It was a blowout

torpedo1

LSU:49 La Tech: 0 @ Halftime, 49-0 final score. :)

AU:45 La-Monroe:0 @ halftime, 73-7 final. :unsure:

Very Classy Tubbs.

We can't beat a quality opponents, but we can sure pile on La-Monroe. I'm embarrassed. I noticed that ESPN gameday took a swipe at AU (several times) for this score. Since when is beating a 1-8 school a big game/ big "W"??? Is that how far our program has regressed? After I watched the game, I still don't think the coaching staff "gets it".

USC stayed in the game with Ole Miss because they can throw the ball. Let's hope that between now and Saturday we can learn to pass. Else, it's going to be a long day...

Actually the final score of the LSU game was 49-10... Helps your credibility to actually get things right...

Anyway, are you really embarrassed to be an auburn fan after that?? I'm not so sure you atually saw that game... Did you see Carnell or Ronnie brown in the game the second half, or even much of the second quarter?? NO.. Our starters on defense were sitting the entire second half. Our 4th string WR blocked TWO PUNTS, and recovered one of them for a TD. Do you expect our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players NOT TO PLAY and try to execute when given the opportunity?? Now, let me break it down for you.... We had THREE BLOCKED PUNTS, one recovered for a td, and the other two recovered inside the 30 yard line(one at the 11). We had two INTs, one returned for a TD, and the other at their 32 yard line(or there abouts), and i believe we also recovered a fumble deep in their territory. So thats SIX (6) POSSESSIONS that we started INSIDE their 35 yard line, and scored on most of those possessions with backup players that will likely never get on the field the rest of the season. And we took a knee in the final minute inside their 10 yard line... What do you expect them to do??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LSU:49 La Tech: 0 @ Halftime, 49-0 final score. :)

AU:45 La-Monroe:0 @ halftime, 73-7 final. :unsure:

Very Classy Tubbs.

We can't beat a quality opponents, but we can sure pile on La-Monroe. I'm embarrassed. I noticed that ESPN gameday took a swipe at AU (several times) for this score. Since when is beating a 1-8 school a big game/ big "W"??? Is that how far our program has regressed? After I watched the game, I still don't think the coaching staff "gets it".

USC stayed in the game with Ole Miss because they can throw the ball. Let's hope that between now and Saturday we can learn to pass. Else, it's going to be a long day...

Actually the final score of the LSU game was 49-10... Helps your credibility to actually get things right...

Anyway, are you really embarrassed to be an auburn fan after that?? I'm not so sure you atually saw that game... Did you see Carnell or Ronnie brown in the game the second half, or even much of the second quarter?? NO.. Our starters on defense were sitting the entire second half. Our 4th string WR blocked TWO PUNTS, and recovered one of them for a TD. Do you expect our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players NOT TO PLAY and try to execute when given the opportunity?? Now, let me break it down for you.... We had THREE BLOCKED PUNTS, one recovered for a td, and the other two recovered inside the 30 yard line(one at the 11). We had two INTs, one returned for a TD, and the other at their 32 yard line(or there abouts), and i believe we also recovered a fumble deep in their territory. So thats SIX (6) POSSESSIONS that we started INSIDE their 35 yard line, and scored on most of those possessions with backup players that will likely never get on the field the rest of the season. And we took a knee in the final minute inside their 10 yard line... What do you expect them to do??

I agree totally. So, according to raven, we're supposed to be embarrassed because we beat our cupcake by more than LSU beat theirs? What the...? AU wins, CTT is classless (even though the ENTIRE roster played), AU loses against top 10 teams, CTT is mediocre.

There sure are a lot of perfect people who post here.

WDE! :au:

lol notice how this thread is quiet now.... ;)

I actually have a life and don't spend every waking moment lurking/posting on WEN.

Aupcolatiger-

If the only thing that you can find is a typo to pick apart my "credibilty", then perhaps I can have you proofread my posts prior to submission.

The fact of the matter was that our running game did not need work, the passing game did. JC had 13 attempts(1 sack/1 int), does anyone consider this "working on the passing game"? I don't. That is were my comment about the coaching staff "not getting it" stemmed. We still do not know whether the problems with the passing game have been addressed. My guess is that they haven't and we will see it (again) on Saturday.

Vatz-

We have already had this discussion, Auburn is not CTT. I have never said that AU "sucks" or is not "classy". My comments have been directed at CTT. Get it right.

I "with" you Raven.These "pat on the back have a lolly pop waves" aren't going to help when we're scratching our heads next Sun. going "what happened?".I'm with whoever said we SHOULD have worked on the passing game a lot more.

See ya at the Ole Miss game.I'll be praying for us untill then.

Thanos, I guess you and I are just not members of the "flock". It will be an interesting board here Sat/Sun after the game. A lota head scratching probably. "Give CTT more time..." :rolleyes:

You people kill me! You jackasses will complain about anything.

RT, what did you expect CTT to do? You want him to practice the pass but he lacks class in scoring 73 points. Do you think we would have scored fewer points by passing? The 3rd and 4th string scored 28 points. Could have scored again at the end but took a knee. ULM just plain BLOWS! Sullivan practicing the pass against ULM would do no good in prep for Ole Miss or UGA or UAT. Cambell will be the starter unless he is hurt.

Why are you embarrassed? Should we have just fallen down at the 5-yard line everytime and just kicked a field goal so we didn’t have so many points? I guess CW should have run out of bounds to give a receiver a chance to make that run to the 5. And who gives a hairy rats A$$ what the guys on ESPN say? (By the way, Aupcolatiger was HELPING the cred. not slamming it!) And I guess anyone that has a different opinion than you is just a sheep because you are the true enlightened one. (RE: Thanos, I guess you and I are just not members of the "flock.") Please lead us, oh shepherd! What a joke!

And to the rest of you who are complaining: Eight possessions began at the ULM 39 or deeper in ULM territory. There was a blocked punt by our holder for a TD. There was a blocked punt by the same guy that set AU up on or about the 1-yard line. Three possessions started inside the ULM 15 not counting the blocked punt we didn't initially score on. There are not whole lot of chances to pass there. Should we have backed up into AU territory just so we could practice our passing?

Campbell averaged 14 yards a throw with a 32-yard TD, as well as a 14 and an 18 yard completion among the 11 total. Is that a stellar performance? No. Should we have thrown more? Would not have hurt. We did start some possessions around our own 20. But one of those, Carnell broke it for 72 and a TD. Another included McIntyre’s 32-yard TD.

Do we still have concerns? Yes! Have we addressed the passing problems? Don’t know. Does it mean we will lose and be “scratching our heads” Sunday? No!

This game wasn’t supposed to impress anyone. It was a cupcake scheduled for homecoming. This is the game scheduled simply for a win. To those complaining, stop your d@#n crying! To those visitors to the board that want to take shots at AU for the score, GET A LIFE! Most here couldn't care less what you think.

Thanos, I guess you and I are just not members of the "flock". It will be an interesting board here Sat/Sun after the game. A lota head scratching probably. "Give CTT more time..." :rolleyes:

I think it is kind of early to be saying we have lost the game. I'm not happy with being mediocre either, but you might want to wait until the end of the game to be yappin about it right now.

CTT even said that he hoped ULM would have put up a better fight because he wanted JC to be able to pass more.

IF we lose big to Ole Miss, you're damn right I will be hear complaining and questioning CTT. But atleast I will be waiting to see what happens in the game. I am confident we will beat Ole Miss. I have faith in our boys, they will take care of business!

Poor Jason. 11 of 13....Two tds...and....SOME folks STILL say he played poorly.

I guess we are closer to acting like $puaters than I ever thought possible.

AU was passing the ball to add the 3rd TD in a span of approx. 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter (approx. 2:20 3Q). Why? The score was 45-7, 52-7, 59-7, and then after the blocked punt, 56-7. Why are we running a naked bootleg and passing the ball up 59-7??? If anyone needed more work on the passing game it's JC, not Sullivan.

All year we have watched this very talented team underachieve due to, IMO, poor coaching (CTT, HN, & SE). Again on Saturday we had an opportunity to "fix" problems on the offensive side of the ball. We failed to do that. Will we ever?

I think Finebaum is the radio equivalent of Jerry Springer, but sometimes he makes valid points:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf...81784300610.xml

We will see Saturday.

Poor Jason.  11 of 13....Two tds...and....SOME folks STILL say he played poorly.

Against bad teams 11 of 13 is turning out to be 2 tds. Against good teams it's turning out be gains of 2 yards on 3 and 8s.

I believe most people who watch JC play know that he is a product of the system he is in. I believe he has all the tools necessary to be a good SEC QB. The unfortunate thing is that he has been through three OC's and two systems. I believe he is getting litttle to no useful instruction about technique and philosophy. I heard an interview with Charlie Trotman on friday and he was saying that most of the passing woes are not JC's fault. He said that when all the receivers run a 5 yard out and you need 15 yards its hard to get a long vertical passing game. So I believe tha coaches realize that added new routes. :) ULM sucked Sat. I think my High School team could have beat them. So how much we got out of that game I do not know. The encouraging thing is that we showed that we were willing to pass downfield. So Ole Miss willl be a test, but I think we win by 10.

AU was passing the ball to add the 3rd TD in a span of approx. 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter (approx. 2:20 3Q). Why? The score was 45-7, 52-7, 59-7, and then after the blocked punt, 56-7. Why are we running a naked bootleg and passing the ball up 59-7??? If anyone needed more work on the passing game it's JC, not Sullivan.

All year we have watched this very talented team underachieve due to, IMO, poor coaching (CTT, HN, & SE). Again on Saturday we had an opportunity to "fix" problems on the offensive side of the ball. We failed to do that. Will we ever?

I think Finebaum is the radio equivalent of Jerry Springer, but sometimes he makes valid points:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf...81784300610.xml

We will see Saturday.

You really don't get it, do you?? You complain, saying we ran up the score, then say if we are gonna pass in the 2nd half that JC should have been in there?? You can't have it both ways. Sullivan was in there to get much needed experience and to run the offense. You can't tell these kids not to try when they get on the field. Don't you think the score would have been much worse had JC and the rest of the starters stayed in the game? or course it would have. So, first you complain that we ran up the score, then you say that JC should have been in there throwing the ball in the second half with a HUGE lead?? That makes NO SENSE.. :blink::blink::blink:

The fact of the matter was that our running game did not need work, the passing game did. JC had 13 attempts(1 sack/1 int), does anyone consider this "working on the passing game"? I don't. That is were my comment about the coaching staff "not getting it" stemmed.

Alright Raven, So we were wrong to lay down and stop pounding La Monroe. Hmm....

AU was passing the ball to add the 3rd TD in a span of approx. 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter (approx. 2:20 3Q). Why? The score was 45-7, 52-7, 59-7, and then after the blocked punt, 56-7. Why are we running a naked bootleg and passing the ball up 59-7???

Alright Raven, So we were wrong to keep pounding Monroe with the passing game. Hmmm.......

Double-speak may be good for politicians, but it doesn't fly well at WEN. Take it somewhere else.

The fact of the matter was that our running game did not need work, the passing game did. JC had 13 attempts(1 sack/1 int), does anyone consider this "working on the passing game"? I don't. That is were my comment about the coaching staff "not getting it" stemmed.

Alright Raven, So we were wrong to lay down and stop pounding La Monroe. Hmm....

AU was passing the ball to add the 3rd TD in a span of approx. 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter (approx. 2:20 3Q). Why? The score was 45-7, 52-7, 59-7, and then after the blocked punt, 56-7. Why are we running a naked bootleg and passing the ball up 59-7???

Alright Raven, So we were wrong to keep pounding Monroe with the passing game. Hmmm.......

Double-speak may be good for politicians, but it doesn't fly well at WEN. Take it somewhere else.

If you are going to run the score up, shouldn't JC be the primary beneficiary? I would think so, but he was not. Yes, Sullivan got much needed experience, but what was really gained? Read one of the other threads (Coaches), and even the AU staff agrees. Having said that, what was the point passing, up 59-7? I will say again, JC was the one who needed work and didn't get. Now who "gets it"? There is a full spectrum of colors in the real world, not just orange and blue. If we score 73 and JC attempts 25-30 passes, fine. ULM earned their paycheck. But 13 attempts? Why even play JC? Let Sullivan start the game.

Talk about double speak. maybe it' good for CTT as well:

"I am not a candidate for the Alabama job," Tuberville said. "I've got one of the best jobs in the country here at Ole Miss and we're working on a contract (10year)that hopefully will be done in a week or so. We've got a lot of things going for us here, an excellent chancellor and an athletic director that's on the same page with us." [November 26, 1996, The Daily Mississippian]

Translation: UM get ready; I'm in full spin mode...

or

"We tried to warn the players and fans of what were facing. We had good talent, but a very young team that would have some bad games," Tuberville said Tuesday during his weekly press conference on the Oxford campus. [09-16-1998, AP] Sounds like what he said the last few years at AU...

or

“It’s not about the money,” Tuberville said – although an extra half million dollars a year, money that Ole Miss will never be able to spend on a football coach, sure won’t hurt. “It’s about the opportunity. – I think we can win a national championship.” [Paul Gerald, Memphis Flyer].

Really??? When?

finally

"We got beat soundly on both sides of the ball," Tuberville said. "Auburn had an excellent defense. They challenged us, and we didn't beat the challenge. Everybody's expectations were higher than they should have been." [september 14, 1998, The Daily Mississippian]

Wow heard this one too. Especially the last statement.

I won't even bring up the quote he made about staying at UM 24 hours before he jumped ship to AU.

Double-speak is the native tongue now at AU, you should know that by now. :lol:

Raven...by the way, i read your post again, you said tubs wasnt classy because auburn scored so many points....you were proved wrong by many people and you cant admit it, hell we had our 3rd string qb in.....we werent running the score up, we had blocked punts, ints, everything....we havent even lost this weekend and your throwing the towel in.....thats sad

had we not started 6-8 of our possessions inside their 35 yard line, JC would have gotten a lot more opportunities to throw the ball. I don't think anybody expected us to get starting field position like we did saturday, and because of that, it changed some of the play selection.

Raven...by the way, i read your post again, you said tubs wasnt classy because auburn scored so many points....you were proved wrong by many people and you cant admit it, hell we had our 3rd string qb in.....we werent running the score up, we had blocked punts, ints, everything....we havent even lost this weekend and your throwing the towel in.....thats sad

I know that this is a stretch but who is the Head Coach at AU? The players are not autonomous. CTT was responsible for this. If I'm not mistaken, AU lined up to block the punt leading, what was it 59-7? Nice. CTT should know what's going on with special teams, offense and defense. If he doesn't, well that may explain A LOT of thinks. CTT is ultimately responsible.

Proved wrong??? Where I must have missed it.

I agree with aupcolatiger that we played on a short field, but we still should have worked the passing game more than we did. Why was Carnell even playing in this game, it was a "garbage game". Was the game ever in doubt? I would hate to have Carnell break a leg or separate a shoulder in a meaningless game. <_<

In the second half, up 52-7, I probably would have instructed Sullivan to run the play clock down, and run every down. Why, just what the coaches stated, 'Nothing was accomplished in this game', Especially getting JC a lot of work.

Oh im sorry raven....we shouldve just not let carnell get the measely 7 carries he had....we shouldnt have sent the punt team out on 4th down...we just shouldnt have played.....

I hope im not the only one who reads your last reply and is dumbfounded by what you just said.

Sullivan shouldve ran every down?? Wheres the learning experience in that?? He barely gets to play as it is, let him do what he needs to do in order to gain experience....you dont really think were going to start a qb who has only thrown passes in 2 games if campbell gets hurt now do you?

Admit it, your points that your trying to prove are just outrageous......

Tell me...do you know the difference between a formation when a team is trying to block the punt and when it isnt?? You probably dont....because when I was at the game I remember saying the punt would be returned all the way (had a return punt formation) but instead it was blocked. As I recall Fetsko just ran right through, untouched, and blocked it.

If you read the same article i did, since your saying "Nothing was accomplished in this game" that was in an article I read...you probably noted that they said this because it was a blow out so quick. Tuberville said the game wasnt even a challenge and couldnt throw as much as they wanted to because the game got out of hand so quickly.

I guess tuberville shouldve just taken your advice and forfeit the game...that would be a better challenge wouldnt it.

SHUT UP RAVEN. YOU MAKE NO SENSE. Everyone, let's let this pathetic thread fall by the wayside.

First, you say we should've been working on the passing game more. Then you say we passed when we shouldn't have. Then you say Carnell shouldn't have played a snap. Then, you say Campbell should've been in the game longer. Then you say Tuberville had no idea what he was doing. What's next? You're gonna say that Tuberville is the smartest man alive, aren't you? :lol:

Oh im sorry raven....we shouldve just not let carnell get the measely 7 carries he had....we shouldnt have sent the punt team out on 4th down...we just shouldnt have played.....

I hope im not the only one who reads your last reply and is dumbfounded by what you just said.

Sullivan shouldve ran every down?? Wheres the learning experience in that?? He barely gets to play as it is, let him do what he needs to do in order to gain experience....you dont really think were going to start a qb who has only thrown passes in 2 games if campbell gets hurt now do you?

Admit it, your points that your trying to prove are just outrageous......

Tell me...do you know the difference between a formation when a team is trying to block the punt and when it isnt?? You probably dont....because when I was at the game I remember saying the punt would be returned all the way (had a return punt formation) but instead it was blocked. As I recall Fetsko just ran right through, untouched, and blocked it.

If you read the same article i did, since your saying "Nothing was accomplished in this game" that was in an article I read...you probably noted that they said this because it was a blow out so quick. Tuberville said the game wasnt even a challenge and couldnt throw as much as they wanted to because the game got out of hand so quickly.

I guess tuberville shouldve just taken your advice and forfeit the game...that would be a better challenge wouldnt it.

Vatz I'm not sure you would know a chinstrap from a jockstrap.

Why have Carnell played? He needed practice? Play Jacobs or Smith all game.

How did Sullivan benefit from practicing against an obviously outmatched opponent? Vandy offered more of a benefit to Sullivan.

If JC gets hurts (hope not) does that REALLy effect the team? I say no.

After seeing the game again last night oc CSS, I thought that AU had 10 men on the line. If they did not, I stand corrected.

Wow, when did I say forfeit the game? :blink: Look CTT blew an opportunity (again) to improve the team. Enough said.

I will stand by my, 'we needed to work on the passing game and didn't stance.' It will bear out on Saturday.

SHUT UP RAVEN. YOU MAKE NO SENSE. Everyone, let's let this pathetic thread fall by the wayside.

First, you say we should've been working on the passing game more. Then you say we passed when we shouldn't have. Then you say Carnell shouldn't have played a snap. Then, you say Campbell should've been in the game longer. Then you say Tuberville had no idea what he was doing. What's next? You're gonna say that Tuberville is the smartest man alive, aren't you? :lol:

The only thing pathetic is your babbling posts. What I said was the JC needed the work.

JC should have gotten in 20 attempts, min. Since this was not a priority, why throw the ball (with Sullivan) in the second half up 59-7? Does that make sense to anyone except you?

When was the last time Tuberville looked like he knew what he was doing? We beat mediocre UT and Ark teams. Duke gave UT all they wanted for 3 quarters. And Ark needed 7 OTs to Kentucky. Who is the fool?

I will be glad when (not "if") Tuberville is gone. Tuberville's departure will allow the AU program rise from mediocrity. It is supporters like you that allow AU languish in inconsistency.

:au:

SHUT UP RAVEN.  YOU MAKE NO SENSE.  Everyone, let's let this pathetic thread fall by the wayside.

First, you say we should've been working on the passing game more.  Then you say we passed when we shouldn't have.  Then you say Carnell shouldn't have played a snap.  Then, you say Campbell should've been in the game longer.  Then you say Tuberville had no idea what he was doing.  What's next?  You're gonna say that Tuberville is the smartest man alive, aren't you? :lol:

The only thing pathetic is your babbling posts. What I said was the JC needed the work.

JC should have gotten in 20 attempts, min. Since this was not a priority, why throw the ball (with Sullivan) in the second half up 59-7? Does that make sense to anyone except you?

When was the last time Tuberville looked like he knew what he was doing? We beat mediocre UT and Ark teams. Duke gave UT all they wanted for 3 quarters. And Ark needed 7 OTs to Kentucky. Who is the fool?

I will be glad when (not "if") Tuberville is gone. Tuberville's departure will allow the AU program rise from mediocrity. It is supporters like you that allow AU languish in inconsistency.

:au:

Raven, what does it take for you to get it? The idea was to get campbell as much passing attempts as possible...but nobody could forsee the short field we would be playing on most of the game. Had the field position been different, we would have certainly seen more passes by JC before his departure. We threw the ball in the second half with Sullivan to get him some much needed experience. What part of that dont you understand. We cannot expect him to go in there and not try to execute the ENTIRE offense. Sullivan is ONE PLAY away from being put into action. We have to get him prepared in case this were to happen.

You don't make any sense because first you say sullivan shouldn't be throwing the ball up 59-7, then you say campbell should get a minimum of 20 pass attempts...dont you think the score would have been a lot worse than 73-7 had campbell stayed in to "work on his passing game" as you put it. RAven, you can't have it both ways...

Archived