Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

Having played a bunch of shows at Yianni's (and the other bars on that strip owned by the same group), I blame their tendency to have absurd specials like $1-2 drinks until last call, $5-10 liquor pitchers, and/or $10 for all you can drink until 1AM. I seriously doubt either of them were sober enough to have taken any of the reasonable steps to possibly de-escalate the situation. More importantly, the 19-year-old QB was not even supposed to be in there.

19 year olds go to bars all the time. Buying drinks at the bar is the problem.

Yianni's is a 21-and-up bar, as are all of the bars on that strip. The sidewalk for the strip is slightly elevated (along with a rail) above the sidewalk for Tennessee St. itself. Age is verified outside by one of several people before anyone is let in to any of the several bars there. It is set up that way to keep the bartenders from needing to check ID's while they're being slammed. I say again, the 19-year-old QB was not even supposed to be in there.

At that bar sure I was generally speaking. Fire somebody

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess you skipped over the jokes such as yeah she'll hurt you with a nail file....That's EXACTLY what they're saying, that a woman can't hurt a man.

And it's no more of being a supposition than your opinion. But I watched the videos and as far as leading to her getting punched she played a part in that.

Yeah. It's supposition. Neither of us were there, Cole.

Well I said it's no more or less than your opinion...like you said neither of us was there

My point exactly. But you presented it as a statement of fact.

I'm sorry if you felt that I presented that way my point was I feel as strongly with my opinion as you do yours

There's no "felt." You did. There is a big difference between "she instigated it" and "I think she instigated it."

Right and I haven't seen the post where you've said I think as opposed to whatever you stand on

He did not plow through anybody he tried to avoid her as he tries to get through she hurries and scoots over to her left even further because she is making sure he can't be at that bar period.

And so what does her threatening to punch him gives him the right to do? Lol at trying to make her innocent

So I guess you skipped over the jokes such as yeah she'll hurt you with a nail file....That's EXACTLY what they're saying, that a woman can't hurt a man.

And it's no more of being a supposition than your opinion. But I watched the videos and as far as leading to her getting punched she played a part in that.

Well I said it's no more or less than your opinion...like you said neither of us was there

I'm sorry if you felt that I presented that way my point was I feel as strongly with my opinion as you do yours

There's no "felt." You did. There is a big difference between "she instigated it" and "I think she instigated it."

Right and I haven't seen the post where you've said I think as opposed to whatever you stand on

You haven't been looking very hard. I'm very careful about what I present as fact.

Why so defensive?

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

I disagree, kneeing and punching him is what I think took it to something more

She didn't knee him, and he didn't try to avoid her.

Good grief this is beyond petty & tedious.

You haven't been looking very hard. I'm very careful about what I present as fact.

Why so defensive?

I'm defensive because of what you're trying to do, if you're really trying having an issue of what I've said it means you've overlooked just about every post to target me because I haven't done anything nobody else has in this thread but for whatever reason you feel you will criticize and chastise me. You can either agree or disagree and tell why but no, I'm not feeling what you're attempting to do now

Why so defensive?

I'm defensive because of what you're trying to do, if you're really trying having an issue of what I've said it means you've overlooked just about every post to target me because I haven't done anything nobody else has in this thread but for whatever reason you feel you will criticize and chastise me. You can either agree or disagree and tell why but no, I'm not feeling what you're attempting to do now

Cole, throw away the shovel.

That's the problem you feel your perspective is greater and carries more authority than someone else's. She definitely kneed him and imo he was trying to AVOID her

It's because you're an ordinarily reasonable individual taking a very unreasonable position.

Why so defensive?

There can't be a shovel, I'm expressing how I feel about a video I have watched. We usually see eye to eye but this time we don't, it's ok, we'll all be ok. But I don't change my mind from a video I've seen.

And as far as supposition are you saying I'm the only one you can say that's just your opinion too?

It's because you're an ordinarily reasonable individual taking a very unreasonable position.

I really don't think it's unreasonable, if I was arguing he should've hit her then I think you have it. But that's not what I'm saying. If she were my daughter, I'd hunt that dude down, I'd have to. But when I talk to her there's around five things I'd question or tell her to do differently.

Lastly the articles I've read left off the fact that she punched him and I think that's bull.

Why so defensive?

There can't be a shovel, I'm expressing how I feel about a video I have watched. We usually see eye to eye but this time we don't, it's ok, we'll all be ok. But I don't change my mind from a video I've seen.

And as far as supposition are you saying I'm the only one you can say that's just your opinion too?

The question here is whether or not you are presenting a statement of fact or opinion. The words speak for themselves. Since you obviously cannot present "fact" then just back down from what you wrote. It's not a big deal - unless you make it one - which is what you are doing.

Why so defensive?

The question here is whether or not you are presenting a statement of fact or opinion. The words speak for themselves. Since you obviously cannot present "fact" then just back down from what you wrote. It's not a big deal, unless you make it one, which is what you are doing.

I did try to back down, I said well in that case both of our words is an opinion and Ben for whatever reason said no there will be no truce YOU are wrong!!!! (Paraphrase there) And it's not like I lied; to get to me to fuss about this particular issue, you have to overlook it before my posts then overlook it after my posts. At least I think so given the definition of what supposition means, but I admit that's not a word I'm too familiar with.

Lastly this is no fault of you or Ben, but I have had butt hole and butt hole lite without a brain going in on me lately about typos and grammar so this "correcting" irked me a bit. Now this is about as close to saying sorry and moving on as I can get....

By letter of the law Ben is right. Now let's be fair and correct everybody or not correct anybody at all.

Btw through it all I'm not angry at anybody.

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

:thumbsup:

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

Which was preceded by him putting his hands on her (an not merely touching her, but grabbing and controlling her). That is the escalating act. And she didn't "knee" him. She didn't thrust her knee up into him like someone who's using it like a kick. She put the knee on him then used it to push him away from her. That's an entirely different thing.

That's the problem you feel your perspective is greater and carries more authority than someone else's. She definitely kneed him and imo he was trying to AVOID her

It's not "my" perspective, it's actually what literally happened. Yes, she did raise her knee up in front of her , hold it there, as a defensive move. But she did not throw her knee at him and a kicking manner. She probably should've knee'd him though.

I don't agree with that but I wasn't being funny when she raises her hand and threatens to hit him why doesn't he have a right to nullify that threat without hitting her. He grabbed her and said something, I don't know but I imagined it had to be something like put your hand down or you better not touch me or something like that. We can't know but imo if she jerks away and does not punch him he doesn't punch her. I'm not being an a$$ that's truly how I feel.

It's not "my" perspective, it's actually what literally happened. Yes, she did raise her knee up in front of her , hold it there, as a defensive move. But she did not throw her knee at him and a kicking manner. She probably should've knee'd him though.

If she had kneed him in the right spot, he might have let go of her.

The entire ran over her stuff is perspective but that's a yes it is, no it isn't circle argument that I'm not about to get in with you

I don't agree with that but I wasn't being funny when she raises her hand and threatens to hit him why doesn't he have a right to nullify that threat without hitting her.

You do not have the right to grab someone. She didn't flinch or move like she was about to throw the punch. It was up in a defensive manner. He's a big enough and strong enough boy to deal with that threat without grabbing her before she even does anything.

He grabbed her and said something, I don't know but I imagined it had to be something like put your hand down or you better not touch me or something like that. We can't know but imo if she jerks away and does not punch him he doesn't punch her. I'm not being an a$$ that's truly how I feel.

She tried to jerk away. That's what the knee against him was for. And even with the force of her pulling back and pushing off with her knee, he didn't let go. Did she not ask nicely enough to please stop forcefully holding my wrist and restricting my movement?

Which was preceded by him putting his hands on her (an not merely touching her, but grabbing and controlling her). That is the escalating act. And she didn't "knee" him. She didn't thrust her knee up into him like someone who's using it like a kick. She put the knee on him then used it to push him away from her. That's an entirely different thing.

yeah she kneed him. And preceding him grabbing her, she put her fists up.

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

:thumbsup:/>

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

sexism too...

yeah she kneed him. And preceding him grabbing her, she put her fists up.

Putting your fist up in response to a perceived threat does not give someone the right to grab and hold you.

And no, she did not "knee" him. She used her knee to push him away and try to break his grip.

Archived