2018 3* Juco OT/OG Willie Allen

ellitor

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the rest of the crowd Mikey originally accidentally typed "Lick in the butt" instead of "Kick in the butt"

TBH with all my typos I can't believe I've never called our kicker recruits a licker given the "K" & "L" key are next to each other. lol

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't know about that, my friend.You can lead a horse to water but he has to want to drink. Some players  respond to a pat on the back, some to a kick in the butt and some simply don't respond. I've coached all three types enough to know that there are some kids your simply cannot reach and when that's the case, most other coaches won't be able to reach them either.

I agree to an extent, I suppose as a teacher I always believe you can reach someone. Even if I know that's not true, I still believe!

3e6c5027895d1d364cceb001fc306e12--south-park-episodes-next-door.jpg

If we signed him, would this kid come in as a redshirt sophomore? 3 years to play 3? At this point I wouldn’t mind having him as a back-up plan. He was a 4* our of high school that Auburn really wanted.

45 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we signed him, would this kid come in as a redshirt sophomore? 3 years to play 3? At this point I wouldn’t mind having him as a back-up plan. He was a 4* our of high school that Auburn really wanted.

Good call CC. He RSed his year @ LSU so he will have 3 years to play 3 beginning in 2018.

On 1/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, Mikey said:

I don't know about that, my friend.You can lead a horse to water but he has to want to drink. Some players  respond to a pat on the back, some to a kick in the butt and some simply don't respond. I've coached all three types enough to know that there are some kids your simply cannot reach and when that's the case, most other coaches won't be able to reach them either.

If there is anything to be learned from watching Last Chance U, it's this. They had the kick in the butt coach, the pat on the back counselor, the history to show it can be done, and every reason to succeed... and several still threw it away. 

Still think this would be a good pickup. Definitely looks like a Guard to me though.

Willie was tagged in the article I took a pic of below via his 247 profile page FWIW. Sounds like he has remained a target for Grimes & Chip....

image.png

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Willie was tagged in the article I took a pic of below via his 247 profile page FWIW. Sounds like he has remained a target for Grimes & Chip....

image.png

I remember the disappointment here on trhis message board when we didn't land him out of high school. Will this love be better the second time around?

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I remember the disappointment here on trhis message board when we didn't land him out of high school. Will this love be better the second time around?

I think he ends up in the class FWIW.

• 2 years later...

Willie Allen signed with La Tech out of JUCO. He has opted out of this season and is now in the transfer portal as a Grad Transfer. I hope that we can finally land him!

Archived