Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

Well I finally watched the video.

I think it's disgraceful for anyone to defend this thug's actions on any basis. That guy has serious issues.

Thanks for joining the club. Are you in the "she didnt do anything wrong, she didnt cause it, and she was only trying to defend herself" club? Or, alternatively, are you in the very exclusive "both are just as guilty" club?

I don't think anybody here is defending the punch...

I am in the "it doesn't matter" club. A real man would have laughed that off. You don't hit a woman unless you honestly feel your life is in danger.

I'm probably in the "she can inflict serious pain with a punch" crowd on hitting back. And even then, it would only happen after repeated warnings and taking one or two shots. And I still might just shove her roughly to knock her off balance and create some distance between us to break it up. I'm just overall disinclined to hit a woman period, even if she's acting like a total bitch.

It goes without saying that if I thought my life was in danger at all, I'd fight her just like she was a guy and not stop until the threat was neutralized.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icanthearyou, on Today, 10:37 AM, said:

You do NOT hit women. Equating that to equality is truly absurd.

Bigbens42, on Today, 10:41 AM, said:

I can't help but feel there's a tinge of inherently misogynistic MRA sentiment at this forum.

Uhmm, do you see the round-about logic here?

ICHY posts that women are not equal to men in physicality and should not be hit.

BigBens posts that the belief that men and women are equal physically is misogynistic

I post that I was called misogynistic for saying men and women were NOT equal physically.

BigBens posts Wiki which states that saying you were called misogynistic for telling people men and women are NOT equal physically is something only a misogynist says.

Logic!

Yep.

I did no such thing.

You made a generalization about "modern feminism." My link and quote was in response to that.

Read carefully.

Well, you wrote your own words that time. We are making progress, even went all out with lots of colors. :)

To the BLUE part... you quoted ICHY when you posted that. To which I figured you were saying hitting women for equality was misogynistic, instead of the inverse. Why quote him and then say people here are misogynistic if your words did not reflect upon his statement at all?

To the YELLOW, yup, it's a generalization of dumb college kids today. That's the thing with generalizations, they don't represent 100% of the subject matter, and local generalizations do not reflect the entirety of what a word means to everyone in the world.

To the GREEN part, again you only posted a link and a quote from the link, so I again had to try and guess what your reasons were for posting it... since you included not a single letter of your own in the post.

The colors are a good indicator that I'm on my phone rather than my iPad. Easier for me to format. :big:

To the BLUE part... you quoted ICHY when you posted that. To which I figured you were saying hitting women for equality was misogynistic, instead of the inverse. Why quote him and then say people here are misogynistic if your words did not reflect upon his statement at all?

You cut my thumb-up out expressing approval for his statement. I included a line break, what more do you want. ;D

And it's quite clear there is some misogyny here.

To the YELLOW, yup, it's a generalization of dumb college kids today. That's the thing with generalizations, they don't represent 100% of the subject matter, and local generalizations do not reflect the entirety of what a word means to everyone in the world.

Oh, ffs.

I don't think you know modern day feminists.

I AM a modern day feminist.

To the GREEN part, again you only posted a link and a quote from the link, so I again had to try and guess what your reasons were for posting it... since you included not a single letter of your own in the post.

There is a reason my link was entitled "modern feminists."

Jimbo Fisher disagrees and his vote is the only one that counts right now.

Given his lenient tendencies, something tells me that there is either more to the story than we yet know, or he's not buying the kid's explanation.

I doubt it was up to him.

Well, you wrote your own words that time. We are making progress, even went all out with lots of colors. :)

Wow.

I am listening to the SC house debate the CBF while reading this thread. I am not sure which makes the least amount of sense to me.

Granted, I haven't followed either discussion closely. ;D

I think it's disgraceful for anyone to defend this thug's actions on any basis. That guy has serious issues.

Thanks for joining the club. Are you in the "she didnt do anything wrong, she didnt cause it, and she was only trying to defend herself" club? Or, alternatively, are you in the very exclusive "both are just as guilty" club?

I am in the "it doesn't matter" club. A real man would have laughed that off. You don't hit a woman unless you honestly feel your life is in danger.

I'm probably in the "she can inflict serious pain with a punch" crowd on hitting back. And even then, it would only happen after repeated warnings and taking one or two shots. And I still might just shove her roughly to knock her off balance and create some distance between us to break it up. I'm just overall disinclined to hit a woman period, even if she's acting like a total bitch.

It goes without saying that if I thought my life was in danger at all, I'd fight her just like she was a guy and not stop until the threat was neutralized.

Well we almost agree. I say you don't hit back, period. Certainly not in that situation. If you can't protect yourself by a stiff-arm then turn around and walk away.

He's lucky he didn't fracture her jaw or an eye socket.

And that's not to say there are women perfectly capable of killing me in individual hand combat. But they would not include a drunk co-ed in a packed bar.

Finally, it also offends my "Southern heritage" as it should any Southern man.

Well we almost agree. I say you don't hit back, period. Certainly not in that situation. If you can't protect yourself by a stiff-arm then turn around and walk away.

And that's not to say there are women perfectly capable of killing me in individual hand combat. But they would not include a drunk co-ed in a packed bar.

If you have to put quotation marks around it, it probably wouldn't offend it too bad.

First sensible thing I've seen you post in quite some time.

Cheers.

If you have to put quotation marks around it, it probably wouldn't offend it too bad.

Sorry, you'll need to explain your point.

it's not obvious?

it's not obvious?

No, which is why I asked. Are you stuck?

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

Hah! You are stuck, aren't you? Quipped yourself into a corner.

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

Let me put it this way, I don't understand how you can have quotation marks around southern heritage but claim to have it. That's like me telling somebody at work that I am an "Auburn" fan and of course .....I do the quotation signs( peace signs) when I say Auburn.

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

Let me put it this way, I don't understand how you can have quotation marks around southern heritage but claim to have it. That's like me telling somebody at work that I am an "Auburn" fan and of course .....I do the quotation signs( peace signs) when I say Auburn.

I used only because it's been such a prolific topic lately with the flag and all.

I started to use southern "manners" or southern "courtesy" which would have been more natural and straightforward.

The quotes were to acknowledge the deliberate use of heritage and that I was throwing that term back to everyone who has used it to defend the CFB on public property. (Some of whom may be justifying the idea of having to punch a coed given the right circumstances.)

Sorry it riled you up.

(Oh and I can't help but to claim a southern heritage given my generational history, quotation marks notwithstanding.) :-\

When I first heard of this topic; I said to myself: "self, why are people making such a big deal out of hittin' on a girl at a bar? I mean, isn't that what bars are for?"

Then I saw the video. Not cool. Minimally, the guy is another dumb jock "roided up" who can't control himself and needs to run into someone who can fight back....well, actually, that is exactly what needs to happen to him. He should lose his scholly and get kicked out of school. Hopefully he can do a few years in the wilderness and try to atone for his behavior....i just hope he doesn't show up at Auburn looking for redemption next week.

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

I used only because it's been such a prolific topic lately with the flag and all.

I started to use southern "manners" or southern "courtesy" which would have been more natural and straightforward.

The quotes were to acknowledge the deliberate use of heritage and that I was throwing that term back to everyone who has used it to defend the CFB on public property. (Some of whom may be justifying the idea of having to punch a coed given the right circumstances.)

Sorry it riled you up.

(Oh and I can't help but to claim a southern heritage given my generational history, quotation marks notwithstanding.) :-\

lol okay notwithstanding the fact that I don't believe you, I still think you're okay in my book :rolleyes:

Cheers.

I think you took the bait. Not happening...

When I first heard of this topic; I said to myself: "self, why are people making such a big deal out of hittin' on a girl at a bar? I mean, isn't that what bars are for?"

Then I saw the video. Not cool. Minimally, the guy is another dumb jock "roided up" who can't control himself and needs to run into someone who can fight back....well, actually, that is exactly what needs to happen to him. He should lose his scholly and get kicked out of school. Hopefully he can do a few years in the wilderness and try to atone for his behavior....i just hope he doesn't show up at Auburn looking for redemption next week.

If he continues hanging out at bars eventually a drunken MAN will try to punch him as well. So no problems there.

Cheers.

Actually, Raptor and I agree on this.

Cheers.

Actually, Raptor and I agree on this.

That happened to me once. Felt weird. Like trying to write left handed.

it's not obvious?

flabbergasted

Sorry it riled you up.

lol okay notwithstanding the fact that I don't believe you, I still think you're okay in my book :rolleyes:

Your "standards" are out of "whack" if you think I am a "liar" but still "okay in your book".

Archived