Obama Administration ran guns from Benghazi to Syria

autigeremt

You want to sit in the big chair, you take the heat when something goes wrong. Benghazi was really really wrong, and Hillary's backside was in that seat.

Reagan killed over 200 marines, then.

Wow. Unfathomable non sequitor as well as being 100% false.

Reagan didn't lie about it. Hillary did.

Too hard fo you to understand ?

......it was President Reagan’s fault that incident occurred. In fact, the official investigation and subsequent Department of Defense report found chain-of-command errors and placed fault on the Reagan administration, as well. The Marines had been stationed there as part of an international peacekeeping venture:

Those Marines had been ordered into Lebanon by President Ronald Reagan as a part of an international peacekeeping force following the June 1982 Israeli invasion of that country and the Palestine Liberation Organization’s withdrawal.

Making an already-dangerous situation even more hazardous, the Marines were under strict presidential orders not to load their weapons — this, so that they would appear as peacekeepers and not as armed belligerents in the conflict and despite the fact that they were moving into a war zone.

Realistically, they had become “sitting ducks” from the moment they entered Beirut. And as a result of their absurd orders, when the explosives-laden truck sped toward their doomed barracks, the two unarmed guards had no way of stopping it. (
Source
)

Where was the outcry from Republicans when Reagan ignored then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger’s pleas to put the Marines in a more defensible position, or not station them at all?

The Associated Press reported, in 2006, remarks by Caspar Weinberger:

“I was not persuasive enough to persuade the president that the Marines were there on an impossible mission,”
Caspar Weinberger
says in an oral history project capturing the views of former Reagan administration officials.

They also go on to mention the following statements, a few paragraphs later,

But he said one of his greatest regrets was in failing to overcome the arguments that “‘Marines don’t cut and run,’ and ‘We can’t leave because we’re there”‘ before the devastating suicide attack on the lightly armed force.

“They had no mission but to sit at the airport, which is just like sitting in a bull’s-eye,” Weinberger said. “I begged the president at least to pull them back and put them back on their transports as a more defensible position.”

It should also be noted that United States retaliation for this incident was virtually nonexistent, and we actually ended up removing our forces as a result of this bombing and the second one that occurred, attacking the French, just a couple of minutes later.

Where was the call for impeachment by the right when their golden boy was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers? And let’s not even get started on diplomatic targets hit during the Bush administration, or the number of American soldiers that died searching for nonexistent WMDs.

There’s only one word for it — hypocrisy.

http://www.addicting...can-servicemen/

Now what exactly did Hillary do that made it worse than the above?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reagan and the Beirut bombings have zero do to w/ Hillary lying about Benghazi.

Reagan never lied about it. Hillary has lied, and also been caught lying about having top secret e-mails on her unsecure server.

You and the Left going full bore at Reagan , who was President 30 years ago, as a means for trying to cover for Hillary only proves to me that , in your heart, you know she's guilty, and you're trying your damnedest to divert attention away from that fact.

Tell the FBI that they're also playing a partisan, political game, in trying to get Hillary.

Good luck w/ that .

Reagan never lied about it. Hillary has lied, and also been caught lying about having top secret e-mails on her unsecure server.

You and the Left going full bore at Reagan , who was President 30 years ago, as a means for trying to cover for Hillary only proves to me that , in your heart, you know she's guilty, and you're trying your damnedest to divert attention away from that fact.

Tell the FBI that they're also playing a partisan, political game, in trying to get Hillary.

Good luck w/ that .

No this is not about Reagan. It's just the most dramatic example of setting people up as a terrorist target occurred on his watch. In fact, he's directly responsible.

But I don't hold him to be any more criminally or morally responsible for that incident than I do Hillary for Benghazi. In hindsight, both were mistakes if not total **** ups, but s*** happens. I am sure Reagan regretted it just as Hillary does.

You guys are obsessed with demonizing Hillary as if she deliberately wanted it to happen. It's irrational.

Good luck w/ that .

No this is not about Reagan. It's just that the most dramatic example of setting people up for a terrorist target occurred on his watch. He's directly responsible.

But I don't hold him to be any more criminally or morally responsible for that incident than I do Hillary for Benghazi. In hindsight, both were mistakes if not total **** ups, but s*** happens. I am sure Reagan regretted it just as Hillary does.

You guys are obsessed with demonizing Hillary as if she deliberately wanted it to happen. It's irrational.

IDK about "you guys," but JMHO.

Caspar admitted his failure. Hilary? No. Total denial even when Stevens himself asked for additional security. Big difference.

And then you have the Susan Rice thingy. Sad, deceitful and discredited. Lies. Hilary knew it too.

Glad "you guys" trust her. I don't.

Good luck w/ that .

No this is not about Reagan. It's just that the most dramatic example of setting people up for a terrorist target occurred on his watch. He's directly responsible.

IDK about "you guys," but JMHO.

Caspar admitted his failure. Hilary? No. Total denial even when Stevens himself asked for additional security. Big difference.

And then you have the Susan Rice thingy. Sad, deceitful and discredited. Lies. Hilary knew it too.

Glad "you guys" trust her. I don't.

First I don't trust her, I don't really trust any politician. The very idea of trusting a politician sounds naive.

When did Casper "admit his failure"?

Good luck w/ that .

No this is not about Reagan. It's just the most dramatic example of setting people up as a terrorist target occurred on his watch. In fact, he's directly responsible.

Reagan isn't " directly responsible " , by any stretch of the imagination. The attackers are. Up until the Beruit attacks, the US hadn't seen any such incident before, so there was far less reason to suspect such action. Benghazi happened ON 9-11 !!!

Hillary is far more responsible for both, as she ignored repeated reports and events leading up to the attack. Requests for more security by Amb. Stevens, attacks on the compound earlier that year, and the fact that ALL of our allies had bugged out of Libya . Hillary specifically sent Stevens there, who was in fear for his life, and said so, in his e-mails.

We are obsessing over Hillary because we don't want that level of incompetency and lying in the White House. How the eff can't you understand that ?

Good luck w/ that .

Reagan isn't " directly responsible " , by any stretch of the imagination. The attackers are. Up until the Beruit attacks, the US hadn't seen any such incident before, so there was far less reason to suspect such action. Benghazi happened ON 9-11 !!!

Hillary is far more responsible for both, as she ignored repeated reports and events leading up to the attack. Requests for more security by Amb. Stevens, attacks on the compound earlier that year, and the fact that ALL of our allies had bugged out of Libya . Hillary specifically sent Stevens there, who was in fear for his life, and said so, in his e-mails.

We are obsessing over Hillary because we don't want that level of incompetency and lying in the White House. How the eff can't you understand that ?

Yeah, Reagan wasn't responsible the attackers were. :-\

What BS that is. Right up there with "Bush didn't lie about Iraq".

Good luck w/ that .

Only irrational if you don't give a damn about politicians lying to cover up their failed policy or actions....regardless of the collateral damage involved. Killary deserves it!

The Benghazi hearings are two parts. In the course of the hearing into what happened we learned about Hillary and her private server. She has tried her best to obfuscate the truth and her story keeps changing. Any reasonable person would st least be slightly concerned about that.

"The credibility of the Republican-led Benghazi committee came under fresh attack Sunday after the CIA informed the panel that it does not view a 2011 email forwarded by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as including any classified information."

https://www.yahoo.co...9243022390.html

I thank that there CIA is rong cause I done hered Rush and Hannerty say she aint goin to the White HOuse shes goin to prison.

Good luck w/ that .

Well, if that's what they are doing, then they are.

Another Freudian slip, huh?

Bungling Gowdy now unintentionally mocking himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/house-benghazi-committee-chairman-trey-gowdy-200901550.html

Apparently we have the incompetent and disingenuous investigating the incompetent and disingenuous. Extreme partisan politics my undermine the future of the country but, it does have a certain entertainment value I suppose.

https://www.yahoo.co...-200901550.html

Apparently we have the incompetent and disingenuous investigating the incompetent and disingenuous. Extreme partisan politics my undermine the future of the country but, it does have a certain entertainment value I suppose.

I think he's running for Governor of SC.

That is pretty ironic though. Perhaps the only security damage from Clinton's Emails has occurred from their investigation.

Good luck w/ that .

No, simpleton. It's called sarcasm. The FBI isn't political, & yet it's investigating the matter.

But you're so damn gullible, you see only what you want to see.

Watergate was all about politics too , just to get Nixon , if your logic was consistent .

And was it mentioned how false and misleading the thread title was ? Complete fiction. Not a single GOP congressman has hinted or suggested that Benghazi is " all about Hillary " . That's just a lie piled up on another lie, to paint the whistle blowers as the bad guys here.

The facts are the facts, and if tugging on a loose end pulls a thread which ends up being the rug out from under Hillary, that's just due diligence.

Hillary lied. There's no denying that. She lied, on purpose ,and with intent.

If she has to pay a price for that, so be it. If it keeps her out of the White House, it's a small price to pay to send a message that we don't leave our own behind. I'm sorry if you Hillary myrmidons don't GET the importance of all that, but it's true.

Time to grow the hell up.

You think Hillary moved to NY to just be a Senator? ;)

Good luck w/ that .

No, simpleton. It's called sarcasm. The FBI isn't political, & yet it's investigating the matter.

But you're so damn gullible, you see only what you want to see.

Watergate was all about politics too , just to get Nixon , if your logic was consistent .

And was it mentioned how false and misleading the thread title was ? Complete fiction. Not a single GOP congressman has hinted or suggested that Benghazi is " all about Hillary " . That's just a lie piled up on another lie, to paint the whistle blowers as the bad guys here.

The facts are the facts, and if tugging on a loose end pulls a thread which ends up being the rug out from under Hillary, that's just due diligence.

Hillary lied. There's no denying that. She lied, on purpose ,and with intent.

If she has to pay a price for that, so be it. If it keeps her out of the White House, it's a small price to pay to send a message that we don't leave our own behind. I'm sorry if you Hillary myrmidons don't GET the importance of all that, but it's true.

Time to grow the hell up.

Any investigation with the purpose of "trying to get" the investigated is obviously not an impartial investigation.

Living in a world of bias and partisanship it's not surprising you don't get that.

What's funny about the Senate Benghazi investigation is that while it is "trying to get" Hillary Clinton, the effect will be to make her stronger than ever politically.

Just as I said when it started the Republicans will over-play their hand. They always do. Just like you can't help from showing your belly button with childish insults.

Well at least she didn't feel the need to headline a bogus investigation to rile up up the base.

Well at least she didn't feel the need to headline a bogus investigation to rile up up the base.

Dude, this isn't a bogus investigation. Is it political? Sure!!!! The Clintons wrote the book on crap like this. But if you think that this investigation has no merit????....shameful.

Dude, this isn't a bogus investigation. Is it political? Sure!!!! The Clintons wrote the book on crap like this. But if you think that this investigation has no merit????....shameful.

No, and sadly, merely a chapter of the book.

Sorry EMT but, I cannot take you seriously. You have stated that you want HRC in jail but, you continue to evade the question of, "on what charge".

I cannot stand HRC. I will vote for Trump or Carson before I vote for HRC but, if you cannot see that the multiple long term investigations have done nothing to incriminate her, if you want to suspend due process, it is you who is acting in a shameful manner. Are you willing to allow politics to trump basic principle?

Sorry EMT but, I cannot take you seriously. You have stated that you want HRC in jail but, you continue to evade the question of, "on what charge".

I cannot stand HRC. I will vote for Trump or Carson before I vote for HRC but, if you cannot see that the multiple long term investigations have done nothing to incriminate her, if you want to suspend due process, it is you who is acting in a shameful manner. Are you willing to allow politics to trump basic principle?

#1 I tend to be very sarcastic (as I have openly admitted on here many times) about many things in this particular forum. It's not like anything I say or believe really matters within the confines of this arena. I know she will never see the inside of a court room much less a jail cell no matter what is proven, but I believe she (and the WH) was providing arms to Syrian rebels and using Libya as the transfer station. When the terrorists found out they attacked and we left those four men to die as collateral damage. That's my "hunch" as to what happened.

#2 I feel that Hillary Clinton is being protected by the Democrats and the current administration. Why? Because they are responsible as well. We may never know the truth of why 4 people were left to die in Libya while our "leadership" stood by and did very little to protect our assets. We had the ability to extract them (or at the least provide defenses) and we did NOTHING! WHY?

Any investigation with the purpose of "trying to get" the investigated is obviously not an impartial investigation.

Living in a world of bias and partisanship it's not surprising you don't get that.

That's the Dem world, where they see " enemies " at every turn, when ever anyone dares to deny them or question their actions.

Sorry, but Benghazi deserves questions be asked . And if you don't like the answers, it's not " partisanship " that's to blame.

What's funny about the Senate Benghazi investigation is that while it is "trying to get" Hillary Clinton, the effect will be to make her stronger than ever politically.

She lied. That isnt' even deniable. Like Lois Lerner, she's hiding something, and if getting to the truth is seen by you are "getting " Hillary, then too damn bad.

Just as I said when it started the Republicans will over-play their hand. They always do. Just like you can't help from showing your belly button with childish insults.

Problem is, the GOP have underplayed their hand, too scared of their own shadow. Hillary should be in jail by now, not even eligible to run. Obama is who really should be questioned now, but , groundhogs that they are, too scared of their own damn shadow, they won't go after Obama.

Where was he, by the way, when news broke of the attack on Benghazi. We STILL to this day have no idea where he was ( other than " somewhere " inside the White House ) or what he was doing . Why is that ?

#1 I tend to be very sarcastic (as I have openly admitted on here many times) about many things in this particular forum. It's not like anything I say or believe really matters within the confines of this arena. I know she will never see the inside of a court room much less a jail cell no matter what is proven, but I believe she (and the WH) was providing arms to Syrian rebels and using Libya as the transfer station. When the terrorists found out they attacked and we left those four men to die as collateral damage. That's my "hunch" as to what happened.

#2 I feel that Hillary Clinton is being protected by the Democrats and the current administration. Why? Because they are responsible as well. We may never know the truth of why 4 people were left to die in Libya while our "leadership" stood by and did very little to protect our assets. We had the ability to extract them (or at the least provide defenses) and we did NOTHING! WHY?

Not according to multiple investigations.

You think Hillary moved to NY to just be a Senator? ;)/>

Sorry.....but I don't trust the investigators. I've seen this #%^* before. Military personnel in the region stated otherwise....but what do they know?

You think Hillary moved to NY to just be a Senator? ;)/>

Sorry.....but I don't trust the investigators. I've seen this #%^* before. Military personnel in the region stated otherwise....but what do they know?

Are you referring to the three private security contractors?

Archived