What was we supposed to do after the half quit playing and let Lousiania Monroe score at will? We did pull most of the starters after the half and we actually had Wesley Hill in at QB and Tre Smith at TB the last drive. Tommy Tuberville had him take a knee with 35 seconds to go to prevent our third string from putting 7 more on them making it 80 to 7.

If some of these smaller schools do not want to take these whippings then they need to stay out of Division 1A and play against similar competition. There are too many Division 1A teams and games like this are the result of teams getting in over their heads. ULM used this as a payday and they knew it was going to be a big loss.

Archived