Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

No imo he whatever she said while holding her hand up he took her word for it and believed her. You still didn't say what was his moves though because if I know I'm stronger and I think somebody is going to punch me I'd hold that arm too.

I just feel maybe some of you haven't been in too many fights, so many things can happen in a fight. A fight isn't a Stallone movie where you just trade licks and say hit me and laugh it off....

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

I disagree, kneeing and punching him is what I think took it to something more

Which was preceded by him putting his hands on her (an not merely touching her, but grabbing and controlling her). That is the escalating act. And she didn't "knee" him. She didn't thrust her knee up into him like someone who's using it like a kick. She put the knee on him then used it to push him away from her. That's an entirely different thing.

yeah she kneed him. And preceding him grabbing her, she put her fists up.

Putting your fist up in response to a perceived threat does not give someone the right to grab and hold you.

And no, she did not "knee" him. She used her knee to push him away and try to break his grip.

Like I said before, she kneed him to open the distance to strike. It's a common combo.

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

:thumbsup:

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

sexism too...

It's no secret that the average woman is physically weaker than the average man. If you think saying it out loud is sexist, Whatevs.

No matter how sincere a person is, they can still be wrong.

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

Which was preceded by him putting his hands on her (an not merely touching her, but grabbing and controlling her). That is the escalating act. And she didn't "knee" him. She didn't thrust her knee up into him like someone who's using it like a kick. She put the knee on him then used it to push him away from her. That's an entirely different thing.

Putting your fist up in response to a perceived threat does not give someone the right to grab and hold you.

And no, she did not "knee" him. She used her knee to push him away and try to break his grip.

She was pushing him before all of that and I can't help but lmao at him being the threat for trying to get to a spot, but she's not a threat when she makes a fist and threatens to punch him....that really just blows my mind

No imo he whatever she said while holding her hand up he took her word for it and believed her. You still didn't say what was his moves though because if I know I'm stronger and I think somebody is going to punch me I'd hold that arm too.

I just feel maybe some of you haven't been in too many fights, so many things can happen in a fight. A fight isn't a Stallone movie where you just trade licks and say hit me and laugh it off....

Unless she had a weapon, she wasn't a serious threat to him. He could have walked away. He could have told her if she swings that fist, she's not going to like the result. He could have been prepared to block it if she moved forward to punch. At the very worst, which still involves touching her but at least isn't likely to be perceived as an attack, he could push (not shove) her back at arm's length to prevent her from being within reach of a punch. He chose to grab and control her movements.

Sorry, he owns this one.

Like I said before, she kneed him to open the distance to strike. It's a common combo.

That isn't what the video shows. She pushes off to as she tries to break his hold. When that didn't work and he kept grabbing her, she punched.

And if you can't discuss this like a grown up, you'll be gone.

She was pushing him before all of that and I can't help but lmao at him being the threat for trying to get to a spot, but she's not a threat when she makes a fist and threatens to punch him....that really just blows my mind

She didn't push him anymore than he pushed her to get to his spot.

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

:thumbsup:/>

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

sexism too...

It's no secret that the average woman is physically weaker than the average man. If you think saying it out loud is sexist, Whatevs.

Well no s***. My whole point is that feminists push for equality in many events that require strength such as infantry officer school, but when these events happen, we are supposed to say don't harm all of the feeble women.

That isn't what the video shows. She pushes off to as she tries to break his hold. When that didn't work and he kept grabbing her, she punched.

You're wrong as usual. Don't tell me I'm wrong when I can see the video myself.

Unless she had a weapon, she wasn't a serious threat to him. He could have walked away. He could have told her if she swings that fist, she's not going to like the result. He could have been prepared to block it if she moved forward to punch. At the very worst, which still involves touching her but at least isn't likely to be perceived as an attack, he could push (not shove) her back at arm's length to prevent her from being within reach of a punch. He chose to grab acontrol her movements.

Sorry, he owns this one.

He owns it, but she does too. Well actually she probably doesn't cuz that's the way it usually goes....

All of those it's and but's is fine she has them too. She could have understood she's at a bar and she may be bumped or pushed. She could also have thought she's no match to a man so don't punch him, to me that screams that spoiled I'll do whatever I want upbringing.

If somebody says they are going to punch me I'm already amped. If they raise their hand I'm going to freaking control their movements as well. Instead of hitting her I would've prayed she had a boyfriend and stomped the hell out of him, then I'd still been in trouble though.

I don't buy the you get hit but just have to deal with it scenario

Seeing isn't the problem. I wasn't offering an eye exam. Taking what is seen and properly reading and interpreting it is the issue.

She didn't push him anymore than he pushed her to get to his spot.

That's subjective because at the very end she could've stayed still nobody would have been getting touched anymore and she slid over to the left at the last minute initiating contact all over again. She clearly was trying to obstruct him from getting to the bar for whatever reason it wasn't about her feeling threatened and all that bull

Unless she had a weapon, she wasn't a serious threat to him. He could have walked away. He could have told her if she swings that fist, she's not going to like the result. He could have been prepared to block it if she moved forward to punch. At the very worst, which still involves touching her but at least isn't likely to be perceived as an attack, he could push (not shove) her back at arm's length to prevent her from being within reach of a punch. He chose to grab acontrol her movements.

Sorry, he owns this one.

He owns it, but she does too. Well actually she probably doesn't cuz that's the way it usually goes....

All of those it's and but's is fine she has them too. She could have understood she's at a bar and she may be bumped or pushed. She could also have thought she's no match to a man so don't punch him, to me that screams that spoiled I'll do whatever I want upbringing.

If somebody says they are going to punch me I'm already amped. If they raise their hand I'm going to freaking control their movements as well. Instead of hitting her I would've prayed she had a boyfriend and stomped the hell out of him, then I'd still been in trouble though.

If this is what you believe more power to you. But I would suggest brushing up on the law before you get into your next brawl. There is a reason Johnson, and not the girl, was arrested and its because the law is being followed.

Sorry, he owns this one.

I've said before they both bear some responsibility, but the majority of it falls on him. Both of them could have not been asses. He could have made more of an effort not to plow through her, they both could have been more accommodating instead of rude. Bars are crowded and people jostle each other. Most apologize and accept apologies and move on. But him grabbing her took it from two people acting childish to something more threatening.

Seeing isn't the problem. I wasn't offering an eye exam. Taking what is seen and properly reading and interpreting it is the issue.

I can interpret it just fine. what's the issue now?

He grabbed her because she threatened him though....your argument is he shouldn't have seen it as a threat....who are we to tell somebody what's a threat though?

That's the issue: your inability to properly understand what you saw.

Sorry, he owns this one.

If this is what you believe more power to you. But I would suggest brushing up on the law before you get into your next brawl. There is a reason Johnson, and not the girl, was arrested and its because the law is being followed.

Yeah that's always the reason...But cool story. Yeah if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm not just going to stand still while somebody threatens me. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where a woman has stabbed, shot, and maced guys at a bar.

He grabbed her because she threatened him though....your argument is he shouldn't have seen it as a threat....who are we to tell somebody what's a threat though?

Someone making a fist and being prepared to hit if needed is not a threat that grants you the right to put your hands on them.

And I think most reasonable people can say that an athletic, muscular man who is 50-60 lbs bigger than some sorority chick at a bar should not perceive that as a serious threat. He had other options to mitigate her weak-ass punch. He chose poorly.

cole, I'm not that much bigger than that girl. And probably not much taller. I'm certainly not in the shape the average D-1, Power 5 conference football player is. And even I wouldn't have felt the need to grab her arm there. I feel quite confident in my ability to either block, deflect or avoid any punch she threw. You cannot tell me this kid really felt she could do any real damage to him. Even the way she's made a fist tells you you're not in for much of a fight.

That's the issue: your inability to properly understand what you saw.

It's your issue and I can do this all day. I know exactly what the girl did.

You know what I can do all day, jeffy? Delete posts until you respond intelligently instead of being a toddler. At least until I get tired of that and just send you packing.

Dial it back.

Archived