Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

cole, I'm not that much bigger than that girl. And probably not much taller. I'm certainly not in the shape the average D-1, Power 5 conference football player is. And even I wouldn't have felt the need to grab her arm there. I feel quite confident in my ability to either block, deflect or avoid any punch she threw. You cannot tell me this kid really felt she could do any real damage to him. Even the way she's made a fist tells you you're not in for much of a fight.

Well that's my point, I'm 6'1" 235 and if she raised her fist at me I wouldn't take it likely. I saw two girls fight and one cut the other girl with a razor, NOBODY knew where that razor came from. I just don't think it's fair to say or pretty much make her raising her fist really count as anything, but him grabbing her arm means everything....if nothing else if she doesn't raise her hand this is nothing. He wasn't even thinking about this girl

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you're just trying to push your weight deleting posts that shouldn't be deleted. Fact of the matter is that you're just as guilty with the name calling and acting just as unreasonable.

And poof

Now you're just trying to push your weight deleting posts that shouldn't be deleted. Fact of the matter is that you're just as guilty with the name calling and acting just as unreasonable.

And poof

Yeah, I'm the one pushing it.

I'm telling you, you can discuss the issue at hand and drop the sideshow about me or you can go somewhere else.

Jimbo Fisher disagrees and his vote is the only one that counts right now.

Given his lenient tendencies, something tells me that there is either more to the story than we yet know, or he's not buying the kid's explanation.

Jimbo Fisher disagrees and his vote is the only one that counts right now.

If you're directing this towards me it doesn't make sense if not, it's not my business and carry on

Given his lenient tendencies, something tells me that there is either more to the story than we yet know, or he's not buying the kid's explanation.

It has nothing to do with "more of the story." It has everything to do with the video. Same as the Ray Rice situation. Once the video is out there, Fisher has to either allow his player back on the team and watch his public perception tumble to the abyss, or he can save face by dropping the kid. There is a reason why he was only suspended indefinitely until the video was released.

You know what I can do all day, jeffy? Delete posts until you respond intelligently instead of being a toddler. At least until I get tired of that and just send you packing.

Dial it back.

It's true. He can!

;)

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

:thumbsup:/>

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

sexism too...

It's no secret that the average woman is physically weaker than the average man. If you think saying it out loud is sexist, Whatevs.

Well no s***. My whole point is that feminists push for equality in many events that require strength such as infantry officer school, but when these events happen, we are supposed to say don't harm all of the feeble women.

You've now presented an excellent strawman for feminism. Good show.

So I guess you skipped over the jokes such as yeah she'll hurt you with a nail file....That's EXACTLY what they're saying, that a woman can't hurt a man.

And it's no more of being a supposition than your opinion. But I watched the videos and as far as leading to her getting punched she played a part in that.

Yeah. It's supposition. Neither of us were there, Cole.

Well I said it's no more or less than your opinion...like you said neither of us was there

My point exactly. But you presented it as a statement of fact.

I'm sorry if you felt that I presented that way my point was I feel as strongly with my opinion as you do yours

There's no "felt." You did. There is a big difference between "she instigated it" and "I think she instigated it."

Right and I haven't seen the post where you've said I think as opposed to whatever you stand on

You haven't been looking very hard. I'm very careful about what I present as fact.

Why so defensive?

I'm defensive because of what you're trying to do, if you're really trying having an issue of what I've said it means you've overlooked just about every post to target me because I haven't done anything nobody else has in this thread but for whatever reason you feel you will criticize and chastise me. You can either agree or disagree and tell why but no, I'm not feeling what you're attempting to do now

Cole, throw away the shovel.

There can't be a shovel, I'm expressing how I feel about a video I have watched. We usually see eye to eye but this time we don't, it's ok, we'll all be ok. But I don't change my mind from a video I've seen.

And as far as supposition are you saying I'm the only one you can say that's just your opinion too?

The question here is whether or not you are presenting a statement of fact or opinion. The words speak for themselves. Since you obviously cannot present "fact" then just back down from what you wrote. It's not a big deal, unless you make it one, which is what you are doing.

I did try to back down, I said well in that case both of our words is an opinion and Ben for whatever reason said no there will be no truce YOU are wrong!!!! (Paraphrase there) And it's not like I lied; to get to me to fuss about this particular issue, you have to overlook it before my posts then overlook it after my posts. At least I think so given the definition of what supposition means, but I admit that's not a word I'm too familiar with.

Lastly this is no fault of you or Ben, but I have had butt hole and butt hole lite without a brain going in on me lately about typos and grammar so this "correcting" irked me a bit. Now this is about as close to saying sorry and moving on as I can get....

By letter of the law Ben is right. Now let's be fair and correct everybody or not correct anybody at all.

Btw through it all I'm not angry at anybody.

I don't know if you realize how often I point out logically flawed arguments. Do a search for the word fallacy with me as the author.

That's cool but you skipped it in this thread to get to me and you haven't said anything about it from anybody else since. But I imagine it's because you don't agree with me. It's cool though, I still respect you, TT, homer and whoever else not named Tim...we just don't agree it happens. What better way to show how decent we really are

:thumbsup:

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

sexism too...

It's no secret that the average woman is physically weaker than the average man. If you think saying it out loud is sexist, Whatevs.

I don't think you know modern day feminists. In a logic class... LOGIC class, I made the same statement. That I could not say any given man or woman was smarter, more professional, more caring... but that men on average were physically stronger than women on average.

I was screamed out of the class by no less than a dozen people, screaming acronyms I don't even understand lol. Think I heard a CSI, MRA, MRI, maybe an LAPD... hell I dunno. But I did learn that to these college ages people saying men are better at ANY thing gets them riled up.

sexism too...

I don't think you know modern day feminists. In a logic class... LOGIC class, I made the same statement. That I could not say any given man or woman was smarter, more professional, more caring... but that men on average were physically stronger than women on average.

I was screamed out of the class by no less than a dozen people, screaming acronyms I don't even understand lol. Think I heard a CSI, MRA, MRI, maybe an LAPD... hell I dunno. But I did learn that to these college ages people saying men are better at ANY thing gets them riled up.

Modern feminism

It is common among MRAs, conservatives, and other modern antifeminists that "modern feminism" is somehow different from "true", "real", "historical", or "traditional" feminism. Modern feminists are supposedly (1) supporters of female supremacy and/or (2) misandrist. These arguments are usually supported by a quote such as "all men are rapists" or similar actual instances of feminist extremism. However, such examples are extreme minorities within feminism (comparable to TERFs or lesbian separatists), as any investigation of feminism should show.

sexism too...

Well no s***. My whole point is that feminists push for equality in many events that require strength such as infantry officer school, but when these events happen, we are supposed to say don't harm all of the feeble women.

It's not a straw man. the whole point of the thread was equality. Not to discuss whether such and such were in the wrong. That is currently being done on the AU football forums in the rivals section.

It has nothing to do with "more of the story." It has everything to do with the video. Same as the Ray Rice situation. Once the video is out there, Fisher has to either allow his player back on the team and watch his public perception tumble to the abyss, or he can save face by dropping the kid. There is a reason why he was only suspended indefinitely until the video was released.

Or it could be just as I stated. He was willing to give it a chance to play out until he felt he'd heard all the pertinent facts and the video showed how it went down. Jimbo has a track record of leniency. His handling of Jameis is Exhibit A for that. If he bought the kid's explanation, he could simply keep him on suspension and say that he's letting the legal process play out and continuing to investigate to make sure they know all the facts that led up to this moment, what was said or threatened and so on. He didn't do that. I'll allow that he just did it for PR. I don't think Jimbo has a lot of principles on this stuff so he'd jettison some kid if he thought it would help him. But I also think he'd let it play out more if he really thought the kid was telling the truth and getting a bad rap.

Or it could be just as I stated. He was willing to give it a chance to play out until he felt he'd heard all the pertinent facts and the video showed how it went down. Jimbo has a track record of leniency. His handling of Jameis is Exhibit A for that. If he bought the kid's explanation, he could simply keep him on suspension and say that he's letting the legal process play out and continuing to investigate to make sure they know all the facts that led up to this moment, what was said or threatened and so on. He didn't do that. I'll allow that he just did it for PR. I don't think Jimbo has a lot of principles on this stuff so he'd jettison some kid if he thought it would help him. But I also think he'd let it play out more if he really thought the kid was telling the truth and getting a bad rap.

i agree. The video showed more than enough to cut ties. If there is any more to the story it just gets worse for the player. I am surprised however that jimbo was not in the loop enough to have seen the video the following day.

Once the video is out, and with the recent s***shows of the Ray Rice debacle and Jonathon Taylor's failed second chance, I don't think Jimbo even had a choice.

Well I finally watched the video.

I think it's disgraceful for anyone to defend this thug's actions on any basis. That guy has serious issues.

I think it's disgraceful for anyone to defend this thug's actions on any basis. That guy has serious issues.

Thanks for joining the club. Are you in the "she didnt do anything wrong, she didnt cause it, and she was only trying to defend herself" club? Or, alternatively, are you in the very exclusive "both are just as guilty" club?

I don't think anybody here is defending the punch...

Thanks for joining the club. Are you in the "she didnt do anything wrong, she didnt cause it, and she was only trying to defend herself" club? Or, alternatively, are you in the very exclusive "both are just as guilty" club?

I don't think anybody here is defending the punch...

I am in the "it doesn't matter" club. A real man would have laughed that off. You don't hit a woman unless you honestly feel your life is in danger.

sexism too...

It's not a straw man. the whole point of the thread was equality. Not to discuss whether such and such were in the wrong. That is currently being done on the AU football forums in the rivals section.

Equality. :rolleyes:

Only an idiot would argue that a man's punch is a 1:1 thing compared to a woman's. A man hitting a woman is, with no extra training required, quite capable of ******* her right up. The same is not true of a woman hitting a man. So if he responds to being punched with a punch, he's still the bad guy. That's the way it is.

sexism too...

Modern feminism

It is common among MRAs, conservatives, and other modern antifeminists that "modern feminism" is somehow different from "true", "real", "historical", or "traditional" feminism. Modern feminists are supposedly (1) supporters of female supremacy and/or (2) misandrist. These arguments are usually supported by a quote such as "all men are rapists" or similar actual instances of feminist extremism. However, such examples are extreme minorities within feminism (comparable to TERFs or lesbian separatists), as any investigation of feminism should show.

icanthearyou, on Today, 10:37 AM, said:

Bigbens42, on Today, 10:41 AM, said:

Uhmm, do you see the round-about logic here?

ICHY posts that women are not equal to men in physicality and should not be hit.

BigBens posts that the belief that men and women are equal physically is misogynistic

I post that I was called misogynistic for saying men and women were NOT equal physically.

BigBens posts Wiki which states that saying you were called misogynistic for telling people men and women are NOT equal physically is something only a misogynist says.

Logic!

Archived