Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

Lol at the holier than thou that still thinks we support hitting women. Yall are pathetic .

Are there any circumstances other than actually fearing for your life that would justify it?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few things...

Putting yourself in a situation where a girl , at a bar, feels she has any reason to put her hand in a clinched fist and raise it towards you, might be a sign you've gone and done something stupid.

Not apologizing , even if such an act was unintentional, out of your control, what ever, was another stupid decision.

Not backing up, but instead reaching forward and grabbing the girl, again.. stupid.

Anyone catching on to the theme here ?

Lol. Screw that girl nobody is obliged to make her happy and has to bow down when she's upset. Get real.

Well, that's your answer to your earlier post when you asked:

"How nobody really understood that we never said she should have been hit?"

Lol at the holier than thou that still thinks we support hitting women. Yall are pathetic .

Are there any circumstances other than actually fearing for your life that would justify it?

True story, I remember watching my drunk step dad beat my mom from the mounted position when I was about 4. I ran into the living room to check on her and mom hollered for me to go back to bed. I did and hid under my sheets because, once again, I was only about 4. I still regret not taking up for my mom though because the scene is still in my head like it just happened yesterday.. So, no. I will never hit my wife or a girl period. I have enough demons to fight already. If I have to grab a wrist to restrain, I will in a heartbeat though. Nobody will be getting out of my grip until they calm down.

Well, this is getting a little too nuanced even for me, but there's a big difference between "grabbing" and blocking.

The former can cause injury, and like Tiger said, it constitutes legal assault and battery.

Hypothetically speaking, I could tolerate a guy simply blocking a blow from my daughter. In such a case, I'd direct my attention to her and ask why she is trying to strike him.

On the other hand, if I saw a guy grab my daughter, no matter what preceded it, I'm going after him. Grabbing requires the "grabber" to initiate contact. Grabbing is not that much different than hitting.

Well, this is getting a little too nuanced even for me, but there's a big difference between "grabbing" and blocking.

The former can cause injury, and like Tiger said, it constitutes legal assault and battery.

Hypothetically speaking, I could tolerate a guy simply blocking a blow from my daughter. In such a case, I'd direct my attention to her and ask why she is trying to strike him.

On the other hand, if I saw a guy grab my daughter, no matter what preceded it, I'm going after him. Grabbing requires the "grabber" to initiate contact. Grabbing is not that much different than hitting.

Raising a fist can be considered simple assault. At that point, it is self defense from there and on out.

You don't believe people have the right to defend themselves from an imminent threat of violence? But only once violence has been initiated vs them?

Link

Florida State dismissed freshman quarterback De’Andre Johnson earlier this week after video emerged of him hitting a woman at a bar. Now a woman is demanding that the Seminoles reinstate Johnson in a change.org petition, because his punishment was sexist.

Here’s Alexis Shoemaker, a woman:

In the fight for social justice and gender equity, it is important that we understand that respect among both genders is important to the functionality of American society. It is unfair for a man’s life and dreams to be taken away from him because of a mutual assault.

DeAndre was the only party punished in this incident, simply because he is a male, and that is unfair and sexist. He should be given another chance at fulfilling his dream and showing the world that he is an outstanding young man, who made a great mistake.

No one is perfect, and a person’s character can not be determined by one wrong move. If we judged all Americans by their first great mistake, what type of society would we be? #ReinstateDeandre

The woman’s petition — to get a guy who hit a woman back on Florida State’s football team — had nearly 3,000 votes as of around 7:30 a.m. EDT Friday.

Here’s the security cam footage of Johnson hitting a woman. Was his punishment sexist?

http://youtu.be/aH4kio9QCmo

How nobody really understood that we never said she should have been hit

Because you and a few others are postulating circumstances way short of fearing for your life as justification for hitting a woman.

That's not true, you sound cover yourself better than that. You do sound like raptor. I've NEVER said he was justified for doing anything. No need to try to put words in my mouth, I'll say exactly what feel

I never said there was not ever any justification for hitting a woman. In this situation there was not. He initiated the thing by grudging her against the bar. He caused the fist to be raised. He was wrong all the way.

I never said there was not ever any justification for hitting a woman. In this situation there was not. He initiated the thing by grudging her against the bar. He caused the fist to be raised. He was wrong all the way.

Because he caused the fist of the girl's to be raised, it was obviously all his fault and she did nothing. Got it.

People do crazy things. Some juggle baby geese. Others make up ridiculous petitions claiming that being punished for beating a woman is 'sexist'.

Because he caused the fist of the girl's to be raised, it was obviously all his fault and she did nothing. Got it.

Both were involved, but HE caused the problem.

People do crazy things. Some juggle baby geese. Others make up ridiculous petitions claiming that being punished for beating a woman is 'sexist'.

Some people bitch and complain about Obama all day. Bless their little pink heart...

Just a few things...

Putting yourself in a situation where a girl , at a bar, feels she has any reason to put her hand in a clinched fist and raise it towards you, might be a sign you've gone and done something stupid.

Not apologizing , even if such an act was unintentional, out of your control, what ever, was another stupid decision.

Not backing up, but instead reaching forward and grabbing the girl, again.. stupid.

Anyone catching on to the theme here ?

Lol. Screw that girl nobody is obliged to make her happy and has to bow down when she's upset. Get real.

Well, that's your answer to your earlier post when you asked:

"How nobody really understood that we never said she should have been hit?"

If a girl was very obnoxious and I decided to not to open the door for her that doesn't mean I want her to get slapped, get real

Both were involved, but HE caused the problem.

The only problem he solely caused was the knot on her head. The rest of it was caused by both.

None of the people in this thread that are being accused of justifying hitting this girl are doing that. Some are arguing there are times when self defense is necessary or some form of restraint needs to occur. But not a single one of them have said in this instance that he was right for striking the woman.

The whole he initiated it by bumping into her is lame. That girl, or any other girl or guy, that can't handle the fact that in a crowded bar you are going to get touched (unless it a purposeful style grope) needs to either choose a new bar or stay home. Especially if your first reaction is to raise a first.

The ones that say defense is sometimes necessary actually have a background and can probably point out instances. The current or very ex-military guys can probably point out times a drunk service woman (who is trained in combat) got all bravado'd up. Lol, I've seen a army woman from Columbus knock out a Auburn fraternity boy in one shot. They could potentially hurt a civilian or other. Cole says he came from a rough area, and yes the guy is right. Women carry guns and knives or will find sharp objects and are just as likely to use them now. Go to your local rough neighborhood and try it and let us know how it goes. Get film for Youtube also.

Judgement has to be used by the male of course. The FSU QB should of accessed the situation after holding her arm, let go, and just walked away.

And the point of the thread was just a equality thing for discussion. Pointing out how equality is not always what people want in all areas while claiming it. Like these women that are sleeping with their students. If the guy does it then he deserves life. Now that they have recently put two women in for 30 years each for the same thing they are saying that is to long for the act.

And the touching thing in the bar. That is a younger thing it seems. I spent a ton of nights at the Supper Club after football wins and I drunkingly stumbled into ass, vagina, and breast and no woman ever raised a first at me.

Raising a fist can be considered simple assault. At that point, it is self defense from there and on out.

Not if it's a girl raising the fist because you did something to enrage or scare her. Personally, a girl raising a fist at me would not scare me. Let her swing. I'll block it.

But once you grab her, you started the fight, not her.

Not if it's a girl raising the fist because you did something to enrage or scare her. Personally, such a thing would not scare me.

Dunno bout Florida's laws, but in some states her raising her fist to him is assault, the kicker is... by the way I'm reading this anyway is that it is only assault IF it gets a reaction out of the victim. IE: The QB grabbing her wrists showed that he believed he was about to be assaulted or was afraid he was about to be assaulted.

BTW I'm reading up on this from a site called criminaldefenselawyer.com No idea if it's legit, but the site looks serious enough.

The only problem he solely caused was the knot on her head. The rest of it was caused by both.

Hell yeah, buddy. Taught that broad a lesson she'll not forget too soon !

He has enemies? Good, that means he stood up for something.

He has enemies? Good, that means he stood up for something.

lol...

None of the people in this thread that are being accused of justifying hitting this girl are doing that. Some are arguing there are times when self defense is necessary or some form of restraint needs to occur. But not a single one of them have said in this instance that he was right for striking the woman.

The whole he initiated it by bumping into her is lame. That girl, or any other girl or guy, that can't handle the fact that in a crowded bar you are going to get touched (unless it a purposeful style grope) needs to either choose a new bar or stay home. Especially if your first reaction is to raise a first.

The ones that say defense is sometimes necessary actually have a background and can probably point out instances. The current or very ex-military guys can probably point out times a drunk service woman (who is trained in combat) got all bravado'd up. Lol, I've seen a army woman from Columbus knock out a Auburn fraternity boy in one shot. They could potentially hurt a civilian or other. Cole says he came from a rough area, and yes the guy is right. Women carry guns and knives or will find sharp objects and are just as likely to use them now. Go to your local rough neighborhood and try it and let us know how it goes. Get film for Youtube also.

Judgement has to be used by the male of course. The FSU QB should of accessed the situation after holding her arm, let go, and just walked away.

And the point of the thread was just a equality thing for discussion. Pointing out how equality is not always what people want in all areas while claiming it. Like these women that are sleeping with their students. If the guy does it then he deserves life. Now that they have recently put two women in for 30 years each for the same thing they are saying that is to long for the act.

And the touching thing in the bar. That is a younger thing it seems. I spent a ton of nights at the Supper Club after football wins and I drunkingly stumbled into ass, vagina, and breast and no woman ever raised a first at me.

Well said

Not if it's a girl raising the fist because you did something to enrage or scare her. Personally, a girl raising a fist at me would not scare me. Let her swing. I'll block it.

not if she raised the fist before you grabbed her!

Yes if you jostled her around, did is some more when she turned and told you to quit and then mouthed off at her before she raised the fist.

Yes if you jostled her around, did is some more when she turned and told you to quit and then mouthed off at her before she raised the fist.

engrish preeze

Archived